Only Happy When We Lose?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Only Happy When We Lose?

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:07 pm

Original Dub wrote:
btajim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:As for saying people post much more when we lose - you were THE worst person everytime a game didn't go our way under the last guy... thread after thread after thread...

He wasn't the only one - but he was one of the most vocal.

True.

the thing is, this thread is asking whether people on here are rags, because as far as I know, they're the only ones who are happy when we lose? Not a very nice thread IMO

How fucking bizarre interpretation! I had had few drinks and were trying to rally people into positivity. Granted, the wording wasn't the best but to say I was calling people rags..... how fucking strange is that?

I understand it's gutting that you've been moaning and whining about the team and our wins after a good while and it's clear now that you've been a fool that way but there's no need to try and shift blame on someone else's shoulders. It's you and you alone who has been doing that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby symiblue » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:45 pm

SIR, my excuse is that I had to go off to a party near the end of the match. I celebrated in style and rushed on to the PC when i got home only to find a thread slating other fans for not posting - very weird and very divisive.
"That's great, tell him he's Pele and get him back on."
John Lambie, Partick Thistle manager, when told a concussed striker did not know who he was.
symiblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Bellamy

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:53 pm

A definite wind up thread Mr Pants and now you're trying to make me out to be the bad guy.

Give it over will you, it's always you who starts these stupid threads that question other fans loyalty. Its something I never did once to you even though you were constantlt moaning under the last guy. I believe you are a genuine supporter, albeit a bitter egotistical one... so I expect to be treated with the same respect.

And the reason I was "moaning" was because, like many many people on the board, my football team were fucking boring the hell out of me and that's not something I'll ever sit back and take.

Thanksfully its changing now and things are looking up on the performance front.

But please don't ask me to explain why I wasn't on here on a Saturday night again you sad bastard.
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 pm

this thread is gayer than a man on man blowjob.

for realz.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:03 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:this thread is gayer than a man on man blowjob.

for realz.

cheers

Agreed, absolute disgrace of a thread. Do people actually understand what we are about?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:52 am

just delete the fucking thing, its laughable.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:46 am

The Man In Blue wrote:just delete the fucking thing, its laughable.

This topic is shite but what is laughable is the way people been moaning after the games we've won. Bunch of spoiled brats. I loved it when Walmai posted genuinely shocked post after all the moaning threads after 3-0 win against Wigan. Actually no, it's not laughable, it's sad.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:01 am

I think this thread is very relevant. NQDP is right about all the moaning. It´s a complete joke.

32 years of shite (since we last had a decent side), 4th in the League now (and rising next season) and the team gets slated for beating a bogey team 3-0 and getting a good draw at Sunderland (looks better now eh?). It´s not a question of ´
if it wasn´t for Tevez` because that´s why top teams buy people like Tevez, Rooney, Drogba and Torres. They unlock doors.

Then when we get a record away half time score, all quiet.

But were it ever so. I remember Tueart and the like regularly banging in four, but woe betide them if they hadn´t scored after 10 minutes!!

Cant wait for the tide of horror if we get knocked out in a CL semi!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:20 am

....not sure if I am allowed on here - but I will sneak in and hope the prefect does not notice......

I must say that I am with DH here - although it was somewhat against the thread theme - the difference against Burnley - which we must maintain (including against the rags) was we cam out positive - let the dogs of the leash - we have the players for that and we should play like that with the likes of de jong on against the better teams to provide cover / break things up / buy time when we lose the ball etc - we have been far too defensive under both Hughes and Mancini - teams should fear us - not the other way around
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:22 am

I went out and got pissed.
I was well happy.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:30 am

john@staustell wrote:I think this thread is very relevant. NQDP is right about all the moaning. It´s a complete joke.

32 years of shite (since we last had a decent side), 4th in the League now (and rising next season) and the team gets slated for beating a bogey team 3-0 and getting a good draw at Sunderland (looks better now eh?). It´s not a question of ´
if it wasn´t for Tevez` because that´s why top teams buy people like Tevez, Rooney, Drogba and Torres. They unlock doors.

Then when we get a record away half time score, all quiet.

But were it ever so. I remember Tueart and the like regularly banging in four, but woe betide them if they hadn´t scored after 10 minutes!!

Cant wait for the tide of horror if we get knocked out in a CL semi!

It might well be relevant - I agree - in the same way that in another thread we have been discussing the atmosphere at COMS and what can be done about that - been the same since the new Kippax stand was built (for those that can remember the old)

It would be good to get something sorted out both at the stadium and on the internet re positivity - otherwise with the 30k 'new' fans we will attract over the next 5 - 10 years it will only get worse

I think that the reason there is some push back in this thread is that it has been started for the wrong motives and by someone that was Olympic standard in getting out of the traps to be negative under the old regime it smacks of double-standards

On a similar point - as someone said on another thread - there is no 'anti-Mancini' movement - just the impression of one being built up by one or two of the Hughes out extremists to either try and justify their past behaviour or try and take some 'high ground' from laughable positions
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Whitefield Blue » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:52 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Where are all the celebratory topics after amazing game? Where are all the topics giving virtual rimjobs to players and manager?

I came here to celebrate the perfect result and performance. Let's be havin' you!

CLICK HERE
Whitefield Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby dazby » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:19 pm

Woohoooo!!!!!! We won, we kick arse!!!! I fucking love this club!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get over there and touch it, smell it, feel it. I'm gonna cheer them on at training, I'm gonna go to a reserves match, an under 18's match. And I'm gonna be a mad fucker, and everyone's going to #oint at me and laugh. But I don't care. Not one bit. Because we are on the crest of a fantastic wave, and I want to let everyone know that I'm enjoying the ride...........

Woooooohoooo!!!!!!!!!!
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:21 pm

dazby wrote:Woohoooo!!!!!! We won, we kick arse!!!! I fucking love this club!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get over there and touch it, smell it, feel it. I'm gonna cheer them on at training, I'm gonna go to a reserves match, an under 18's match. And I'm gonna be a mad fucker, and everyone's going to #oint at me and laugh. But I don't care. Not one bit. Because we are on the crest of a fantastic wave, and I want to let everyone know that I'm enjoying the ride...........

Woooooohoooo!!!!!!!!!!

That's pretty much what I was looking for! Add few drunken typos and voilá! Unfortunately it's tuesday now and I'm all sober!

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Grob » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:I went out and got pissed.
I was well happy.

Im pretty certain we all were, I think Niall just went off on one again cause we weren't here to say so.

Can you set up automated happy responses so after we win and we are not here to post, one will be posted? It would keep Niall off our backs.

Incidently im very unhappy when we lose.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:56 pm

I think when we lose we all feel a need to vent but when we win we are all in our calmer places so we just all chill out.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:55 pm

dazby wrote:Woohoooo!!!!!! We won, we kick arse!!!! I fucking love this club!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get over there and touch it, smell it, feel it. I'm gonna cheer them on at training, I'm gonna go to a reserves match, an under 18's match. And I'm gonna be a mad fucker, and everyone's going to #oint at me and laugh. But I don't care. Not one bit. Because we are on the crest of a fantastic wave, and I want to let everyone know that I'm enjoying the ride...........

Woooooohoooo!!!!!!!!!!

So, are you one of the new lot trying to board the gravy train?

Hope you have a cracking time mate, we get to see it every week, you get to see it early morning ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:00 pm

gillie wrote:I think when we lose we all feel a need to vent but when we win we are all in our calmer places so we just all chill out.

there's not actually much you can say is there? Great, super, fantastic, just made it across the line, whereas if we didn't win it is a whole heap of superlatives; some even without the gesticulation!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum