Run for Top 4 - The Way I See It

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Run for Top 4 - The Way I See It

Postby gillie » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:45 pm

That is impressive in the fact that we are the only team with a + goal difference against the so called big 4.The spuds will ship goals against the top 3 we however have to score against our on paper easier opponents.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Slim » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:34 am

The way I see it right now, Spurs and City have a tough run in and their success in the three tougher games will decide who finishes fourth, Liverpool have the easiest run in of anyone and the biggest thing against them at the moment is they are 4 points off the pace with a game less. Villa have a decent run in as well with only Everton and us to play out of the tougher sides and everything will depend on those two games for them. Everton I believe are out of the running, too far a distance to make up and while their run in is as easy as Liverpool's, 9 points in 6 games just isn't going to happen.

Right now I would say the favourites are Liverpool, but if either Spurs or City split the difference in their 3 tough games they be able to hold on. City's big advantage is we have spanked Arsenal twice already this season and that's our only tough away game and we have every chance of fucking up the filth's season with a home win as well as making us clear favourites for 4th.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:44 am

I think Liverpool are a little too far behind now. They need to win all their Matches and hope other results go their way. They might scrape 5th - but 4th is too much.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:31 am

btajim wrote:I think Liverpool are a little too far behind now. They need to win all their Matches and hope other results go their way. They might scrape 5th - but 4th is too much.

BUT:

Liverpool fixtures: Brum (A) Fulham (H) W Ham (H) Burnley (A) Chelski (H) and Hull (A)

Dont rule out a sneaky Rafa-style win at Brum, then full points against Fulham, W Ham and Burnley. By then they will be putting severe pressure on us so it's up to our boys to keep winning. I believe Spuds will fall apart against Arse, Chelski, Scum and City and Villa are shot.

The Dippers are the ones to watch.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby dazby » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:15 am

Brum are in top form, Wham are fighting for their lives as are Burnley. Chelsea are playing for the title and Hull may need a last day victory to stay up.

Not as simple as you'd e><pect.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby ruralblue » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:06 am

Just done the BBC predictor, and in all honesty I have not been biased, didn't really bother with the bottom end of the league just the run in for the top four. I get us in fourth with 70 points, scouse 5th and spuds 6th.

We need to make up that goal difference if this does go to the wire. Starting at Turf Moor and B'ham at home.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby mr_nool » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:34 am

ruralblue wrote:Just done the BBC predictor, and in all honesty I have not been biased, didn't really bother with the bottom end of the league just the run in for the top four. I get us in fourth with 70 points, scouse 5th and spuds 6th.

Well, that's that settled then. I'll bring the moët.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby btajim » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:52 pm

john@staustell wrote:BUT:

Liverpool fixtures: Brum (A) Fulham (H) W Ham (H) Burnley (A) Chelski (H) and Hull (A)

Dont rule out a sneaky Rafa-style win at Brum, then full points against Fulham, W Ham and Burnley. By then they will be putting severe pressure on us so it's up to our boys to keep winning. I believe Spuds will fall apart against Arse, Chelski, Scum and City and Villa are shot.

Liverpool require both City and Spurs to make a couple of significant slip ups before they win all their own Matches. Birmingham are good for a point against The Mickeys and they won't beat Chelsea. All 3 of West Ham, Burnley and Hull are fighting for their lives. That's not an easy run in.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:48 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Might sound controversial looking at the league table right now but I reckon it's between us and Villa.

Liverpool have two games more than us and Villa and one more than Tottingham and I can't believe that all three teams would slip. And anyone who has seen Liverpool this season know that they lack any sort of team spirit and mentality to consistently win games, so I simply can't see them making top 4.

Tottenham, this is where it get's interesting. They are two points ahead of us and five points ahead of Villa RIGHT NOW with both us and Villa having a game in hand. However, if you look at their fixture list, they have by far the hardest out of the three teams, them having to play EVERYONE in top 3 at this stage of the season and trip to ours which as far as away games go is as hard as any in league. They are also still in FA Cup with home replay against Fulham and most likely at least semi-final to still come. Knowing Harry, he will put more emphasis on FA Cup than league if he sees chance to win it again. Furthermore, they are without Defoe and while Crouch, Keane and Pavlychenko are all very decent strikers, none of them are prolific like Defoe has been this season. Most importantly, none of them stretch defences like Defoe does meaning the form of Lennon (When he gets back) is SURE to suffer. Also, Spurs defence is average at best and they have been dead lucky in lot of games this season I've seen. I can see them shifting fair few goals against top 3 and us.

That leaves us and Villa. We have upper hand right now being three points ahead of them. Then again they have by far easier remaining fixture list. BUT they are stil in FA Cup and I'm certain O'Neill will give that lot of emphasis. And they have recently started shifting goals. SO I think the REAL decider might very well be our home game against them in 1st of may.

ah, it's working right according to plan.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:28 am

btajim wrote:

Liverpool require both City and Spurs to make a couple of significant slip ups before they win all their own Matches. Birmingham are good for a point against The Mickeys and they won't beat Chelsea. All 3 of West Ham, Burnley and Hull are fighting for their lives. That's not an easy run in.

Hmm :)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:47 am

john@staustell wrote:
btajim wrote:

City are 4 points clear of Liverpool with a game in hand.

Are they still the ones to watch?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:27 am

btajim wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
btajim wrote:

I still think so.
Can't see them getting more than a point against Chelsea but I'd be surpisedif they didn't take three points from all their other games, probably meaning that they will still be mathematically involved for some time yet. Their problem is that they cannot afford one slip up in their 'banker' games. I suspect they will end up on 66 or 68 points. That is probably the target for us.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Crossie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:55 am

I just did the predictor with a pessimistic mind, and had us 4th with 67 points, spuds with 66, scouse 65.

That had us losing to scum and arse, beating villa, brum, drawing spuds and westham.

2 wins 2 draws 2 losses, 8 points more. Its really not much to ask and goes pretty much in line with our recent form. If we get anything from scum or arse, 4th should be ours.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:57 am

MANCIO4EVER wrote:I do agree with You, as I've said Villa has the easiest run but are even the weakest, while Spuds are in front of a mountain (including US) that is just impossible to climb for them. I have only a little concern about how the increasing implosion of Chelskji might affect the run.

I do still continue to write and say - I am scared of Liverpool - for exorcism sake, because I am very respectfull of their power (mascherano, gerrard twice...) and seniority. But You are actually and definitely right. They just need to slip on a draw once more and they will be officially out.

Once again (as usual when he doesn't allow few WUMs to drive his temper out) acknoledgment of NQDP is overdue.

After they slipped over Brum my worries about their power and seniority are officially over. No way they will grab points against a Chelsea just a step behind the title: it means best possible 67pts. for them, just not enough.

I am cool when I make assessments, so I am looking at a prudential scenario for City nexts and the best possible for rivals.

Let's credit Spurs with 5 pts. over the next versus top 3s (that I hardly believe it will happen), then full 6pts. against Bolton & Burnley: it makes 69. As already said, I do strongly believe that Tottenham style of play is simply the best way to enhance the current City features for counter-attack and that is double true considering Roberto's skill at wise tactics. Imo, Harry should need to find out where Asgard is hidden and appoint either Odin and Mighty Thor as advisors, in order to come to CoMS a get points (if major enjuries/weird bans won't occur)... :-)

In order to be prudential I'd credit City with 5 pts. over next 3 (but I do expect more as per feelings and logic), then a draw and a win out of Villa&Spuds home, finally 3 pts. vs. Hammers (sorry GZ and Walmai). It makes, prudentially, 71 pts.

So, as per OP, is about US and Villans. I frankly don't have a feeling of a great stability about the Villans run in and I won't be able to bet serious money on any of their next fixtures. However, I do consider very hard to see them over the 70 mark by the end.

[I pay much respect for all past pains that is behind the s.c. typical City, so I do apologize with all the life long City fans who might feel my believing as an "inappropriate challenge against fate", but if You look at the accuracy and focus our great players executed the game plan versus Burnley... typical City is probably already over... :-) ]

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby john@staustell » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:24 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
btajim wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
btajim wrote:

I still think so.
Can't see them getting more than a point against Chelsea but I'd be surpisedif they didn't take three points from all their other games, probably meaning that they will still be mathematically involved for some time yet. Their problem is that they cannot afford one slip up in their 'banker' games. I suspect they will end up on 66 or 68 points. That is probably the target for us.

Yep - I agree with Piccs and Crossie - Liverpool may very likely only drop points in the Chelsea game now. It´s in our hands, but if we falter they will sneak in by that underhand, slimy scouse way. Spuds and Villa will drop off.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:09 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I still think so.

Liverpool have been dodgy all season. By their standards, obviously. They won't trouble us for 4th. We're too far ahead and are playing with confidence.

Have you already forgotten that we scored 6 in an Away Match on Saturday?!
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Chinners » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:29 pm

Still alot of twists and turns in this yet. Us and Spurs seem to be switching pole position every week ....
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:40 pm

i just dont see any evidence that Scouce 1 are going to pull it together. I know that traditionally you would never right them off, but that is only history talking.. they continue to struggle in every game it seems to me and continue to be aided and abetted by their manager. in all honesty i can see them imploding more than exploding into a run of wins.
Chelsea will put an an unremovable nail in their coffin and that will be the end of.

Spurs we just have to see how they deal with the big 3 games.. but they have got to be seriously worried about their prospects.

City need to get a mindset that we are chasing 3rd and try our level best to get on a run.. we should be confident as all the evidence is pointing to us getting our shit together.. perhaps for the first time this season, now if that isnt good timing i dont know what is..
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:41 pm

lets score a few goals on Sunday against Birmingham, that will put a lot of pressure on spurs to get points against arsenal[ which i cant see ] and i also think that fulham could get a point against Liverpool, so that will gives us a massive advantage in the next few games.keep the faith lads
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:46 pm

Chinners wrote:Still alot of twists and turns in this yet. Us and Spurs seem to be switching pole position every week ....

If You look and compare next fixtures and when they are scheduled of both sides, You'll notice the switching won't take place any more. Do You really think Spuds shall overtake City in the next days?...

Cheers, Chinners.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum