After match thoughts

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: After match thoughts

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I think AJ is a major reason we putting them in the onion bag...what a player..he set the first up for Ade and also the 5th...

I wonder how many assists he has now.

He has 4 assists and played 11 games.

Is that all? he had 2 today..scored against sunderland.....what else? Im sure he has more than that.

Had one today, so he is on 5 assists.

2 today for me one for onouhas cross and one for ades last, he wont get the 1st one tho as ned will get assist and tevez goal(according to premierleague.com)

He got a few last week against burnley and won the peno against bolton, aside from that his workrate and desire realy impress me.

Delighted all round with the results and performances of last 2 games.(our rivals results have been perfect for us too which is an added bonus!)
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:53 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:No he's on 4 still that's the stats after todays game.

Well you are wrong.

Who put that pass for Ade's last goal by the way?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:57 pm

Well you are wrong.

Correct..he looked up and made the pass... he didnt just hoof it up to no mans land....terrific insight from him.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:10 pm

Ned was awesome, especially the goal where he assisted himself. Great pass into space to himself LOL
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:11 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Ned was awesome, especially the goal where he assisted himself. Great pass into space to himself LOL

Best one one Ive ever seen.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bluej » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:12 pm

Well you are wrong.

BBC said it was Given, and thinking back to the goal I can't remember who it was!
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:16 pm

bluej wrote:

Well you are wrong.

BBC said it was Given, and thinking back to the goal I can't remember who it was!

AJ.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby colonel_muck » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:37 pm

well done boys you were absolutely fuckin phenomenal today. barry's best performance in a city shirt, we didn't even need NDJ on the pitch with the way GB was playing today his long balls were immense and his clean up work was world class, i will admit that i have found barry very inconsistent but since the everton game he has gone from good, to better, to crucial. if he keeps it up which we know he can we will be far more assured and consistent. I am officially in love with Carlos Tevez, and fucking love Adebayor. But all this means nothing because we all know the best thing about today was our very own acadamey superstar striker hitting two brilliant finishes.... GO ON NEDUM!!!!!!!
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby simon12 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Neds 2nd goal he put it right in the fucking corner. How many chances did we fuck up as well it could`ve been a massacre. No wonder those Lulu`s sorry Zulu`s kicked off.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Patrick » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Funny game today - we were playing really well but Brum were very well organised and really didnt have that much trouble stopping our onslaught - possession and attempts were all stacked in our favour but to be honest I had no idea who would score first.

The back 4 looked good but not indestructible and the midfield failed to carve open brum for a long long time

Reminded me a lot of the everton game - I was really worried until the penalty - then brum had to open up and we were let of the leash - sublime periods of city play followed

Fuckin wonderful - 14 goals in 3 games - wow
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:38 pm

I'm thinking where we'd be if we'd won 4 more games, instead of drawing them. 70 points with Arsenal and rags to play. We could really have put the cat amongst the pigeons.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Grob » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:49 pm

Lots of players had good individual games and the players nitted well as a team. The front 4 are comfotable now playing together and getting better. The formation is no longer being mindlessly changed from minute to minute,game to game and the play now looks consistant.

The team is settled and the results are coming. You would have expected this kind of thing to happen eventually with the squad of players we have. The manager was bound to get it right eventually.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby guv111 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:01 pm

Not just for football, but a great day all round for me.

Then it just kept getting better and better, with lots of lovely icing on it, as the results came together. The best the Rags can do is draw against a side whose manager is so desperate to keep in Taggart's good books, that he would rather cut off his own thumbs than displease him. Liverpool back to their toothless worst; and Spurs being humiliated on live TV.

Damn. It must be downhill from here. I'm dreading tomorrow... :@(
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:18 pm

Great day today.

Quality performances all round. Some really good goals.

Confidence in the team is growing match by match. The front 4 of Tevez, Adebayor, Bellamy and Johnson are virtually a threat each time they get the ball. Wonderful to watch.

United next week is perfect timing for us.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby kav27 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:18 pm

Loved the way the crowd shouted "shoot" everytime Ned got the ball and then "No, that way" pointing opposite way when he back passed. Funny when thousands of people do the same thing. Oh and the "Are you Burnley in disguise" was also pretty good.
kav27
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Twobob » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:40 pm

Orgasm! Today we saw our whole team play as a unit for the first time - we looked fantastic!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:36 pm

Positives: 1. the whole forward line - Tevez full of running as always, Johnson taking the ball past people, Adebayor playing with a smile on his face. 2. just the fact of beating a mid-table premiership team 5-1. Negatives: City weren't really stretching Brum till after they took the lead from a doubtful penalty, Garrido at fault on Birmingham's goal, Given uncertain on crosses. But with the kind of attack City have, you'd always back them to score more than they let in.
There'd been a rag fan in the pub at the start with his grossly fat rag wife, she was wearing a shirt with the granny-shagger's name on the back. She was shouting "Come on Birmingham" when they made it 2-1 but they were gone by the end. Hope I don't have to suffer them next Saturday.
After the game there was Spurs v Portsmouth's extra time to watch. When Pompey made it 2-0 a Spurs fan screamed "Our season's over!" They have good reason to feel that way.
As for Birmingham, they were playing rugby at times. Holding players down, grabbing shirts, arms round people's necks. Probably happens in every game but if the ref had played to the rules City would have had three more penalties.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby Socrates » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:46 pm

Grob wrote:Lots of players had good individual games and the players nitted well as a team. The front 4 are comfotable now playing together and getting better. The formation is no longer being mindlessly changed from minute to minute,game to game and the play now looks consistant.

The team is settled and the results are coming. You would have expected this kind of thing to happen eventually with the squad of players we have. The manager was bound to get it right eventually.

it wasn't mindless, he was working it out. At better than 2 points a game that isn't bad for a transitional period while working it out don't you think?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Chinners » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:58 pm

I've done 3 man wees this evening ... and am starting to actually believe (please don't let me/us down City!!!)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Well you are wrong.

Brilliant that pass was
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum