Champions League Tuesday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Champions League Tuesday

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Bit like Orange Wednesday's, but without the friend.

Anyway, am looking forward to tonight's games. First up is the CSKA v Inter at 1730 hrs on Sky Sports 2/HD, and with Inter holding the advantage it will be very interesting to see how they get on with the plastic pitch. Jose's already bemoaned the fact that CSKA are the only team not to play on grass. In his own words:

"Of 32 Champions League teams, 31 play on natural grass and only one on a plastic pitch". "You make your own judgment, who's right or wrong in this case, but the fact is the game is much more beautiful when it is played on a natural grass".

Is the pressure getting to him, as I've just seen him on SSN and he's looking a right miserable b'stard?

Then, the biggest game of the round for me - Barca v Arsenal. The first game was a cracker at [strike]Highbury[/strike] The Emirates where Barca showed us all how football should really be played. However, Arsenal somehow came back from the brink with 2 late strikes leaving this tie wide open for the return leg at the Nou Camp. Pep and Arsene have both come out and said they want to play in the same vein as the first leg with both showing real admiration for each others game-play. Abidal has had a bit of a pop at Walcott's pace though and I'm just hoping won't don't see another Eduardo/Ramsay incident:

"It may be really good for him to run 100 metres in a little over 10 seconds, but the aim (in football) is to get to the goal". "We'll wait there for him and we'll see what he can do with the ball - let's see if he can get past four defenders."

whereas the Arsenal team seem to be staying stum. Most probably due tot he fact tha they haven't much of a squad left with Song and Vela looking unlikely to play.

Anyway, like I said, am reallylooking forward to tonights game. Anyone playing?
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Champions League Tuesday

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:31 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Bit like Orange Wednesday's, but without the friend.

Anyway, am looking forward to tonight's games. First up is the CSKA v Inter at 1730 hrs on Sky Sports 2/HD, and with Inter holding the advantage it will be very interesting to see how they get on with the plastic pitch. Jose's already bemoaned the fact that CSKA are the only team not to play on grass. In his own words:

"Of 32 Champions League teams, 31 play on natural grass and only one on a plastic pitch". "You make your own judgment, who's right or wrong in this case, but the fact is the game is much more beautiful when it is played on a natural grass".

Is the pressure getting to him, as I've just seen him on SSN and he's looking a right miserable b'stard?

Then, the biggest game of the round for me - Barca v Arsenal. The first game was a cracker at [strike]Highbury[/strike] The Emirates where Barca showed us all how football should really be played. However, Arsenal somehow came back from the brink with 2 late strikes leaving this tie wide open for the return leg at the Nou Camp. Pep and Arsene have both come out and said they want to play in the same vein as the first leg with both showing real admiration for each others game-play. Abidal has had a bit of a pop at Walcott's pace:

"It may be really good for him to run 100 metres in a little over 10 seconds, but the aim (in football) is to get to the goal". "We'll wait there for him and we'll see what he can do with the ball - let's see if he can get past four defenders."

whereas the Arsenal team seem to be staying stum. Most probably due tot he fact tha they haven't much of a squad left with Song and Vela looking unlikely to play.

They have little choice over there in Russia as they only have 2 seasons........WINTER and WINTERS COMING so grass has no fucking chance to grow.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:33 pm

I know mate, but as usual 'The Special One' has something 'Special' to say. The bloke annoys me more everytime I see him. I'm actually hoping CSKA knock them out, then I won't have to see the smarmy little toe-rag.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:37 pm

Gonna watch the Arse get dumped out of Europe tonight I think. As good as they are I cannot see them beating Barca tonight..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:41 pm

Last week they asked him about the press or something, and he said ´I dont like them and they dont like me`.

Personally I think he´s gone completely potty, what was once amusing and ´character` is now pretty tiresome. And those who advocate him coming to us should beware he was actually fired by Roman.
Last edited by john@staustell on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Vhero wrote:Gonna watch the Arse get dumped out of Europe tonight I think. As good as they are I cannot see them beating Barca tonight..

That's what I was thinking when I seen them star-struck in the 1st game. But after seeing those 2 goals go in I think they have a bit of impetus going the Nou Camp.

Should be a cracker, hopefully.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:46 pm

john@staustell wrote:Last week they asked him about the press or something, and he said ´I dont like them and they dont like me`.

Personally I think he´s gone completely potty, what was once amusing and ´character` is now pretty tiresome. And those who advocate him coming to us should beware he was actually fired by Roman.

That's my take on it as well mate. He is a tiresome egotistical little man who is now in the depths of his worst nightmare - being in a place where no-one likes him or likes to hear him, apart from Inter supporters of course.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:34 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Last week they asked him about the press or something, and he said ´I dont like them and they dont like me`.

That's my take on it as well mate. He is a tiresome egotistical little man who is now in the depths of his worst nightmare - being in a place where no-one likes him or likes to hear him, apart from Inter supporters of course.

I am sure the Inter fans are over the moon to hear he wants to move back to England and doesn't like Italian football.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 13021J » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:16 pm

My mate is a liverpool fan and he seems sure Mourinho will end up there. I said that it is unlikely even if they qulaify for CL, as Jose would want £££ and it would cost a fortune to dispatch Benitez.

Personally I think Jose could end up at Madrid, they won't accept not winning the league again, and his talking up of the England thing is a bargaining chip. Ultimately he could come back to England at the Swamp?
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Slim » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:17 pm

13021J wrote:My mate is a liverpool fan and he seems sure Mourinho will end up there. I said that it is unlikely even if they qulaify for CL, as Jose would want £££ and it would cost a fortune to dispatch Benitez.

Personally I think Jose could end up at Madrid, they won't accept not winning the league again, and his talking up of the England thing is a bargaining chip. Ultimately he could come back to England at the Swamp?

That would be my first pick if he were to come back, Taggart must be looking at retirement maybe even this summer(if they win the champions league or the league) and Jose would be a logical choice.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:30 pm

Slim wrote:
13021J wrote:My mate is a liverpool fan and he seems sure Mourinho will end up there. I said that it is unlikely even if they qulaify for CL, as Jose would want £££ and it would cost a fortune to dispatch Benitez.

That would be my first pick if he were to come back, Taggart must be looking at retirement maybe even this summer(if they win the champions league or the league) and Jose would be a logical choice.

I hope you're wrong because I want that motherfucker Bacon Face in charge when we take those cunts to chinatown.
Original Dub

Postby 13021J » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:33 pm

Anyway for tonight I would like to see Inter go through and also Aresenal, hopefully it will give them a distraction for when we play them. Think they have no chance though with all their injuries and the fact that Messi is on fire.

I liked the look of Busquets last week, can see why he is keeping Toure out of the team.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:01 pm

Vhero wrote:Gonna watch the Arse get dumped out of Europe tonight I think. As good as they are I cannot see them beating Barca tonight..

Think your right , Only Good , no Great , No Gods own , teams beat Barca at Home :) But would like to see Arse go through as people have said for the distraction it will cause them . Funny I dont have the same mind set for the Salford lot.
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby 13021J » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:10 pm

carolina-blue wrote:

Think your right , Only Good , no Great , No Gods own , teams beat Barca at Home :) But would like to see Arse go through as people have said for the distraction it will cause them . Funny I dont have the same mind set for the Salford lot.

Ha ha funny that isn't it! Come on you Bavarian heroes!
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Burt » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:20 pm

Then, the biggest game of the round for me - Barca v Arsenal. The first game was a cracker at [strike]Highbury[/strike] The Emirates where Barca showed us all how football should really be played. However, Arsenal somehow came back from the brink with 2 late strikes leaving this tie wide open for the return leg at the Nou Camp. Pep and Arsene have both come out and said they want to play in the same vein as the first leg with both showing real admiration for each others game-play. Abidal has had a bit of a pop at Walcott's pace though and I'm just hoping won't don't see another Eduardo/Ramsay incident:

Fucl all wrong with playin on grass mate. Makes you get the giggles and the munchies:o)
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:03 pm

carolina-blue wrote:

Honestly last thing we need is an English team winning champions league just yet.. We are gonna be next :).
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby 13021J » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Although we do want English teams to do well so as to maintain the coefficient and 4 CL places...
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:39 pm

Inter go 1 up from a Sneidjer free-kick, straight under the wall. CSKA need 3 now!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby HeyMark » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:15 pm

CSKA have been the better team since conceding, shame they didnt get the first goal make it more of a contest
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:17 pm

HeyMark wrote:CSKA have been the better team since conceding, shame they didnt get the first goal make it more of a contest

Agreed mate, and how many times have they shaved that post?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum