Spurs still the main threat for Vinnie

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Spurs still the main threat for Vinnie

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Vincent Kompany is still very wary of the threat from Spurs despite City leapfrogging the north London side into fourth place in the Barclays Premier League table.

City's emphatic win over Burnley and Spurs' defeat at Sunderland put the Blues back in pole position for the Champions League, but Vincent, who scored his second goal of the season at Turf Moor, is taking nothing for granted.

"We definitely have options," he declares, "but Spurs have a big squad as well. I have a lot of respect for them, and I know they are strong. But it would be wrong for to say that the fact we have a bit more experience would make the difference.

"I think we are in a comfortable
position, but looking at the games to
come they could be the perfect games
for us because they are all direct
opponents of ours."

The Belgian, who turns 24 next Saturday, thinks City's decent record against teams around them in the table will be a big factor in their favour as the season builds up to an exciting climax.

"That's why it was important to get the result at Burnley," he adds, "and the one against Wigan last week. It's even more important to get the result against Birmingham, if we do it then I think those four games will be enjoyable for the neutrals as well as our fans.

"I think that Spurs and Villa at home will be the games that decide what happens, but we don't want to Liverpool to get too close so we need to win that Birmingham game. Until we do, the end of the season seems far away."

Looking back at Saturday's win and the part played by the torrential rain after half time, Vincent states that the way the pitch played was not as bad as it looked.

"It was playable, it made it a bit of a battle and it was like a different game. If it had not rained, if the pitch was in the same condition it would have been easier for us to play our counterattacks given that Burnley were trying for a goal. But 6-1 is a good result, and no-one's going to complain about it."

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Spurs still the main threat for Vinnie

Postby blootoof » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:32 pm

blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:15 pm

blootoof wrote:Image

Im drinking my coffee and staring at it....laughing my tits off.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john68 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:27 pm

blootoof wrote:Image

I'm having difficulty keeping my face straight...but then again...so is he.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:18 pm

I think a lot of us are overlooking liverpool, they could be the silent assassins in all of this, they really could
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:21 pm

Wooders wrote:I think a lot of us are overlooking liverpool, they could be the silent assassins in all of this, they really could

I've been saying that too ever since people started to write them off for various reasons.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:24 pm

Wooders wrote:I think a lot of us are overlooking liverpool, they could be the silent assassins in all of this, they really could

Not a fuckin chance imo Rafa has lost the plot Fact.He takes off Torres at Brum and even Gerrard was scratching his head in bewilderment at the decision nah Scouse wont get 4th the manager is in cloud cuckoo land.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:25 pm

They have to win all there remaining games, another draw or a loss and i think it's over for them. With them still having to play Chelsea and Fulham i think they will slip up against one of them.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:26 pm

they're run in though gillie is pretty easy compared to us and spurs. We need to keep an eye on them thats for sure
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City

Postby bluechester » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:42 pm

i also think liverpool are now our main threat, but when chelsea beat them I think that maybe one more loss too many for them
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:32 am

4 Man City 32 24 59
5 Tottenham 32 26 58
6 Liverpool 33 21 55
7 Aston Villa 32 12 54

How anybody can say the scousers are our main threat is beyond me.
Should we claim the 3 points available with our game in hand we'll be 7 points clear of them, which would mean us fucking up 3 games for them to catch us. Thats us fucking up 3 games out of 5. It ain't gonna happen. Liverpool are out of it.
Its a two horse race for 4th. We have the favourable run in out of Tottenham and us so we've got to be favourites. I just hope to fuck the squad can keep their bottle in this final stage. 540 minutes away from the most important stage of my City supporting life.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:48 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:4 Man City 32 24 59
5 Tottenham 32 26 58
6 Liverpool 33 21 55
7 Aston Villa 32 12 54

How anybody can say the scousers are our main threat is beyond me.
Should we claim the 3 points available with our game in hand we'll be 7 points clear of them, which would mean us fucking up 3 games for them to catch us. Thats us fucking up 3 games out of 5. It ain't gonna happen. Liverpool are out of it.
Its a two horse race for 4th. We have the favourable run in out of Tottenham and us so we've got to be favourites. I just hope to fuck the squad can keep their bottle in this final stage. 540 minutes away from the most important stage of my City supporting life.

Depends on if they drop any more points. They may not be a threat if we win that game in hand but if we don't they're right back in it because of the dangerous teams both City & Spurs have to play. If City & Spurs both lose to Arse & Utd (not impossible) then we may find Liverpool are right next to us. A point for either of us v Arse or rags my turn out to be a useful result. Chelsea could kill them off though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:58 am

I am not counting out Liverpool yet... but they would have to win all their remaining games just to have a chance and then on top of that us or Spurs would have to slip up and not just once.

I don't think Liverpool will win all their remaining games anyway. I think they will definitely lose against Chelsea and probably drop more points on the way.

I thought Birmingham would be a certain 3 points for them... and they couldn't even beat them

And Rafa seems to have lost the plot completely, I don't think Gerrard or Torres want to play for him anymore.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Grob » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:41 pm

At least we know Vince can read a league table correctly
Grob

Return to The Maine Football forum