Run for Top 4 - The Way I See It

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Run for Top 4 - The Way I See It

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Chinners wrote:Still alot of twists and turns in this yet. Us and Spurs seem to be switching pole position every week ....

Tottenham have almost always had a game more than we have since 4th became a realistic prospect. Once we won our Matches then we were above them.

I think they're having a dip in form at the moment. It's about time because they've been consistent all season.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Slim » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:34 pm

btajim wrote:
Chinners wrote:Still alot of twists and turns in this yet. Us and Spurs seem to be switching pole position every week ....

Tottenham have almost always had a game more than we have since 4th became a realistic prospect. Once we won our Matches then we were above them.

I think they're having a dip in form at the moment. It's about time because they've been consistent all season.

5 straight wins broken by the loss on the weekend, it's a fucking losing streak. Rednapp OUT!
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Slim wrote:
btajim wrote:I think they're having a dip in form at the moment. It's about time because they've been consistent all season.

5 straight wins broken by the loss on the weekend, it's a fucking losing streak. Rednapp OUT!

Had Sunderland scored all their Penalties then Spurs would have shipped 5. The moment means now. I think Tottenham will slip out of it. 3-1 at Sunderland was an awful result and they've got a tough run in.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:45 pm

btajim wrote:
Slim wrote:
btajim wrote:I think they're having a dip in form at the moment. It's about time because they've been consistent all season.

Had Sunderland scored all their Penalties then Spurs would have shipped 5. The moment means now. I think Tottenham will slip out of it. 3-1 at Sunderland was an awful result and they've got a tough run in.

WTF are you on? If they scored all their penalties then 5 wins followed by a solitary loss is considered a dip in form? The filth must be devastated that their season is over after their five wins followed by a loss, you should pop around there and tell them Chelsea have already won the title because of it.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Slim wrote:WTF are you on? If they scored all their penalties then 5 wins followed by a solitary loss is considered a dip in form? The filth must be devastated that their season is over after their five wins followed by a loss, you should pop around there and tell them Chelsea have already won the title because of it.

How is potentially losing 5-1 at Sunderland not a terrible result? Especially giving away so many Penalties. Sunderland are having a bad season.

Have Chelsea not won the Title with that win? Not technically - but it's the fixture everyone was looking at.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Chinners » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:48 pm

MANCIO4EVER wrote:

If You look and compare next fixtures and when they are scheduled of both sides, You'll notice the switching won't take place any more. Do You really think Spuds shall overtake City in the next days?...

Cheers, Chinners.

Obviously hope not. For me their tough matches are irrelevant based on results in other games this season, never would of had us to win at Stamford bridge. Whilst I can't see them winning them all I think one, possible two matches could end up in victory thus keeping the excitement until very near, if not the end. Bottom line is if we win all our matches we've done it. Realistic line is we ain't going to win all of them ... sadly, so other results are vital
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:54 pm

btajim wrote:
Slim wrote:WTF are you on? If they scored all their penalties then 5 wins followed by a solitary loss is considered a dip in form? The filth must be devastated that their season is over after their five wins followed by a loss, you should pop around there and tell them Chelsea have already won the title because of it.

How is potentially losing 5-1 at Sunderland not a terrible result? Especially giving away so many Penalties. Sunderland are having a bad season.

Have Chelsea not won the Title with that win? Not technically - but it's the fixture everyone was looking at.

No. Chealsea haven't won the title with that win at all. there's plenty of football left to be played for both the title and 4th. You can't possibly think it will end the way the table sits now without a lot of drama to be had and how results have gone this season. The next month will be very entertaining...
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:01 pm

btajim wrote:

THEY DIDN'T LOSE 5-1.

Are you taking a course in advanced stupidity?

But yes, I would consider it a bad result (even at 3-1) but it hardly constitutes a dip in form does it? Of course THAT was your original point and you have rambled on so much to muddy the waters you think you actually have a point, you don't. Their actual dip in form happened over two months ago when they won 1 in 6, THAT is a dip in form.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:17 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
btajim wrote:Have Chelsea not won the Title with that win? Not technically - but it's the fixture everyone was looking at.

No. Chealsea haven't won the title with that win at all. there's plenty of football left to be played for both the title and 4th. You can't possibly think it will end the way the table sits now without a lot of drama to be had and how results have gone this season. The next month will be very entertaining...

If Man Ure v Chelsea wasn't the title decider in everything apart from actually confirming the title - then which Match will be? I haven't actually suggested that the table will finish in the same position as it is now. I just think that Saturday's result will be the one that mattered the most.

Man Ure have got to come here, yet. I can't see City rolling over for them.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Chinners wrote:
MANCIO4EVER wrote:

If You look and compare next fixtures and when they are scheduled of both sides, You'll notice the switching won't take place any more. Do You really think Spuds shall overtake City in the next days?...

Cheers, Chinners.

Obviously hope not. For me their tough matches are irrelevant based on results in other games this season, never would of had us to win at Stamford bridge. Whilst I can't see them winning them all I think one, possible two matches could end up in victory thus keeping the excitement until very near, if not the end. Bottom line is if we win all our matches we've done it. Realistic line is we ain't going to win all of them ... sadly, so other results are vital

You talk sense as usual.
I reckon they are pretty consistent (more than us versus lessers) and sparkling to watch.
But don't forget that statistic says City, not them, are the best of others versus top 3... so at least the comparison is going to be drawn. Chelsea in particular, had a huge confidence boost at OT and are possibly recovering A. Cole and Essien...

Moreover, my very solid believe is build on the fact that their style of play will enhance a sounding victory of Ours... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Grob » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:23 pm

Im with Niall, Villa are the biggest threat
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:31 pm

i cant see villa beating everton so easily.. and i would have the derby with Brum as almost a nailed on draw, they also have to come to us !

if villa are our biggest threat then it doesn't hold out much for the others imo

perhaps in reality they are all about as much of a threat as each other.. although i would go for spurs disappearing of that list fast
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:38 pm

brite blu sky wrote:i cant see villa beating everton so easily.. and i would have the derby with Brum as almost a nailed on draw, they also have to come to us !

if villa are our biggest threat then it doesn't hold out much for the others imo

perhaps in reality they are all about as much of a threat as each other.. although i would go for spurs disappearing of that list fast

I agree mate if the Spuds beat Pompey this weekend thats their season imo it will be FACup or nothing for them and imo Villa wont cut it in the race.That leaves Mr fucked up Benitez and his merry/or not band of mousers who after Sunday dont know what he is up to.4th is ours to throw away imo and for once i dont think we will.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:12 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Might sound controversial looking at the league table right now but I reckon it's between us and Villa.

ah, it's working right according to plan.

And the date is 6 Apr 2010.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:37 am

Chinners wrote:
MANCIO4EVER wrote:

Cheers, Chinners.

Dont quite agree Chinners. Spuds are flat track bullies, who rarely suffer a ´shock´ like when they lost at home to Stoke and someone, but against better times they almost always flop. I think the Sunderland game was a good comparison, as we were slammed for getting a draw just as Sunderland were coming into form on their camel-track pitch (which we should´ve won) whereas Spuds were fairly flattened, and only 2 missed pens and a mysteriously disallowed goal stopped it being 6.

Have them down to lose to Scum, Arse, Chelski AND us!

Liverpool will win all their games with the possible exception of Chelsea (they are good at raising their game) so we cannot slip up against the likes of Brum, Scum and Villa.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:47 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Might sound controversial looking at the league table right now but I reckon it's between us and Villa.

Yeah, so far so good.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:25 am

A win on Sunday means that, at long last, we would have the points in the bag & Spurs etc would be playing catch up rather than us being behind the top 4 with a game or two in hand under extra pressure to keep in touch like we have all season. It puts pressure on our rivals for a change.

Rightly or wrongly that will make Spurs feel like they have to beat Arsenal next week to stay in the race, a draw will feel like a defeat. Not easy to play Arsenal with that attitude, not with Spurs defence anyway. Only downside is that Arsenal could get fucking slaughtered by Barca tonight & be nervous wrecks by then.

Scousers could still win each game inc v Chelsea so we can't afford many slip ups even if Spurs do cock up. They were much better v Brum than we were & look good enough to win their games if we give them a sniff. Benitez is clearly going for the Europa lg but they're suddenly attacking with a lot more purpose now & could easily have won on Sunday. Psychologically we could do with them slipping up again before we drop any points. Then they'll be out.

Imo if we finish behind Villa we'll be 6th or 7th. Either Spurs, scouse or both will finish above them.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:37 am

Ted Hughes wrote:A win on Sunday means that, at long last, we would have the points in the bag & Spurs etc would be playing catch up rather than us being behind the top 4 with a game or two in hand under extra pressure to keep in touch like we have all season. It puts pressure on our rivals for a change.

Rightly or wrongly that will make Spurs feel like they have to beat Arsenal next week to stay in the race, a draw will feel like a defeat. Not easy to play Arsenal with that attitude, not with Spurs defence anyway. Only downside is that Arsenal could get fucking slaughtered by Barca tonight & be nervous wrecks by then.

Scousers could still win each game inc v Chelsea so we can't afford many slip ups even if Spurs do cock up. They were much better v Brum than we were & look good enough to win their games if we give them a sniff. Benitez is clearly going for the Europa lg but they're suddenly attacking with a lot more purpose now & could easily have won on Sunday. Psychologically we could do with them slipping up again before we drop any points. Then they'll be out.

Imo if we finish behind Villa we'll be 6th or 7th. Either Spurs, scouse or both will finish above them.

Good points - I know that it is an obvious thing to say - "...the next game is important....." - but a resounding win (of course any win) will plant in the minds of our rivals that the race is over - but on this occasion I do think that it is that important - of course any slip provides encouragement - lets just please not do 'typical CITY' and lets attack from the whistle please Bob
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:16 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

Yeah, so far so good.

Ha ha ha, can you predict Spurs, then Liverpool. Nostradamus had nothing on you ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:23 am

mcfc1632 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:A win on Sunday means that, at long last, we would have the points in the bag & Spurs etc would be playing catch up rather than us being behind the top 4 with a game or two in hand under extra pressure to keep in touch like we have all season. It puts pressure on our rivals for a change.

Good points - I know that it is an obvious thing to say - "...the next game is important....." - but a resounding win (of course any win) will plant in the minds of our rivals that the race is over - but on this occasion I do think that it is that important - of course any slip provides encouragement - lets just please not do 'typical CITY' and lets attack from the whistle please Bob

The biggest thing for me on Sunday will be the performance. It may sound strange but I believe the lads owe us one from the game at Brum. I was away on a weekend's golf session and caught the game in a little pub just outside Shrewsbury, it had to be the worse game I'd seen all season, in fact, since Hughes took over.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum