Colin Hendry

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Colin Hendry

Postby Blue2 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:24 am

Sad to see him now having debt problems following the death of his wife.

Former Blackburn and Rangers star, Colin Hendry, has reportedly sought debt help and is looking at taking out an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA), after being sued over an £85,000 loan he has failed to repay.

The former Scotland captain slipped into the red after his wife’s health took a turn for the worse and he stopped working in order to take care of her. She tragically died from complications caused by a botched liposuction operation in July last year.

Scottish press has reported that the £85,000 he has failed to pay back to his friend and neighbour, Hector MacFarlane, is just the tip of the iceberg in the footballer’s troubled finances.

In an email written five months before his wife, Denise, passed away, Mr Hendry asked his friend, Mr MacFarlane to give him a short term loan of £50,000, saying: “Cash flow is zero and the vultures are circling”.

It has been alleged that Mr Hendry also owes online spread betting firm, Spreadex, over £35,000.

61 year-old Mr MacFarlane said he lent the former footballer £50,000, as well as further top-up loans, bringing the total to £85,000. However, he says that so far he has not received any of the money, and has now taken out an order on Mr Hendry at Blackburn County Court.

Although Mr Hendry has so far not commented on these reports, a source close to him has said he is looking to get his finances in order, by either entering into an IVA, or putting his £1.7 million Lancashire home on the market in order to settle his debts.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Re: Colin Hendry

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:31 am

One of my favourite players ever. Sad.

That said, I can't for the life of me understand how these multimillionaires end up in financial trouble. They really should be sorted for life after the money they have earned.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:33 am

Sad to hear but he does have the luxury of a 1.7 MILLION house to sell.
There is people who dont have that to fall back on and have just as much shit on their plate,we forget about those people.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beeks » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:35 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:That said, I can't for the life of me understand how these multimillionaires end up in financial trouble. They really should be sorted for life after the money they have earned.

I can completely understand it

Some people...like me...live to our means...when we earn more we spend more...I've never saved a penny in my life despite earning good wages!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:45 am

It's a real pity what he's been through but If he sells his house he can buy another really nice one & live comfortably in a really nice area here or any country in Europe so it's not that bad for the future.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:56 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:That said, I can't for the life of me understand how these multimillionaires end up in financial trouble. They really should be sorted for life after the money they have earned.

Some people...like me...live to our means...when we earn more we spend more...I've never saved a penny in my life despite earning good wages!

It's so very different to compare "normal" people earning "normal", even above normal, wages. I'm poor at saving as well and I seem to have holes in my pocket (those holes are called "record stores") BUT in his prime Hendry was earning the same in a week as I earn in a year. It would be so very different if I'd earn 52 times more than I do now.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby david yearsley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:00 am

Really feel for the guy in an emotional sense - always bigged us up and slagged off the rags - remember the Barcelona quote? Priceless!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby lythamblue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:57 pm

I would have thought by now that most of you have learned not to believe all you read in the papers.

The person in question not only has his house in Lytham (worth a damn site more than 1.7 million btw) but also has substantial homes in Scotland and the South of France. A few years of virtually no income whilst worrying about Denise and his family, might have presented a temporary cash flow blip but ...... he certainly ain't skint!!!

Hector was (still is) one of his best mates and there is more to this story than has been reported. The kind of money discussed here, taking the two people into account, is like most on here lending their mate £20, because he can't be arsed going to the cash machine!

In Colin's case he has accrued masses of assets and is quite 'canny' with his investments. Apart from the fact that the last couple of years has not been the time to cash in and to sell off assets, not to mention he has had 'a few other things' on his mind. He also has lucrative job offers and I'm sure once his life settles down a little bit, he will sort everything out.

Now behave ..... and stop falling for this over dramatic bullshit.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:16 pm

lythamblue wrote:I would have thought by now that most of you have learned not to believe all you read in the papers.

The person in question not only has his house in Lytham (worth a damn site more than 1.7 million btw) but also has substantial homes in Scotland and the South of France. A few years of virtually no income whilst worrying about Denise and his family, might have presented a temporary cash flow blip but ...... he certainly ain't skint!!!

Hector was (still is) one of his best mates and there is more to this story than has been reported. The kind of money discussed here, taking the two people into account, is like most on here lending their mate £20, because he can't be arsed going to the cash machine!

In Colin's case he has accrued masses of assets and is quite 'canny' with his investments. Apart from the fact that the last couple of years has not been the time to cash in and to sell off assets, not to mention he has had 'a few other things' on his mind. He also has lucrative job offers and I'm sure once his life settles down a little bit, he will sort everything out.

Thats told them ;)

We will always be given info no matter how much bullshit is spread and it will always affect us in some form or other...no matter who reads what paper or who watches tv....it,s a fact of life.

If on the other hand he had a huge problem with gambling then I could imagine him being in shit street , but taking into account he is not only an ex footballer but also Scottish....there,s no way he,s skint.!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:29 pm

lythamblue wrote:I would have thought by now that most of you have learned not to believe all you read in the papers.

Well said mate.

Just like to also add that an IVA is only possible for lending done under the consumer credit act. Loand covered by the consumer credit act are a maximum of £25,000, wheras the initial loan in this case was £50k. Add to that I assume his next door neighbour is most likely not licenced to lend money under the consumer credit act, and therefore talk of an IVA is total and utter bollocks.

One can assume that much of the rest of the story is probably also made up bollocks, though doubtless there will be some substance to it.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby mr_nool » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

It's so very different to compare "normal" people earning "normal", even above normal, wages. I'm poor at saving as well and I seem to have holes in my pocket (those holes are called "record stores") BUT in his prime Hendry was earning the same in a week as I earn in a year. It would be so very different if I'd earn 52 times more than I do now.

No it wouldn't, cause then you would be riding one of these
living in a pimped up one of these
listening to records on this
and you would have one of these guys following you around giving you a Newkie everytime you snapped your fingers
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:55 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

No it wouldn't, cause then you would be riding one of these
living in a pimped up one of these
listening to records on this
and you would have one of these guys following you around giving you a Newkie everytime you snapped your fingers

Take the car away and you are pretty much spot on!

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Fish111 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Complete sympathy with what happened to his Mrs but his financial situation isn't related at all so i have no sympathy with where he finds himself now. Owing over 35K to a betting firm says it all to me. He's had the money and the opportunities and he has fucked it up. Diddums.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Blue2 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:31 pm

Not in the usual shit press this story - on a Debt Management website, so might be more to it than some of you seem to think.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Blue2 wrote:Not in the usual shit press this story - on a Debt Management website, so might be more to it than some of you seem to think.

They should know better then, as I said above, IVAs cannot be done for non-CCA regulated loans. A loan over £25,000 is automatically non CCA regulated so the story is factually holed below the waterline
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby btajim » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:One of my favourite players ever. Sad.

That said, I can't for the life of me understand how these multimillionaires end up in financial trouble. They really should be sorted for life after the money they have earned.

You can't? Too much too soon, NQDP. Try an average Lad going from £200 a week to £2000. They'll soon spend it.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Return to The Maine Football forum