Run for Top 4 - The Way I See It

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Run for Top 4 - The Way I See It

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Well there goes my plan out of the window.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Socrates » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:43 pm

My plan for the last 4 games said Chelsea 0 pts Sunderland 3 points, Fulham 1 point, Everton 3 points = 7 points

So job done! Just not the 7 points I expected...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Original Dub » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:48 pm

Socrates wrote:My plan for the last 4 games said Chelsea 0 pts Sunderland 3 points, Fulham 1 point, Everton 3 points = 7 points

I said a similar thing and please God it continues like that, but its hard to fathom that it will.

We need to become a force again at home. A place where teams are really scared to come and I don't even think Bolton were scared of us... that was our last victory at home... on 9th Feb and we were lucky that day!
Original Dub

Postby zuricity » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:12 pm

Socrates wrote:My plan for the last 4 games said Chelsea 0 pts Sunderland 3 points, Fulham 1 point, Everton 3 points = 7 points

Mmmmh ! strangely enough I thought we might only get six points. Chelsea 1, Sunderland 1, Everton 3 and Fulham 1, mainly because they were away games.

I think the next three games certainly are 'winnable' for City. If only because wigan are so unreliable, Burnley really are bad and probably will know this weekend if it's Caio or not and against brum Joe Hart can't play. So going into the Derby match ( which I'm attending , Yeah !!! ) , we could be on a mini roll, or as over here -- it might be called a swiss roll.......

So even though we were well and truly mugged last night , I am very optimistic about getting fourth place.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby gillie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:24 pm

The way i see it is this what other team can realistically take 21pts from their remaining game in a word none.

Dippers would have to win all their game imo ain't gonna happen.
Spuds not a fucking earthly they will be lucky to get 12pts imo.
Villa they draw too many games so they have imo no chance.
City are the only team imvho that can win 7 games and whats more i think we will.

So 4th place will be ours and Champs league here we come YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby gillie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:12 pm

Ok here goes mods can we make this sticky as i will do a Lewis and post updates on the run for fourth.

Table as it stands.
pos team pld pts
4th Spuds 31 58
5th City 31 56
6th Scouse 32 54
7th Villa 31 51

Next games.

City v Burnley (a)
Sunderland v Spuds
Bolton v Villa
Birmingham v Souse
Last edited by gillie on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Grob » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:13 pm

john68 wrote:I have never known a time when so many City fans gave up so easily. I would hate to lead some of you pussies into battle.

Id rather lead the so called pussies into war from this message board than the actual pussies who bottled it last night.

They'd better smash wigan to make me love them again
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby giokingkladze » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:28 pm

So, 5 points behind Spurs after their win today. A win on Monday is imperative.

After a recent game of 'easy' games, Spurs' fixtures now get more difficult:

Saturday, 3 April 2010
Barclays Premier League
Sunderland v Tottenham, 15:00
Sunday, 11 April 2010
The FA Cup
Tottenham v Portsmouth, SF, 16:00
Wednesday, 14 April 2010
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Arsenal, 20:00
Saturday, 17 April 2010
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Chelsea, 17:30
Saturday, 24 April 2010
Barclays Premier League
Man Utd v Tottenham, 12:45
Saturday, 1 May 2010
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Bolton, 15:00

I'm confident that come our fixture on Wednesday 5th May, we'll be sat in fourth and it will be a case of needing to win to secure Champs League next year
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby btajim » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:34 pm

So does anyone still believe that Villa are going to push us all the way for 4th? Their pride has taken a beating today and so has their +/-. And Tottenham ground out yet another result.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:11 pm

This is SO interesting.. And not just because City is still right in the mix here.
Spurs heavily in the driving seat now being clear with 5 points. Yeah after our game in hand it MAY be 2 but the fact is that they're 5 points clear
But can they get points from the big boys in next three games? Do they have to or will others fail against their opponents at the same time?
Now is the time for others to challenge Spurs or they will be 4th.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:18 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Villa and their manager are the biggest bunch of bottlers the premiership has. They'll continue to mess up and end the season poorly....

Just thought I'd be smug and quote my post about Villa. ;-)
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Top four the way I see it:

If we go at them ALL guns fucking blazing, I think we'll do it.

So there.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Now that we can all safely say that Villa are out of it, it looks like a very interesting month of April:

Spuds: Could find themselves with 0 points from those 4.

Sat 3rd Sunderland vs Tottenham
Wed 14th Tottenham vs Arsenal
Sat 17th Tottenham vs Chelsea
Sat 24th Man Utd vs Tottenham

City: May find ourselves in the driving seat going into the last few games.

Mon 29th Man City vs Wigan
Sat 3rd Burnley vs Man City
Sun 11thCity vs Birmingham
Sat 17th Man City vs Man Utd
Sat 24th Arsenal vs Man City

Bindippers: The easiest of the lot but I still feel that they need to win every game to be in with a shout.

Sun 28th Liverpool vs Sunderland
Sun 4th Birmingham vs Liverpool
Sun 11th Liverpool vs Fulham
Mon 19th Liverpool vs West Ham
Sat 24th Burnley vs Liverpool
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Well, i really think that Spurs have four games that they can loose. It wouldn't take much for things to look very different, we are still pushing them and we haven't been at the race's just lately. I still believe that we can do this and if we realy push it we may only need a draw when we play them at our's.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Now that we can all safely say that Villa are out of it

I don't get it why everyone are ruling Villa out of it. And why Pool are ruled out of it.

Villa play next Bolton, Chelsea (H), Everton (H), Pompey, Hull, Brum (H), us and Bburn (H). Their schedule is by far easier than ours or Spurs' imo.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby btajim » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:I don't get it why everyone are ruling Villa out of it. And why Pool are ruled out of it.[/size]

Villa play next Bolton, Chelsea (H), Everton (H), Pompey, Hull, Brum (H), us and Bburn (H). Their schedule is by far easier than ours or Spurs' imo.

Villa's form is getting patchy. I think they're tiring. And since when is Chelsea, Everton and Birmingham easy? Hull are also fighting relegation.

Liverpool need both Spurs and ourselves to drop a few points in order to have a shot themselves. They also need to win their Matches.

It's definitely between Tottenham and us.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:07 pm

btajim wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:I don't get it why everyone are ruling Villa out of it. And why Pool are ruled out of it.[/size]

Villa's form is getting patchy. I think they're tiring. And since when is Chelsea, Everton and Birmingham easy? Hull are also fighting relegation.

Liverpool need both Spurs and ourselves to drop a few points in order to have a shot themselves. They also need to win their Matches.

It's definitely between Tottenham and us.

Of course Chelsea, Brum and Everton aren't easy but no reason why Villa couldn't win those. And same goes to every single of their matches.

Thing is I agree with you and I don't think they'll make it either. But to rule out anyone at this point imo is silly.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby btajim » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:Of course Chelsea, Brum and Everton aren't easy but no reason why Villa couldn't win those. And same goes to every single of their matches.

Thing is I agree with you and I don't think they'll make it either. But to rule out anyone at this point imo is silly.

Villa couldn't beat Wolves or Sunderland recently. And Birmingham is the Derby which often means form doesn't count. Villa's heavy defeat to Chelsea has also harmed their Goal difference.

I'm not ruling anyone out - just saying it's very likely that Tottenham or us will finish 4th.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:15 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Now that we can all safely say that Villa are out of it

I don't get it why everyone are ruling Villa out of it. And why Pool are ruled out of it.

That was my opinion mate, but I'll restate why. Villa seem to do this every season, reach the March period then seem to fall apart. I don't know if it is do with their training regime but half their players look out on their feet. They are currently 7 points (2 wins and a draw) behind Spuds whic is a tough ask when you've only got 7 games to play. And how can you say that they have the easiest run-in with games like Chelsea, Everton, us and a local Derby to contend with.

I think the Dippers have by far the easiest run-in with only Chelsea being in the Top 7. However, they still have the Europa to play for and for me, also catching those 7 points up is going to be a big ask starting tomorrow with a resurgent Sunderland team followed by an equally difficult away fixture at Brum - although it will depend it Ngog falls over the 18 yard line to get a well deserved penalty.

To be truthful, I believe Spurs will get something from their home games, similar to us, and it will go down to the last 2 games. Spurs are definately the favourites and it is theirs to lose, and if they do come away with points from the games mentioned, then they will have deserved the position.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bluez » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:23 pm

It pretty much is between Spurs and us now. When you look at goal difference Liverpool or Villa would pretty much have to win all their remaining games and hope Spurs lose 3, I can't see either Villa or teh Dippers winning all their remaining games and to be honest I don't see Spurs losing 3 either.

For us the loss against Everton was a bit demoralising, but it was pretty eqivalent to a draw when you look at the points, draw or loss we would still need to win one more game that Spurs.

I cannot see us winning all our last 7 games, so we just have to hope Spurs lose more than we do.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum