AJ

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: AJ

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:46 pm

it is great to have a player with his abilities, and he will get even better. Top move by City.
Weiss and AJ on the pitch together would be frightening, AJ can teach Weiss a few more aspects to his game also.. so the prospects could be serious.
AJ is a down to earth lad too so there is less worry about him derailing himself.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:52 pm

Like everyone I am an instant fan - he as adapted so well - not at all fazed - think he needs to beef up a bit (not Micah style) and get a bit more stamina - he does tire towards the end - but what a prospect
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby 13021J » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:11 pm

I had the pleasure of being close to him during the Wigan game when he repeatedly went past the hapless defenders, somehow keeping the ball in play. His speed of thought and foot is astonishing, great signing, I wonder who was responsible for it? They deserve credit.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Grob » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:53 pm

Good talent, still riding the waves like some new signings do. As Socrates once said about Andy Cole, judge him after 15-20 games.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:00 pm

Grob wrote:Good talent, still riding the waves like some new signings do. As Socrates once said about Andy Cole, judge him after 15-20 games.

Up to now he,s scored a blinder for a point against sunderland and set up 3 goals against Burnley and he can play with both feet and has more skill than anyone in the squad.

Id say he was more than a good talent.........he is an Excellent talent and will and should keep SWP out fo the squad.

He is the new Ryan giggs imo.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Paul68 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:25 am

Renato_CTID wrote:When my Italian friends ask me about my trip for the Wigum game, I only tell them: "I watched for the 1st time in my life a young magnificent talent called Adam Johnson! Only glorious AC Milan Roberto Donadoni or famous Giallorossi giant Bruno Conti should be compared at this lad!"

Nice post chief... wigum... - see what I did there?

(solo scherzando - Il tuo inglese è molto buono)

Personally I think this lad is superb and can only get better. looking forward to watching him next season.
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby lythamblue » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:53 am

bluechester wrote:, AJ as it all, can take a wicked corner, play on either wing, pass dribble our very own giggs,

Good shout that and one that I have often used to describe him to Manyoo fans.

Tell them "it's like us having our own version of a 22 year old Giggs" ...... it really, really, really winds them up!
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mike J » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:18 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Grob wrote:Good talent, still riding the waves like some new signings do. As Socrates once said about Andy Cole, judge him after 15-20 games.

Up to now he,s scored a blinder for a point against sunderland and set up 3 goals against Burnley and he can play with both feet and has more skill than anyone in the squad.

Id say he was more than a good talent.........he is an Excellent talent and will and should keep SWP out fo the squad.

He is the new Ryan giggs imo.

and fuck me, how important could that goal at sunderland be come the end of the season.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum