Ireland Departure?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ireland Departure?

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:16 pm

Blunderer wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:
Blunderer wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:
Blunderer wrote:If Stephen Ireland decides to leave Manchester City this summer he will leave Manchester City this summer.

So he doesn't have a contract?

Of course he has a contract

So he can't just leave when he feels like it, can he?

Jesus.

Technically, any club can keep any player for the length of their contract, even if they want to leave.

But clubs don't do that because it is not in a manager's interests to keep a player who doesn't want to be there. It disrupts the whole squad. Ask David Moyles.

We're really getting back to basics here.

You want basics?

His name is Moyes.
Original Dub

Postby Blunderer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Original Dub wrote:His name is Moyes.

I'm truly and deeply sorry about that.
Blunderer
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:26 pm

Haven't you read the whole thread?

I'm a fan of another club
I'm Ireland's stooge
I'm raising my own profile
I want to get rid of Mancini
I'm a long term WUM
I'm an agent
I'm a journalist

Delete as apppropriate or add your own.

oh ok thanks for the offer.. lets see

i am a dick that ran to a forum to spout an ill advised rant from the girlfriend of a City player cos he wasnt getting games and i fell for it hook line and sinker without thinking it through cos i creamed my pants at having something i considered to be ITK.

hows that?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Blunderer wrote:
Original Dub wrote:His name is Moyes.

I'm truly and deeply sorry about that.

Ah that's ok ol' buddy ol' pal, its just that you were ever so slightly patronising when you mentioned about "going back to basics", so I said I'd see how the shoe felt on the other foot....

Are you posting on both forums all day? You don't care about what people think and you don't want attention?

I think someone's telling more porkies than the big one we already know :)
Original Dub

Postby blootoof » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:37 pm

blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:57 pm

Stephen Ireland has warned his teammates that they must learn to embrace rest and rotation if the Blues are to become the best in England and beyond.
The 23-year-old midfielder has been in and out of the side this season and when he looks at the substitutes’ bench in some recent matches, he knows that there may yet be more of the same yet to come.

But the reigning player of the season, who today travels with the squad to face fellow top four hopefuls Tottenham, is up for the battle and is adamant that competition is the quickest route to success.

Rotation is here to stay at any successful club. It is going to happen and that’s the main difference between this season and last season.

...Stevie on rotation policy...

“It was fantastic to watch the lads beat Chelsea in our last home game,” he recalled. “I was gutted to not be involved. I celebrated with the lads, but I would have loved to have been part of beating them, but I picked up an injury and that game came around too quickly for me.

“Being in and out of the team is all part of the job. Of course I want to start every match but so do 20-odd other top class players at the club.

“Rotation is here to stay at any successful club. It is going to happen and that’s the main difference between this season and last season.

“It happens at Chelsea and all the other top teams and we seem to have the right blend at the moment and things are going really well for us; so if you’re in one week and out the next, you can’t really complain. It’s something you have to get used to.”

That doesn’t mean Ireland will be happy to be a substitute, far from it, he wants to make his selection as automatic as it possibly can be.

“I make sure I work my socks off and give everything each time I train or play. I always make sure that when the stats are checked mine are the highest in the team - or at least up there with the highest - and apart from a couple of injury set-backs they have been,” he continued.

“When I get back in the side I’m going to be doing everything I can to make sure I stay there as long possible and make it difficult for the gaffer to leave me out.

“That is how teams evolve and improve. Every team needs competitor to drive players to improve and we have loads of it now at City.

“Last season we had three central midfielders and it was easy enough for me to get into the team, but this year is different and that is a challenge for everyone in the squad, not just me.”

You could not beat the timing of this interview.

Now, crawl back under your rock mr blunderer, or make up a story about someone else.

Ciao ciao for now
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:58 pm

blootoof wrote:http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2009/December/Stephen-Ireland-happy-to-play-patience

That was 4 months ago mate , things change and so mindsets.
I think his body language says "Im pissed off not playing".
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
blootoof wrote:http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2009/December/Stephen-Ireland-happy-to-play-patience

You want your players to be pissed off they're not playing mate.

You don't want them telling fucking randomers from bluemoon that they are leaving to join Manchester United though... actually, hold on, that never happened either....
Original Dub

Postby Blunderer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:06 pm

Original Dub wrote:You could not beat the timing of this interview.

Now, crawl back under your rock mr blunderer, or make up a story about someone else.

Ciao ciao for now

Ooops.

Have a look when this was done. Look closely.

Three days before this one, as it goes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 407078.stm

I'm off back under my rock,trying hard not to smirk.
Blunderer
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:10 pm

Blunderer wrote:
Original Dub wrote:You could not beat the timing of this interview.

Ciao ciao for now

Ooops.

Have a look when this was done. Look closely.

Three days before this one, as it goes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 407078.stm

I'm off back under my rock,trying hard not to smirk.

Yep, four months ago. Timed just before the game that got Hughes sacked. Your point is?

As for that Robinho interview - Robinho came here for money and an escape route out of Real... big difference.

Why not tell us everything you know, or else just leave, because at the moment you're full of total shit and loving the attention.
Original Dub

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:12 pm

I've got no opinions on bluemoon whatsoever. I've only ever posted on here. Blunderer has copped for the usual ITK treatment on here. Harsh if he is justified, deserved if not. All the squabbling about which is the best forum is pointless though, its all about opinion. Stick to your guns Blunderer, and come back with a big I told you so if you're right, or a white flag if you're wrong.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:18 pm

GStar wrote:Fine, i'll stick up for Dave/Blunderer...

There are people on BM who know players/proffesionals/contacts within City personally. Thats not to be disputed. Although i didn't agree with his approach to replying to posters who didn't agree with him, i also saw the huge irony in people (like most on here) who couldn't pick him out of a line up, yet are mocking him and calling bullshit.

It also seems that because the info was started on BM, people on here will enjoy ripping it apart more... also kind of sad.

I did experienced both boards and then made my choice.
I think this is a board where people do exchange definite info when actually available, o/w simply debate and express opinions, even strongly and passionately, without feeling compelled to pretend anything or compete for a Pulitzer prize... just for the sake of passion for football and always aiming to the most mature idea for bringing success to City.
Here, You may find lovers of different styles of footy, estimators of different managers but You hardly will find only one who actually care his/her opinion/ego more than the Club success.
This is perhaps why You won't ever find thousands of scraps on here, but most likely hundreds of quality. And perhaps also why people may choose to join a very well advertised site and then, thoughtfully choose to move to a less flamboyant, more reliable one...

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Blunderer wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:Now one last time HOW, did the person you spoke to get this info.. DO YOU KNOW OR NOT?
if you failed to ask HOW, then just tell us so and we can all move on..

move along, nothing to see here..

Read this very carefully. This is the fourth time on this thead I have told you.

Amusingly, everyone else has got it.

the person I spoke to got the information because they are very close to Stephen Ireland.

I, for example, know that my wife is a little pissed off with her brother right now. I know my best mate is looking for a job and I know where he has interviews booked. My sister is going to sack her Sales Director tomorrow.

Now, is there any other way I can make it clearer?

So...............

1. How many Grandma's has your wife got?

2. Isn't that called tapping up if he hasn't got permission?

3. Why is your sister sacking your wife?

I'm dying with laughter, Man! I definitely never match that quality, neither in my native language.
I definitely love You (and Original Dub, tbh) whatsoever opinion about footy You both have now or will have in the future... LOL

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:10 pm

Personally, if Stevie is not happy with his position at our club (and only he will truly know), then he is free to seek alternative employment as long as the club agree. However, from reading the below article about a week ago, there didn't seem to be a problem, rather that Stevie's niggling injuries/dizziness were holding him back.

Though, if things have changed significantly as has been suggested, and Stevie has now put a request in, then what can you do? The only concern for me is that this kind of stuff posted on one of the biggest Blue websites circulates like wild-fire, and even if the information is not correct, his position with the club is seriosly undermined.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see eh!

----------------------------------------------------

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has told Stephen Ireland he is 'an important player' for the club.

Ireland has found himself on the fringes under the Italian boss, making only 15 league starts this season, and he is again likely to be on the bench tomorrow when City face Fulham at Craven Cottage.

Mancini has tended to go with defensive midfielders, leaving the 23-year-old clicking his heels.

Ireland's lack of action has perplexed some fans who believe he should be in the side given his ability to unlock defences and score goals.

Mancini said: 'I have a lot of respect for Stephen Ireland because he is a good player.

'In the week of the Chelsea game he had an injury. But now he has recovered and is ready to play.

'I have a number of options in midfield and Stephen is an important player for us.'
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:18 pm

Are you sure about that? Well no not exactly so please enighten me on how it can be good for City to stir things up like this?[/quote]

I'm not here to act as a PR man for Manchester City. Vicky Kloss and others get paid a good salaries to do that job. I'm a fan. If I like things, I'll say, if I don't, I'll say. And I don't want Stephen Ireland to leave this club.

Nothing is being "stirred". Just like your training threads, their will be no impact beyond the wierd, insular, deluded, angry world of the football forum.

See it for what it is ,a piece of information designed to inform fans of what's going on behind the scenes.[/quote]

So that's one that you can't/won't answer. Maybe in reality because you can't actually see how it could benefit City to stir things up.

as for " Nothing is being "stirred". " If that was true there would be no point in coming on here saying what you did. It is purely designed to stir things up. You say only on the forum between fans but you know only too well that not only do players read forums ( as Stephen Ireland has shown us) but also the press do avidly to make sure there is nothing they are missing. If they read something of interest they would be like a dog with a bone.

So we are left wondering why![/quote]

Haven't you read the whole thread?

I'm a fan of another club
I'm Ireland's stooge
I'm raising my own profile
I want to get rid of Mancini
I'm a long term WUM
I'm an agent
I'm a journalist

Delete as apppropriate or add your own.

Why do you post your training reports, by the way?[/quote]

lol so no answer to my question as expected. I have read much but probably not all of the thread but if you are suggesting the answer is in there somewhere please give me a little help and post it again. Then you throw in some complete nonsense that no doubt amused you and finally you change the subject with a question .

To the extent you see it as relevant the reason(s) I post training reports are:
1) It was suggested to me by a fan that I should and they would go down well
2) I did and they did and hopefully still do
3) I am lucky that I can go to training whenever I want and I quite like doing the reporting.
4) The feedback , especially from fans outside the UK ,is very encouraging
5) To put something onto a forum that is factual as there is so much that isn't
6) To put positive stuff out there about City. I am lucky enough to be able to go and even luckier that I have had chances to speak to staff there ( including management and players) so it stands to reason if I were to be a negative " reporter" of what I see or hear that it wouldnt go down well. Most there know that if they tell me something or I see something that is not for public airing that I wouldnt say anything.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blootoof » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:35 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

One day I'll get an exclusive, one fuckin day

p.s. I found that link on bluemoon
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby pepsi_dave » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:42 pm

Blunderer wrote:
pepsi_dave wrote:If you're bothered about credibility, why make a statement on a forum where you've made about 20 posts about how long you've been around for(you would only say this if you were trying to prove how credible you are, otherwise why make the statement), when by your own admission, when you're on a new forum you dont have any.

You're clutching at straws mate.

You need to reread the thread and focus on the real issues. Seeing as it seems to upset you, I pointed out I've been around a long time because someone said I was trying to "promote my name".

I don't need to.

I'm well known on Bluemoon and other City forums. There's someone posted twice on this thread who knows me from another forum many years ago who knows I'm not a bullshitter, once to tell you that exactly that.

Yet you still are trying to prove your worth!!!!! I dont get you pal, not been upset by your comments at all, not sure what gave you that impression... anywho, you and I appear to not get along, so I shall foe you so that I can't read any of your comments, and therefore cannot give you any reason to think that you may have upset me, and I wouldn't want you to have a guilty conscience of thinking that someone is upset because of you.

You keep feeling the need to try and prove your point to me despite the fact I have stated that I choose not to believe you..... and despite my last point you have once again tried to further try to prove your credibility to me when I really couldnt care all that much!

Perhaps we may cross paths on forums in the future..... who knows.

For now, goodbye, and good luck in whatever it is that you are trying to prove/do.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:22 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:lol so no answer to my question as expected. I have read much but probably not all of the thread but if you are suggesting the answer is in there somewhere please give me a little help and post it again. Then you throw in some complete nonsense that no doubt amused you and finally you change the subject with a question .

3) I am lucky that I can go to training whenever I want and I quite like doing the reporting.
6) To put positive stuff out there about City. I am lucky enough to be able to go and even luckier that I have had chances to speak to staff there ( including management and players) so it stands to reason if I were to be a negative " reporter" of what I see or hear that it wouldnt go down well. Most there know that if they tell me something or I see something that is not for public airing that I wouldnt say anything.

I couldn't understand why your 'Training Reports' came up mate, and seemed to be a way to belittle or discredit you in someway. Trust me mate when I say yours and NMT's training reports are great hits with the readers. My mate goes on BM regularly just to read the reports and I know that yours are posted up in his absence.

There is no need to explain yourself mate and if we had a vote of your reports against 99% of the threads, I am sure most would go for your 'Training Reports'.

I was willing to believe that there was some credence into what 'BeDeviller' (excuse the name, not quite sure what it was) had to say, however if an individual has to disrespect another to further the point, then that just smacks of our favourite word of late, 'Narcissistic'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:01 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:lol so no answer to my question as expected. I have read much but probably not all of the thread but if you are suggesting the answer is in there somewhere please give me a little help and post it again. Then you throw in some complete nonsense that no doubt amused you and finally you change the subject with a question .

I couldn't understand why your 'Training Reports' came up mate, and seemed to be a way to belittle or discredit you in someway. Trust me mate when I say yours and NMT's training reports are great hits with the readers. My mate goes on BM regularly just to read the reports and I know that yours are posted up in his absence.

There is no need to explain yourself mate and if we had a vote of your reports against 99% of the threads, I am sure most would go for your 'Training Reports'.

I was willing to believe that there was some credence into what 'BeDeviller' (excuse the name, not quite sure what it was) had to say, however if an individual has to disrespect another to further the point, then that just smacks of our favourite word of late, 'Narcissistic'.

Same to me.
Top posts Dough's from training ground.
Always interesting and aimed to make everybody feel closer to City and the Lads, particularly those who can't be close.
As per quality of reporting, it might hardly be better. Everybody who is a regular reader of this board can see and appreciate the difference of balance in Dough's posts when he is expressing his own opinion on the various threads or when he is reporting from the training ground: in the latter, You just receive a cool feedback, which is never influenced by his personal believe or preferences. This in turn is what is called a professional report.
So once again, thanks Doughlas for what You gift us from Your free time and ability.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:21 am

The silence is now deafening!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash