West Ham v Wolves

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: West Ham v Wolves

Postby gillie » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:05 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Poor ol West Ham were dreadful tonight but Wolves tbf played really well. If West Ham don't get their heads up quickly they'll be relying on the shiteness of Hull & Burnley to keep them in the PL.

Ted i have a sneaky feeling Hull will pull off a great escape and West Ham will be another too good to go down team that does sink.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:18 pm

gillie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Is Zola gone?

Yes imo even if he keeps them up.I think someone we are familliar with will be their next gaffer LMH ANYONE!.

I can actually see it happening as a last resort to keep them up, however I have heard that he's already turned them down.............all rumour of course!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:23 pm

gillie wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Poor ol West Ham were dreadful tonight but Wolves tbf played really well. If West Ham don't get their heads up quickly they'll be relying on the shiteness of Hull & Burnley to keep them in the PL.

Ted i have a sneaky feeling Hull will pull off a great escape and West Ham will be another too good to go down team that does sink.

Well it wouldn't surprise me. I hope it's all decided one way or another before we play them though. I'd be a bit sorry if we were the team to put them down because we needed the points for the Chump's league but alternately I'd be embarrassed if we didn't need the points & we put in an end of season performance that kept them up. We'd get slagged to fuck.

Rather have it all over by then.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:25 pm

I quite like West Ham so hope they stay up. They've got quite a shit team though haven't they?
Only decent players they've got are Diamanti and Parker.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:31 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:I quite like West Ham so hope they stay up. They've got quite a shit team though haven't they?

Thought Parker was tremendous amongst that debacle. Sure, he dropped a few bollocks but his play on the whole all over the pitch was quality.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gillie » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:34 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:I quite like West Ham so hope they stay up. They've got quite a shit team though haven't they?

Tommy i have to disagree with you mate as i think Diamanti is a bag of shite and a whiny arse as well.Carlton Cole is their best player by a country mile imo mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Esky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:23 am

gillie wrote:

Tommy i have to disagree with you mate as i think Diamanti is a bag of shite and a whiny arse as well.Carlton Cole is their best player by a country mile imo mate.

Disagree with that; Diamanti clearly has talent but hasn't been played in the right position. He wasn't strictly a Zola signing (Zola was after Chamakh, I think) and so hasn't been played properly all season.

Not sure what they planned to do with Diamanti/Mido/McCarthy/Cole/Franco etc...lot of players in the squad there.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:42 am

unlucky walmai.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby getdressedmctavish » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:00 am

What about Mancienne as an example of how to play holding midfield. That's where this lad will make it, not CB, imo.And I aint even gonna mention Nige, lol
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby ant london » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:03 am

West Ham weren't great but I thought Wolves played very well indeed.

As someone said, the third goal was a terrific one. The touch he took as the ball came in to him was outstanding
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:09 am

would be intrested to see how kevin doyle would do in a better team, he bullied dunne and collins last week and the same with vidic and evans against the rags, was very unlucky to lose that. West ham will stay up ourely becaus eof the shit hull and burnley have got themselves in!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CityGer » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:14 am

Dubciteh wrote:would be intrested to see how kevin doyle would do in a better team, he bullied dunne and collins last week and the same with vidic and evans against the rags, was very unlucky to lose that. West ham will stay up ourely becaus eof the shit hull and burnley have got themselves in!

Was thinking the same thing. He's looked excellent this season, been really impressed with him. Has all the attributes and looks like a good, all round centre forward. Doubt he'll be there next year, I can see him moving to Villa or perhaps Everton.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby btajim » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:48 am

spiv wrote:I hope that when we play west ham at the end of the season their future is decided before that, we dont want to be playing them with anything resting on the game for them.

I imagine Top 4 will definitely go down to the last Match unless City - Spuds produces an astonishing result.

Apparently there were huge patches of empty seating after 60 minutes last night. That result could keep Wolves up.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Mike J » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:34 am

feel sorry for zola, imo an absolute legend of the game and seems a bloody good bloke too. but maybe not able to cut it as a manager. i reckon he will be gone by this afternoon.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:49 am

Mike J wrote:feel sorry for zola, imo an absolute legend of the game and seems a bloody good bloke too. but maybe not able to cut it as a manager. i reckon he will be gone by this afternoon.

He did a good enough job last season didn't he? Would be total madness to get rid before the end of the season - if at all for that matter.

Bad defeat to Wolves, but they have been no mugs recently.

He has hardly been helped by the off the field antics, and with new owners in he appears to be a dead man walking.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Mike J » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:53 am

johnpb78 wrote:
Mike J wrote:feel sorry for zola, imo an absolute legend of the game and seems a bloody good bloke too. but maybe not able to cut it as a manager. i reckon he will be gone by this afternoon.

He did a good enough job last season didn't he? Would be total madness to get rid before the end of the season - if at all for that matter.

He has hardly been helped by the off the field antics, and with new owners in he appears to be a dead man walking.

i think if i was a hammers fan, the way they have been playing i would want a more experienced head in, ie hughes to get out of trouble. they dont even look like winning at the moment. they need to scrap at the now and under zola it doesnt look like they have it in them.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think

Postby Dronny » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:09 am

Mike J wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

i think if i was a hammers fan, the way they have been playing i would want a more experienced head in, ie hughes to get out of trouble. they dont even look like winning at the moment. they need to scrap at the now and under zola it doesnt look like they have it in them.

That would test our new "typical City" mentality if Hughes was managing them for the last game of the season and we needed to win to secure 4th.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:26 am

If they're going to bring in someone to save them from relegation they'd be better off getting an established 'fire fighting' manager rather than Hughes. The best time to appoint Hughes would be at the end of the season.

I'd just sink or swim with Zola for now though if I was them. If they go down it gives them chance to dump some of the crocks & shite & start again. Tony Carr will probably find them a few more academy players to help out too.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:41 am

gillie wrote:

He is a bit of a moaner but I think he has got bags of talent. When he's on form and deployed in the right manner, he's a joy to watch.
Shame about the moaning, but he is Italian after all!
Fidel Castro

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum