Scott Parker

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Scott Parker

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:23 pm

Not really free from injury this season but pretty immense for W Ham on Sunday at Everton. In fact anytime I see him he looks good. A box to box midfielder in fact.

Now when we were rumoured to be ´signing him on Monday morning`- SSN understands - there were long howls of derision about it. Now I didn´t venture an opinion then because I hadn´t seen enough of him, but I wonder if he would´ve been an asset to us this season?

Anyone else have an opinion on this?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Scott Parker

Postby 13021J » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:31 pm

He has good games but the fact is he is the key midfield man in a side struggling against relegation, so I would not be best pleased if we went for him. We should hopefully be aiming for the likes of Toure/Gerrard/Arteta
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby walmai » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:51 pm

So obviously Hammer of the Year that they probably won't bother to set up a vote about it.

I take the point about his unlikely being on Mancini's radar (given our team's lowly position), but the fault there lies with our international CB (and captain) and goalkeeper.

If Parker's had an excellent year, theirs have been the diametrical opposite...

If we stay up, he'll stay with us.
If not, I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like Villa come in for him.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Honestly if we get champions league can see us looking for much bigger fish.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby OhDannyBoy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:38 pm

He was brilliant v everton like you mentioned.

It has seemed him stick at times this season, probably west hams problem, they need more scott parkers.
OhDannyBoy
Superman's Underpants

Postby walmai » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:50 pm

Vhero wrote:Honestly if we get champions league can see us looking for much bigger fish.

Certainly you will, but, with respect, I doubt you'd lure Yaya Toure to COMS.
He plays for the world's best team.

Arteta maybe, although they don't compare as players (Arteta's a magician, but needs a midfield minder).

God knows about Gerrard. A lot would hinge on any more death threats he might get...
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CityGer » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:33 pm

Top player and a rare in that he has the ability to both spoil and create. I'm amazed that he still appears to be miles away from Capelo's plans.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Parker has definitely been a key player for West Ham this season. I shudder to think where they'd be had he not been there in the Midfield. Challenging Derby for shittest ever season, probably.

OK, his name is an improvement on the Lallana thread - but he'd be a solid acquisition for Villa or Everton. A Player who has been there for season after season yet never picks up the credit.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:36 pm

quality player but a tad too old and settled in london, my arse fan mate today was only saying hed love arsenal to sign him. Feel a bit sorry for him not getting any help from the other 10 on the pitch. I read somewhere a great point if he hadnt of gone from charlton to chelsea and instead made a gradual move up the premiership ladder he could be at the top.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby bluechester » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:43 pm

13021J wrote:He has good games but the fact is he is the key midfield man in a side struggling against relegation, so I would not be best pleased if we went for him. We should hopefully be aiming for the likes of Toure/Gerrard/Arteta

might be on my own here, but think gerrard as had a shit season, what is 39 approaching 30, maybe he might be on the downward spirral, seems to have lost that forward drive & a bit of pace

like i said i might be on my own on this one, ha ha
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby walmai » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:43 pm

btajim wrote:Parker has definitely been a key player for West Ham this season. I shudder to think where they'd be had he not been there in the Midfield. Challenging Derby for shittest ever season, probably.

OK, his name is an improvement on the Lallana thread - but he'd be a solid acquisition for Villa or Everton. A Player who has been there for season after season yet never picks up the credit.

Everton will have Fellaini bossing their midfield for years to come.

And come on Jim, we've been in the bottom three once or twice this season (as you were the last time around), but never plumbed the depths of that Derby season.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:01 pm

walmai wrote:And come on Jim, we've been in the bottom three once or twice this season (as you were the last time around), but never plumbed the depths of that Derby season.

We briefly hit 18th after we lost 2-1 at West Brom (and it went off in the Away enclosure...) but my comment was a little tongue-in-cheek. I do think you'll stay up this season - but it won't be pretty. Just like Dowie.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:28 pm

btajim wrote:
walmai wrote:And come on Jim, we've been in the bottom three once or twice this season (as you were the last time around), but never plumbed the depths of that Derby season.

We briefly hit 18th after we lost 2-1 at West Brom (and it went off in the Away enclosure...) but my comment was a little tongue-in-cheek. I do think you'll stay up this season - but it won't be pretty. Just like Dowie.

i'm really hopeful West Ham stay up...and i think Parker has some pieces around him which are good as well. That's a team with 3-4 signings could really make a run at some European football and be a top 10 side. There is quality around the pitch i think. They won't be Villa or Everton, but they have some parts that are absolutely workable imho.

What do you think of that Walmai?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby walmai » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:01 pm

Well, top ten 3 of the last 4 seasons (this is our 5th in the Prem since valiant return, ahem, against Preston in the a flukey play off final) isn't such a bad return and I am grateful for the messages of support on here.

As I say, ensuring survival before your lot turn up would be a bonus. If you're safe in 4th on the other hand, most of your internationals will count it as a day off on full pay.

Which would only serve to ensure we screwed it up perfectly...

...its the West Ham way.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby colonel_muck » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:51 pm

he is a good player to have in a team fighting relegation. there are so many better than him out there when you've got unlimited mountains of cash. didn't want him last january and don't want him now.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dazzacity » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:03 pm

Parker!!! No thanks.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bluechester » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:05 pm

i would take cole though
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby walmai » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:31 pm

bluechester wrote:i would take cole though

Adebayor's the better player, Shirley?
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby bluej » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:46 pm

When we were linked with Parker I thought we could have done a lot worse than him at the time.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:47 pm

Was fuckin immense against Everton even knowing he was sat in the stands for the next 2 games.I would take him at City in the blink of an eye.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum