Mourinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mourinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:59 am

Whether he's coming or not, it's a distraction we don't need at this stage of the season. If they have been talking to him, as I suspect they have, I hope they've been honest with Mancini about the possibility of a change even if he achieves the goals set.

It would be another really low class move if they were to set targets then shit on him like they did Hughes.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby BobKowalski » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:44 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Some [highlight]strange[/highlight] opinions on here. Would have Mourinho at any time and at any price.

Mancio et al MAY get us there, Mourinho guarntees success and winning trophies (anyone remember them?), which is the object of the exercise. If we have an opportunity to get Mourinho Why are we wasting time when the best man for the job can be had?

I'm not medically qualified but I think Jose looked a little strange in his interview with Sky.

I must admit I was surprised by the timing of the interview specifically on the eve of a big match for Inter. He almost sounded desperate and it can't have been a big boost for the players. The move in the media to get Jose into City is also begining to sound a bit desperate although its gratifying to to have City up there with the big boys as a potential Jose destination - I don't hear calls for Jose to Villa or Spurs if they don't get a top 4 spot.

Thing is if Jose to City is a 'done deal' as many seem to think why the fuck is he pleading on Sky for a bleeding job?
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:50 am

BobKowalski wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Some [highlight]strange[/highlight] opinions on here. Would have Mourinho at any time and at any price.

Mancio et al MAY get us there, Mourinho guarntees success and winning trophies (anyone remember them?), which is the object of the exercise. If we have an opportunity to get Mourinho Why are we wasting time when the best man for the job can be had?

I'm not medically qualified but I think Jose looked a little strange in his interview with Sky.

I must admit I was surprised by the timing of the interview specifically on the eve of a big match for Inter. He almost sounded desperate and it can't have been a big boost for the players. The move in the media to get Jose into City is also begining to sound a bit desperate although its gratifying to to have City up there with the big boys as a potential Jose destination - I don't hear calls for Jose to Villa or Spurs if they don't get a top 4 spot.

Thing is if Jose to City is a 'done deal' as many seem to think why the fuck is he pleading on Sky for a bleeding job?

You've got to ask yourself why Mancio would give up a lucrative contract settlement at Inter (where they were liable for his full salary for a further 4 years) for a six month caretaker role at City. To me the answer is he didn't - hence 3 and half years.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby BobKowalski » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:08 am

johnny crossan wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

You've got to ask yourself why Mancio would give up a lucrative contract settlement at Inter (where they were liable for his full salary for a further 4 years) for a six month caretaker role at City. To me the answer is he didn't - hence 3 and half years.

For what its worth I also think Mancini is here for next season irrespective of a top 4 finish or not. The speculation will not go away however and Jose to City/pool/manure stories will bump around all season - and probably next as well :)
BobKowalski

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:12 am

Goaters 103 wrote:http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2010/04/mourinho-and-city-would-be-the-perfect-fit.html

Agree with this on the perfect fit angle, right manager at the right time for City. We have a limitless budget, our supporters would desperately love winning a trophy and some tangible success, our owners crave a higher profile and box-office, and some of our players need a kick up the arse or the exit door - Mr Mourinho would address all of those in one swoop.

It also seems the press are now open house on Garry Cook, so maybve his role is to stick around at the club so the flak is concentrated on him rather than others!

"....such is his nose for trouble that the club may even be glad to see the back of him" - why do we want such an ego at the club? - he will distract from the CITY project - make a wankfest about himself for a couple of years and fuck off - having done damage to the key areas of developing the club (outside the 1st team) that he never seems interested in.

There is no better candidate to polarise views amongst fans - I certainly do not want him and that is the case with many others - this would be as bad/worse as the situation with Hughes - only difference being that myself (along with the others I guess) would get behind him if he became the CITY manager - unlike some of the extremists in the Hughes example that put egos ahead of the club
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:41 am

mcfc1632 wrote:"....such is his nose for trouble that the club may even be glad to see the back of him" - why do we want such an ego at the club? - he will distract from the CITY project - make a wankfest about himself for a couple of years and fuck off - having done damage to the key areas of developing the club (outside the 1st team) that he never seems interested in.

No chance. Mourinho needs the attitude / arrogance when he's dealing with top talent and the pressure of a job like City. The man is a winner.

He'd still be at Chelsea had he not fallen out with Ambramovic. The two apparently never really got along.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:54 am

btajim wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:"....such is his nose for trouble that the club may even be glad to see the back of him" - why do we want such an ego at the club? - he will distract from the CITY project - make a wankfest about himself for a couple of years and fuck off - having done damage to the key areas of developing the club (outside the 1st team) that he never seems interested in.

No chance. Mourinho needs the attitude / arrogance when he's dealing with top talent and the pressure of a job like City. The man is a winner.

He'd still be at Chelsea had he not fallen out with Ambramovic. The two apparently never really got along.

No chance of what? - he already polarises views - all press coverage about him is simply that - about him rather than the club - we would just be his platform to spout - and for the bastards in the media that have been shitting on us for ages to just do more of the same - they would have an open door to come and wank over Mourinho - when in fact some of them should be shown the door - I think there is something a bit distastefully shallow (and I mean nothing personal here) about embracing this egotist
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BobKowalski » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:13 am

btajim wrote:

Abramovich and Mourinho got along very well with each other - still do if gifts of yatchs and Ferrari's to Jose after he left are anything to go by. Politics and power struggles did for Jose. The court of Roman is I guess a ruthess enviroment.

I have no problem or issues with Jose's ego and he is the best coach in football in my opinion or at the very least tied with the best and if Jose came to City I would have no complaints. Equally I also think we can achieve success with Mancini so for me its just a matter of ADUG making their final choice and sticking with it. I'm happy either way.
BobKowalski

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:06 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:No chance of what? - he already polarises views - all press coverage about him is simply that - about him rather than the club - we would just be his platform to spout - and for the bastards in the media that have been shitting on us for ages to just do more of the same - they would have an open door to come and wank over Mourinho - when in fact some of them should be shown the door - I think there is something a bit distastefully shallow (and I mean nothing personal here) about embracing this egotist

No chance of Jose ruining anything at City. I'm quietly confident that he'd be a good thing for the Club.

I'd also be up in arms if any of the 91 other Clubs in the Football League had the spending power that we do - but because it's City then I'm not bothered. City aren't exactly media darlings at the moment. We might as well get Jose in to up the ante!
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Jose would be indisputably a good thing for the media, the football stuff is a bit too tedious for them. It was trenchantly noted by the head of SkyItalia that they would have us believe that everyone in Britain wants Mourinho from the Queen to the postman.

Well I don't think he would be good for City, we want someone who's in it for the long term, not just a bridge to Spain or wherever.
Mancini could well be the man, give him a chance. Changing managers again in the summer would make us look really poor.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:04 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Jose would be indisputably a good thing for the media, the football stuff is a bit too tedious for them. It was trenchantly noted by the head of SkyItalia that they would have us believe that everyone in Britain wants Mourinho from the Queen to the postman.

Well I don't think he would be good for City, we want someone who's in it for the long term, not just a bridge to Spain or wherever.
Mancini could well be the man, give him a chance. Changing managers again in the summer would make us look really poor.

I think you will find that most people would agree to the Mourinhos appointment ONLY if Mancini doesnt get us that 4th spot.

We are all lead to believe that Mancini was brought in to get that 4th spot......so Im not going to change my fucking mind now..he either gets it and stays with us for the foreseeable or he doesnt get it and we bring in Mourinho.

Mourinho would be good for any club.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:09 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Mancini said: 'I'm ready to go back, if and when there will be a possibility,'

'As for Juventus - Juve is always Juve. They are going through a difficult period right now but we are talking about a club with history and prestige, made up of many victories.

'How near I am to a return to Italy I don't know, football is strange. It was probably right for me to broaden my horizons, but I will return sooner or later.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... entus.html

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:17 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Jose would be indisputably a good thing for the media, the football stuff is a bit too tedious for them. It was trenchantly noted by the head of SkyItalia that they would have us believe that everyone in Britain wants Mourinho from the Queen to the postman.

I think you will find that most people would agree to the Mourinhos appointment ONLY if Mancini doesnt get us that 4th spot.

We are all lead to believe that Mancini was brought in to get that 4th spot......so Im not going to change my fucking mind now..he either gets it and stays with us for the foreseeable or he doesnt get it and we bring in Mourinho.

I think Mourinho could swan over to Madrid.. they are made for each other.

As for Mancini, if we dont get 4th, but get very very close then i'm not sure iether the club or the majority of fans would be that keen on ditching him.

and as for me, i wouldn't want Mourinho anywhere near City, he doesn't fit with the idea of a long term boss.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:24 pm

Another 10 weeks or another 10 years at City for Mancio? Who knows - not me and certainly not the Daily Fail.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:47 pm

that makes it sound like mancio wont be here long term.

Also I found this interesting;

'The coaches meet for a drink and talk about football, while players gather with family and eat together.

'There are no grudges - the referee's whistle ends every dispute and every rivalry.

comparing england to italy. TBH that could explain why we often see players not giving a shit. I would rather have players with a deep hate for united and fergiscum ala the italy rivalries.
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:54 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I agree - I do not want Mourinho here at all - but the target for Mancini is 4th - and he should be here for a long spell if he achieves that - I did not understand that recent thread where some of the old faction were looking to reduce that target
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:27 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I agree - I do not want Mourinho here at all - but the target for Mancini is 4th - and he should be here for a long spell if he achieves that - I did not understand that recent thread where some of the old faction were looking to reduce that target

I agree he should be allowed to stay if he reaches 4th. I would keep him anyhow if he got top 6, as I would have done with Hughes, (provided he plays attacking football that is, otherwise he can sod off). I don't think it matters a toss what we think though, because I recon if Mourinho wants the job he'll get it & it's looking increasingly likely that he does want it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:37 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Mancini said: 'I'm ready to go back, if and when there will be a possibility,'

''How near I am to a return to Italy I don't know, football is strange. It was probably right for me to broaden my horizons, but I will return sooner or later.'"The caretaker boss is contracted only until the end of the campaign."

but wait!

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/st ... MP=OTC-RSS
When asked when he will return to Serie A, Mancini, who is under contract with City until June 2013, said: "I don't know. Football is strange but sooner or later.''

You pays your money.....you makes your choice
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blootoof » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:40 pm

I'm sure I read somewhere that Mourinho was detested in Madrid?
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:44 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Mancini said: 'I'm ready to go back, if and when there will be a possibility,'

''How near I am to a return to Italy I don't know, football is strange. It was probably right for me to broaden my horizons, but I will return sooner or later.'"The caretaker boss is contracted only until the end of the campaign."

but wait!

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/st ... MP=OTC-RSS
When asked when he will return to Serie A, Mancini, who is under contract with City until June 2013, said: "I don't know. Football is strange but sooner or later.''

You pays your money.....you makes your choice

I have; he's not sure if he's going to be here next season & he's ok with it either way.

I'm actually happy about that because I like the bloke & I don't want us to take the piss out of him. So long as we're dealing with him correctly & he knows the score then it's not so bad if we do get Mourinho. He's put himself in the shop window for a decent job if we do part company.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum