Mancini going no where

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mancini going no where

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:15 pm

Roberto Mancini has nailed any notion that he is heading back to Italy this summer by revealing that he is already making plans for next season's campaign with the Blues.

City's manager, a natural magnet for Serie A clubs after his hat-trick of titles with Inter Milan, has been linked in the media back home with a move to Italian giants Juventus.

But even as he bids to clinch a Champions League place, Mancini is working on a pre-season schedule for his squad and formulating a wanted list for the summer transfer market.

He told mcfc.co.uk: "I am already planning for next season. Next season will start on July 5 when the players come back after the summer.

"For us it's more important that we finish well this season, and we must concentrate 100 per cent to get fourth place because we have six games that are very difficult.

"After that, we can think about the future - we have in our minds already some players who can be good for next season."

The Blues boss has again laughed off the idea that he is packing his bags for Turin, and told the Italian sports writers that he aims to be in charge at City for the long haul.

He explained: "In Italy it is normal in March or April for that to happen. There are three newspapers that write about football every day, and they must write something on a manager's future or a player's future.

"I did give an interview, but I never said I wanted to go to Juventus. Manchester City is my club and I have a contract here for three and a half years. I've said that to the papers in Italy, but I don't know what they'll write."

mcfc
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Mancini going no where

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:28 pm

saw this.. starting plans for next season..

cmon City players get yer bids in now..
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:37 pm

Beautiful. Not that I FOR A SECOND thought he'd be going anywhere (provided he doesn't get sacked that is).
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:41 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Beautiful. Not that I FOR A SECOND thought he'd be going anywhere (provided he doesn't get sacked that is).

oh another thread that is going to be all about I
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby blootoof » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:57 pm

I was readin Mancinis quotes in my head in English until it got to "important", then it went all Italian...Strange!
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:30 pm

I hope City feel the same way. I don't see why Mancini can't succeed at City given time & he's shown recently that he's willing to play adventurous football when the opportunity arises so what else do we need? The players & fans seem happy enough with him so why not leave him to it? Do we really need to have the press sucking Mourinho's dick every week?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fish111 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Mourinho will be ours in the summer, i'm convinced of it. No evidence, no ITK info, i just feel it in my loins.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Vhero » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Fish111 wrote:Mourinho will be ours in the summer, i'm convinced of it. No evidence, no ITK info, i just feel it in my loins.

*ew*
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:49 pm

Fish111 wrote:Mourinho will be ours in the summer, i'm convinced of it. No evidence, no ITK info, i just feel it in my loins.

so you are saying that you get a chubby when you see him on telly..?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby lythamblue » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:59 pm

Sorry .... but what else would you expect him to say at the moment?

With a team facing 6 games which could elevate the Club to the next level, it is unlikely he is going to give out any messages that would indicate he may not be here next season.

Our players currently need a focus which would indicate that qualifying for the Champs League this season would be the basis for the club to lift off ...... with Mancini and THEM both being a major part of the future plans etc.

Saying you are "not sure as to whether you will be around next season" is hardly going to motivate them to achieve the neccessary end to the season.

IMO, if he achieves top 4 he will be here next season and probably will be here if he doesn't.

It all depends ..... on who else becomes available??!!

In any case, top 4 is a must, as it will increase his 'stock' if he wants to go and increase our pulling power if we want to replace him. Everyone wins!
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fish111 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:01 pm

brite blu sky wrote:

so you are saying that you get a chubby when you see him on telly..?

All depends on how we play and the result of course.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:07 pm

I think that these quotes have only come out because of the recent speculation regarding Juve. I am under the opinion that he is here for the full term unless things really go Pete Tong.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:34 pm

All this speculation just makes me think that Mancini was always only a standing for Jose. I kind of hope not as I would really like to see Mancini stay at City, but stating that, I wouldnt exactly be gutted if we got Jose in as a replacement. Infact, I think he is the ONLY guy Id be happy with rather than Mancini.

So if Mancini goes, we have to get Jose.Otherwise its bad news imo...
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:38 pm

lythamblue wrote:Sorry .... but what else would you expect him to say at the moment?

With a team facing 6 games which could elevate the Club to the next level, it is unlikely he is going to give out any messages that would indicate he may not be here next season...

Oh I don't know...telling everyone you are off at the end of the season seems to work out ok for Jose and on the eve of an important CL match no less.

Come to think of it it worked out ok for Jose last season as well. Wonder if he will try a different tactic next season at Inter?
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum