Ireland Departure?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ireland Departure?

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:09 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The silence is now deafening!

Reading his posts on there, he may love City but he loves himself more.

They have a little Ireland clique over there, always nudge nudge, wink winking & backing each other up. Either Ireland himself or one of his cronies feed them a load of crap every time he's in a bad mood & they post it adding all the usual "I can't tell you that" bollocks for any awkward questions. I noticed it because a very very similar 'inside info' thread was started by one of them when Hughes was in charge only for Ireland to do a huge piece in the newspapers about 2 days later saying how highly he regarded Hughes & how happy he was. Now we've got the mixed messages & mood swings about the current manager. Perhaps it is coming from his missus?

I think it's obvious to all of us that Ireland's current situation can't continue & the press have listed all those teams as suitors so imo that bloke's 'inside info' told us nothing & serves nobody but himself, he's just been fed the same shit stirring story as the journos (who he often defends incidentally).

If Ireland does leave though, he's just as likely to tell those lot he's staying... the day before he goes.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:11 am

seems like it wasnt just in Didsbury that the rumours were flying around..
anyways, good to see Mancini on the OS give an indication that SI could be intrumental in the run-in..

this would make sense to me, as we get more organised defensively there is more chance to now concentrate and work on how to get Stevie into the game when we play.. especially after the Everton game tonight, where we have a run of 4 games i think against the Wigans and Burnleys..etc. Would be a good time for Stevie to come in and make a difference. Deep down i think we all know what this team is capable of with an on form SI, and it still seems to be what is missing..

roll on

Stevie Ireland could be City's secret weapon in the battle for fourth place which hits a crucial phase in tonight's clash with Everton.

Blues boss Roberto Mancini has dismissed speculation that last season's Player of the Year is unhappy and set to leave the club in the summer, possibly for top four rivals Liverpool, Arsenal or even United.

And he stressed that the 23-year-old midfielder still has an important role to play in the remaining nine games of the Premier League season.

That came after rumours circulated in Manchester this week that Ireland has instructed his advisers to find him a route out of the club.

Mancini says he remains an important part of the squad, although injury and the system he has been playing have made it hard to find room for the Irishman.

"Stevie still has a future at City - he is a good player with good spirit and good technique, and in our last few games he could be an important player for us," said Mancini.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1201421_ireland_has_major_part_to_play_for_city
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:11 am

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... y_for_city

Stevie Ireland could be City's secret weapon in the battle for fourth place which hits a crucial phase in tonight's clash with Everton.

Blues boss Roberto Mancini has dismissed speculation that last season's Player of the Year is unhappy and set to leave the club in the summer, possibly for top four rivals Liverpool, Arsenal or even United.

And he stressed that the 23-year-old midfielder still has an important role to play in the remaining nine games of the Premier League season.

That came after rumours circulated in Manchester this week that Ireland has instructed his advisers to find him a route out of the club. Mancini says he remains an important part of the squad, although injury and the system he has been playing have made it hard to find room for the Irishman.

"Stevie still has a future at City - he is a good player with good spirit and good technique, and in our last few games he could be an important player for us," said Mancini.

"He was injured when we played Chelsea and at Fulham we played with two midfielders and four strikers, which makes it difficult, and I have to choose.

"When Stevie has played for me he has always done very well but I can only pick 11 players and the others have to go on the bench.

"It is difficult for the players but it is even harder for the manager to choose and send players to the bench."

City suffered another big injury blow yesterday when it was revealed that Joleon Lescott will be out for the next five weeks with a hamstring tendon problem.

The big defender pulled up in the warm-up at Fulham and was replaced by Javier Garrido, who is expected to continue as his deputy tonight.

"Joleon is a very important player, but we have other players who can do a good job in there," said Mancini. "It's unlucky to lose him at a crucial moment, but that is football. At Fulham Vincent Kompany and Kolo Toure did a good job at centre back.

"Whoever plays it is important that we defend as a team and that when we attack, we move very well."

The Blues are expected to be unchanged tonight, although a slight doubt remained over Roque Santa Cruz, who limped off at Craven Cottage on Sunday with tight calves.

The Blues are still without Martin Petrov (knee) and Wayne Bridge (hernia), while Emmanuel Adebayor completes his suspension.

He will be available again for Monday's home clash with Wigan, but Mancini pointed out that City have won two and drawn one of the three games he has missed so far due to his four-match ban for a red card in the FA Cup defeat at Stoke.

"We have done well without him," said the manager. "But I want him back against Wigan on Monday."

Well, there's the question answered by Bobby...on today's MEN site
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:18 am

I said in another thread that I think Ireland will get another chance & personally, if we did decide to change the team tonight & opted for 3 in midfield, I'd choose him rather than a defensive midfielder.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:33 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I said in another thread that I think Ireland will get another chance & personally, if we did decide to change the team tonight & opted for 3 in midfield, I'd choose him rather than a defensive midfielder.

I think most people would still like to see Stevie head up the midfield, the only concern is that if it didn't work as it hasn't once or twice under Bob, then we might struggle against Everton flooding the midfield again.

I rekon the debate comes down to Which of our mids is going to do the best job of getting through the initial midfield battle without losing shape. I could see Bob starting with PV and then looking to bring Stevie on after we get our noses in front. trouble is you look at Vieira and think he will not cope with Everton's initial energy and will get the run around.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby david yearsley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:56 am

Think you nailed him BBS with the "grandma" post - brilliant - I have a grudging admiration for the guy´s chicanery and he is articulate (thus my inference he could be a hack) but erudite he isn´t as many of his rebuffals on BM have descended into hyper sensitive profanities - I´m sure he has contacts but I remain unconvinced as to the validity of many of them. Entertaining thread though and he at least can claim to have led us a bit of a merry dance !
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:03 am

brite blu sky wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I said in another thread that I think Ireland will get another chance & personally, if we did decide to change the team tonight & opted for 3 in midfield, I'd choose him rather than a defensive midfielder.

I think most people would still like to see Stevie head up the midfield, the only concern is that if it didn't work as it hasn't once or twice under Bob, then we might struggle against Everton flooding the midfield again.

I rekon the debate comes down to Which of our mids is going to do the best job of getting through the initial midfield battle without losing shape. I could see Bob starting with PV and then looking to bring Stevie on after we get our noses in front. trouble is you look at Vieira and think he will not cope with Everton's initial energy and will get the run around.

Like you say; if we start with PV in the same team it could go wrong but It's possible that any system we try tonight could struggle. Even If he played 3 grafters in midfield we could easily have a stalemate there & lose to a couple of set pieces. Alternatively our attacking skill may destroy them if we play to our capabilities. Our biggest advantage over Everton imo is that our attacking players are better. We have to be looking to use that advantage in whatever formation we play, otherwise they have the advantage as they're better at winning scrappy, crappy, non football games than we are.

If we lose having gone for it I won't complain. The target will still be very possible so it's not a season ending defeat that we should be desperately afraid of. If we win though it puts us in a powerful position & could be a huge victory so I think we should go for the throat. That would get the crowd buzzing too rather than being cagey which will kill the atmosphere.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:25 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

Like you say; if we start with PV in the same team it could go wrong but It's possible that any system we try tonight could struggle. Even If he played 3 grafters in midfield we could easily have a stalemate there & lose to a couple of set pieces. Alternatively our attacking skill may destroy them if we play to our capabilities. Our biggest advantage over Everton imo is that our attacking players are better. We have to be looking to use that advantage in whatever formation we play, otherwise they have the advantage as they're better at winning scrappy, crappy, non football games than we are.

If we lose having gone for it I won't complain. The target will still be very possible so it's not a season ending defeat that we should be desperately afraid of. If we win though it puts us in a powerful position & could be a huge victory so I think we should go for the throat. That would get the crowd buzzing too rather than being cagey which will kill the atmosphere.

Have to agree with all that. And i think it is very true that if we go for it and yet still fall short tonight it wont effect us too much psychologically.. just dropped points. The win though would seriously boost us.

Mr Yearsley, i have to say it wasn't me with the brilliant how many grandmas jibe.. although i did try to concertedly cut it down to the bones and nail what he had actually done, that alone showed him up to be full of sh*t.
As suspected yesterday though the 'rumour' he peddled wasn't made up by him, he just propagated it with his clique of ITK mates of SI. Cant believe he has actually learn't anything from the episode though.. sadly
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:32 am

brite blu sky wrote:

That's why I keep saying I'd prefer to back the Ant London 4-4-2 and waiting for the next 3 games to make experiments.

Nonetheless, there are 2 additional means to see at the issue:

a) very positive: Mancio may have seen and talked signs which SI is getting into the role. If this is the case and SI can perform now what actually is the role of playmaker, it is irrespective how phisically strong and motivated Toffies are, they will be hammered badly! Simply because holding midfield the way PV & GB did at fulham plus having a talent like SI stepping at the carrier/dictating passes/running at spaces and, thus, broking playing space and assists for the 3 excellent players we have upfront, it's a mean of attack that Everton are not good enough to sustain! IF....

b) I did criticized Mancini very much after the Goodison clash because, imo, he was guilty to feel himself compelled to offer rubinho (the top costing signing) an additional chance, when he should had clearly faced the RSC casualty with another heawy-weight target man (benjani). Now, the 2nd mean to look at this hypotetical issue, is that he could feel compelled to answer to the needs of a player who is not a Johnny comes lately (either as technical asset and as a very important part of the fans soul).
However, even in this second worse scenario, I reckon there is a huge difference from what is City now and what was the day of Goodison clash.

So, in a nutshell, we all are nervous for a very important and quite tricky game, we are making some gossip to entertain us because we all can't wait.... but, at the end of the day:
City is stronger than Everton
City has better players
City has more experienced players
City is in a good spell of form
City has a manager who can switch from plan A to B
City is gonna play at CoMS

Let's keep faith and enjoy!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum