Adam Lallana - Sign Him Up?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Adam Lallana - Sign Him Up?

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:43 am

He's good and he's Association trained and he's young and he plays in our box-to-box CM problem position and he's just got his first England U21 cap - one for our grow-bag squad?
[youtube]-WraR8sCuTI[/youtube]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Lallana
Last edited by johnny crossan on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Adam Lallana - Sign Him Up?

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:50 am

He looks stylish mate but I´ll be surprised if he can just slot in and take the Premier and the CL by storm. I think we´ll be looking more ´international superstar`to fill our problem in the summer.

Are you his agent?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:00 am

john@staustell wrote:He looks stylish mate but I´ll be surprised if he can just slot in and take the Premier and the CL by storm. I think we´ll be looking more ´international superstar`to fill our problem in the summer.

Are you his agent?

"one for our grow-bag squad?" you got in before my edit!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:36 am

I bet he's already been tapped up by the Arse.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:46 am

He turns 22 in a month. Hardly one for the future.

Looks good in those vids and decent the one time I've seen him play but honestly, lower Premier League talent imo.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:52 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:He turns 22 in a month. Hardly one for the future.

Looks good in those vids and decent the one time I've seen him play but honestly, lower Premier League talent imo.

If he's 22 then you'd expect he'd've been snapped up if he's the real deal but then again nobody got Johnson til now.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:57 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:He turns 22 in a month. Hardly one for the future.

If he's 22 then you'd expect he'd've been snapped up if he's the real deal but then again nobody got Johnson til now.

What made Johnson bit different was that he had Middlesbrough fan favourite and team talisman Stewart Downing in front of him in pecking order. Once Downing was sold and he got his chance, he made immediate impression. Also, step from being probably the best player in Championship into top Premier League club is huge but nothing compared to coming from division one to Premier League. The difference these days is so big, it's ridiculous. I honestly can't think of single player who took the step in past few years and turned into top Premier League player.

Personally I think that Lallana feller would be eaten alive by Premier League holding midfielders.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:06 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

What made Johnson bit different was that he had Middlesbrough fan favourite and team talisman Stewart Downing in front of him in pecking order. Once Downing was sold and he got his chance, he made immediate impression. Also, step from being probably the best player in Championship into top Premier League club is huge but nothing compared to coming from division one to Premier League. The difference these days is so big, it's ridiculous. I honestly can't think of single player who took the step in past few years and turned into top Premier League player.

Personally I think that Lallana feller would be eaten alive by Premier League holding midfielders.

The lower leagues should be full of gems who could be polished into PL players & the fact that they're not means something is wrong.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:43 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

The lower leagues should be full of gems who could be polished into PL players & the fact that they're not means something is wrong.

I love a good "uncut diamond" me!
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:46 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

Well said
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:34 pm

I'm noticing the name alot on the Final Score Vidiprinter - but a talented scorer in League One for an in form Southampton isn't any indication he'd do the business for a City with Champions League ambition.

Alan Pardew has resurrected The Saints in one season. I don't think the Premiership has seen the last of that man.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

He was a player I suggested a couple of years ago as a player we should look at. Whenever I've seen him, he stands head and shoulders above everybody else on the park. Too good for that level by some margin. Could he make the step up? It's difficult to tell without giving him a try. Delph went from Leeds to Villa, and while he may be younger and have more time, I firmly believe Lallana is a better player. Worth a try from our point of view, afterall, what's the worst that could happen?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Patrick » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I bet he's already been tapped up by the Arse.

homophobe
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:44 pm

btajim wrote:I'm noticing the name alot on the Final Score Vidiprinter - but a talented scorer in League One for an in form Southampton isn't any indication he'd do the business for a City with Champions League ambition.

[highlight]Alan Pardew has resurrected The Saints in one season. I don't think the Premiership has seen the last of that man[/highlight].

I agree Jim. Pardew is quality manager imo. Will be back in big time sooner or later and I think he is out to prove few people wrong.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby HeyMark » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:18 pm

btajim wrote:I'm noticing the name alot on the Final Score Vidiprinter - but a talented scorer in League One for an in form Southampton isn't any indication he'd do the business for a City with Champions League ambition.

[highlight]Alan Pardew has resurrected The Saints in one season. I don't think the Premiership has seen the last of that man[/highlight].

I agree Jim. Pardew is quality manager imo. Will be back in big time sooner or later and I think he is out to prove few people wrong.

I'm not sure he will NQDP, he deserves it but a lot of managers who move down the leagues seem to go out of the mind of many top flight managers who stick to the recently sacked prem managers
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:44 pm

btajim wrote:[highlight]Alan Pardew has resurrected The Saints in one season. I don't think the Premiership has seen the last of that man[/highlight].

His first Premiership season with West Ham was incredible. Just seconds away from beating Liverpool in the FA Cup Final. Trying to takeover from the Post-Curbishley decline at Charlton was always a big ask but he's been given time with Southampton and it's working.

Several of his signings have been good for that Club. Lambert, Barnard... They're making a different. Outside bet for the Play Off's, IMHO.

Signing Lallana doesn't excite me. League One to Champions League? Hmm?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Return to The Maine Football forum