Run for Top 4 - The Way I See It

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Run for Top 4 - The Way I See It

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:29 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:A win on Sunday means that, at long last, we would have the points in the bag & Spurs etc would be playing catch up rather than us being behind the top 4 with a game or two in hand under extra pressure to keep in touch like we have all season. It puts pressure on our rivals for a change.

Rightly or wrongly that will make Spurs feel like they have to beat Arsenal next week to stay in the race, a draw will feel like a defeat. Not easy to play Arsenal with that attitude, not with Spurs defence anyway. Only downside is that Arsenal could get fucking slaughtered by Barca tonight & be nervous wrecks by then.

Scousers could still win each game inc v Chelsea so we can't afford many slip ups even if Spurs do cock up. They were much better v Brum than we were & look good enough to win their games if we give them a sniff. Benitez is clearly going for the Europa lg but they're suddenly attacking with a lot more purpose now & could easily have won on Sunday. Psychologically we could do with them slipping up again before we drop any points. Then they'll be out.

Imo if we finish behind Villa we'll be 6th or 7th. Either Spurs, scouse or both will finish above them.

Good points - I know that it is an obvious thing to say - "...the next game is important....." - but a resounding win (of course any win) will plant in the minds of our rivals that the race is over - but on this occasion I do think that it is that important - of course any slip provides encouragement - lets just please not do 'typical CITY' and lets attack from the whistle please Bob

The biggest thing for me on Sunday will be the performance. It may sound strange but I believe the lads owe us one from the game at Brum. I was away on a weekend's golf session and caught the game in a little pub just outside Shrewsbury, it had to be the worse game I'd seen all season, in fact, since Hughes took over.

I wish that I had been in a pub - unfortunately I was at the ground - shit ground - and it was fucking awful!!!!!

Mind you I would question if it was the worst game - I had the delight of flying back from holiday in December to take in Bolton and Tottenham away and - I would put both of them 'ahead' - if that is the right word!! - fuck me I said to my mate at Bolton - it could not get worse - then White Hart fucking freezing Lane!!!!
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:41 am

mcfc1632 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:A win on Sunday means that, at long last, we would have the points in the bag & Spurs etc would be playing catch up rather than us being behind the top 4 with a game or two in hand under extra pressure to keep in touch like we have all season. It puts pressure on our rivals for a change.

Rightly or wrongly that will make Spurs feel like they have to beat Arsenal next week to stay in the race, a draw will feel like a defeat. Not easy to play Arsenal with that attitude, not with Spurs defence anyway. Only downside is that Arsenal could get fucking slaughtered by Barca tonight & be nervous wrecks by then.

Scousers could still win each game inc v Chelsea so we can't afford many slip ups even if Spurs do cock up. They were much better v Brum than we were & look good enough to win their games if we give them a sniff. Benitez is clearly going for the Europa lg but they're suddenly attacking with a lot more purpose now & could easily have won on Sunday. Psychologically we could do with them slipping up again before we drop any points. Then they'll be out.

Imo if we finish behind Villa we'll be 6th or 7th. Either Spurs, scouse or both will finish above them.

Good points - I know that it is an obvious thing to say - "...the next game is important....." - but a resounding win (of course any win) will plant in the minds of our rivals that the race is over - but on this occasion I do think that it is that important - of course any slip provides encouragement - lets just please not do 'typical CITY' and lets attack from the whistle please Bob

The biggest thing for me on Sunday will be the performance. It may sound strange but I believe the lads owe us one from the game at Brum. I was away on a weekend's golf session and caught the game in a little pub just outside Shrewsbury, it had to be the worse game I'd seen all season, in fact, since Hughes took over.

I wish that I had been in a pub - unfortunately I was at the ground - shit ground - and it was fucking awful!!!!!

Mind you I would question if it was the worst game - I had the delight of flying back from holiday in December to take in Bolton and Tottenham away and - I would put both of them 'ahead' - if that is the right word!! - fuck me I said to my mate at Bolton - it could not get worse - then White Hart fucking freezing Lane!!!!

I don't know mate. The Brum game was the first time I'd seen us looking as if we couldn't string a pass together, never mind score. It was also during that run of draws where we at least looked liked scoring and I was expecting big things off the back of a nice cup victory. We only got a point because they couldn't take a decent penalty.

The Spuds game was dire because of the score but to be truthful, I wasn't expecting anything from their anyway. The Bolton game however was a classic end-to-end game that did actually entertain me, which was more than I could say about Bolton's Hospitality system. No-one knew how it was going to end.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby BlueJohnBlue » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:53 am

Prediction update:

City - win 3 - Draw 1 - lose 2 – 10 points – Season total = 69
Spurs - win 3 - Draw 1 - lose 2 – 10 points – Season total = 68
Liverpool - win 4 - lose 1 – 12 points – Season total = 67
Villa - win 3 - Draw 2 - lose 1 – 11 points – Season total = 65
[flash=]One City and it’s my City[/flash]
BlueJohnBlue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:58 am

BlueJohnBlue wrote:Prediction update:

City - win 3 - Draw 1 - lose 2 – 10 points – Season total = 69
Spurs - win 3 - Draw 1 - lose 2 – 10 points – Season total = 68
Liverpool - win 4 - lose 1 – 12 points – Season total = 67
Villa - win 3 - Draw 2 - lose 1 – 11 points – Season total = 65

This is about the best scenario Ive seen which is more probable.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum