2010/11 Seasoncards [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 2010/11 Seasoncards [merged]

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:52 am

craigmcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Now, by reading that, they are saying that me and my 2 lads (who sing their hearts out throughout the game) have to move from our current seats into the North Stand or pay premium prices to stay in our seats or move to the SS. Is this correct, because if it is I'm looking at the best part of £1500 just for tickets because theirs no way I'm sitting in the NS?

Are you in Level 1 of the Colin Bell stand Beefy? If you are and you're in 121 then it'd be £475 for you and 2 x £140 for your lads, assuming they're still under 16? So that'd be £755 all in

No mate, I'm in 323 at the moment. However, those prices look a little better, where'd you get them from, are they on the OS now?

And, would it be the same if we moved back to the SS?

Cheers in advance.

Assuming again that your lads are Under 16 then to stay in 323 it'd cost you £475 plus 2 x £140 for your lads, so £755 all in again. If you moved to the South Stand, Level 1 would cost you all £685 and Level 2 would be £700 all in

Hope that helps and yes there's a fair few pages on the OS about the changes

Cheers mate, on OS now.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:54 am

Manx Blue wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
ronk wrote:Family stand is a really interesting idea too. Could be awkward in some respects in that the rest of the ground might sell out while the family section has plenty of space, but I'm sure they've done their maths. It will be interesting the effect it has on the atmosphere. [highlight]One thing I'm not entirely clear on is how some family units will fare. i.e. over 16s to college age adults who want to watch games with family when there are also younger kids[/highlight]and also grandpa going to matches as a group.

That's the one thing that's been on my mind today as my lad is 12 and I'm thinking of also taking my girlfriend and her lad the season after next, but there's gonna come a point where we've got 2 adults, my lad will be over 16 and the other only 12/13. From the sounds of it we'll be up shit creek and have to pay double price for the kids elsewhere in the ground

I've just had a look at the costs....Colin Bell and East stand Levels 1 & 3 are £140 for Under 16's, as are SS 1&2.

So an Increase of £45.00 I think....around 50%

Still not great but I guess I'll worry about it in 3 years time !
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:05 pm

Dear Mr Cook,

If I've read the many pages on the OS correctly, my choices are:

- Move from north stand 1 to a more expensive seat, probably on the top tier of the sides, where the game will look like Sensible Soccer and will take me about an hour to get my elderly mum all the way to the top
- Stay where we are and get a season ticket for my 8 year old and then accept that she'll miss half the matches due to them being in an evening or where they clash with things she'd rather do instead, which means we'll keep needing to relocate - to the more expensive seats.
- Pocket several hundred quid for the cost of tickets and parking and watch games illegally via the internet instead

Well done Mr Cook, you are a marketing genius. This also means I don't need to bother buying a shirt, as I only wear them at the game, so there's another saving.

They better win something next season to attract the plastic fans from Malaysia/Ireland/Kent or that ground is going to be empty pretty quickly. I've had a season ticket since 95/96 and have seen umpteen relegations and some periods of very dire football. We're possibly about to embark on one of the greatest periods in the clubs history and I'll be watching a grainy picture of it in a corner of my pc screen. Apart from I won't, cos I'll get bored of doing that, so I'll stop watching altogether, which means that my kids won't get into football and I suspect I won't be the only one.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Anyone give me a summary of this thread? I may well be able to get a season ticket for next season but won't know for a few months and it would need to be in a decent block. Im 21 so in my last year of decent prices.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Looking at this page, [urlnp=http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Seasoncard-2010-2011/2010/April/When-to-buy-a-Man-City-Season-ticket]WHEN TO BUY[/urlnp], it looks like if you want to relocate, you have to request it at the time they go on sale in the relocated stand rather than requesting it and waiting out.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:57 pm

Anyone know how much an Adult in 3rd Tier of East Stand is this season? Can't find it anywhere on the main site and it's pissing me the fuck off now!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Scatman » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:03 pm

MaseCTID wrote:Anyone know how much an Adult in 3rd Tier of East Stand is this season? Can't find it anywhere on the main site and it's pissing me the fuck off now!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Seasoncard-2 ... and-prices
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:07 pm

Scatman wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:Anyone know how much an Adult in 3rd Tier of East Stand is this season? Can't find it anywhere on the main site and it's pissing me the fuck off now!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Seasoncard-2 ... and-prices

Nice one mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:26 pm

This season, mine in the CB cost me approx £470 in advance, but was supposed be £570. Unless you are talking this season coming?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

This season, mine in the CB cost me approx £470 in advance, but was supposed be £570. Unless you are talking this season coming?

I meant this season coming up. Sorry I'm still half asleep here mate :p
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:58 pm

I think the north stand situation is actually quite a good idea, aside from the fact that some people in tier 1 will be pissed off understandably.

As craig has already asked, what happens when the kids hit 16/18......well the long term solution is probably quite cute.

Every years or so, you will maybe have 1000 people who are displaced from that stand. When they are displaced, I would expect the club will offer alternative seats in the ground at a similar price to what the adults paid in the North. Eventually, that 1000 a year, as it is replaced in the North Stand means that the attendance goes up organically, and that there is always an inflow and outflow from the stand, ensuring there are always going to be a limited number of attractively pricednew season tickets available for families.

After only a short time, there is then automatically a genuine reason to expand the ground.

On the subject of cup games, I would suspect the club would be likely to fill that area with heavily discounted matchday deals to attract the younger fans, hence creating a healthy demand for the season tickets in that area as they become available.

Its gonna piss people off short term, but it makes a lot of sense commercially
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby bluegray » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:17 pm

I see they have change the pricing of the disable tickets quite a lot, I'm faced with an increase of £104 or just under 50% for my seat. Very disappointed with this.
bluegray
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: manchester city

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:32 pm

bluegray wrote:I see they have change the pricing of the disable tickets quite a lot, I'm faced with an increase of £104 or just under 50% for my seat. Very disappointed with this.

Not commenting on your situation here, but ,if someone is wheelchair bound / severe mobility problems, very partially sighted/deaf or handicapped fair enough - they shouldnt be disadvantaged.

A lot of people have taken the piss with this scheme, as is the case with the several people I know who use the scheme and openly boast about it, then I have no sympathy for any increase in costs, they shouldnt have had a disabled ticket/carer in the first place.

I was going to apply for the scheme this time round, as I have severe mobility problems and spend several months a year on crutches, but to say I need a carer, and they get their ticket for free - pah, fucking nanny state gone mad. But I will apply because its a cheaper way for me and my mate to watch the match. I'd still be happy to pay full whack for my ticket though if I dont get it.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby eastlandsblue » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:48 pm

After stewing over this for the past 2 hours, I decided to phone to ticket office to clerify that I will be paying an additional £65 for me seat if I renew on the dates stated on the OS, they said yes, and it would be 10% more after those dates. Im more pissed off with the idea of possibly having to give up my seat for a prawn sandwich muncher, than the increase.

its a no win situation for most fans imo, and Cook for the 1st time this season as manage to piss me off.

Thanks Joey
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:51 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:
Thanks Joey

If only Joey was here he would have twated Cook and the rest of um by now!Bring back Joseph!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby eastlandsblue » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:30 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:
Thanks Joey

If only Joey was here he would have twated Cook and the rest of um by now!Bring back Joseph!!

he'd be in a long queue
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:44 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:
Thanks Joey

he'd be in a long queue

But Joey would twat everyone in the queue until he's first.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:16 pm

Interesting, allegedly ;-)

Manchester City has announced an average five per cent increase in ticket prices for next season.

But the Blues will also introduce a new Valuecard - for fans wanting "no frills" football - which will be the second cheapest deal in the Premier League.

Other fans will face higher prices but a City spokeswoman says the increase is offset by the fact that prices were cut on average by seven per cent last season, and will be linked to improved services and a better matchday experience.

Garry Cook, made himself available for comment this afternoon and had the following to say; “We are pigeon-holing fans into target markets more swiftly and ruthlessly than any other sports team in the world.”

“Fans will get an unparalleled matchday experience from next season. The North Stand, soon to be rebranded the Nickelodeon Stand will be perfect for the target market we are trying to attract, that is to say people who aren’t actually that interested in football on the pitch.

“We’ll be modeling this stand on the successful Wacky Warehouse idea. We’ll even allow the kids to log flume down the aisles up to the goalposts and monkeybar across to the other side.”

In a move which will outrage female fans Cook went into further detail on the new segregation of fan classes. “From 2011 season onwards all “mumsy” female fans will have to sit in the family stand. Only size 6-10 female fans wearing hotpants and tight shirts will be allowed to sit anywhere else.”

Explaining the premium service on offer to fans Cook said he’s modeled this approach on Roman elitist philosophy. “We need all our most valuable supporters away from the riff raff so we declared Level 2 the elitist area."

"From here a new bread of City fan will be able to look down and sneer at Level 1 whilst pelting them from above with branded matchday rubber rocks. It will add to the banter”

Questioning whether fans would react angrily to this move Cook dismissed this out of hand; “All the trouble-makers are in 111-110 and South Stand. So we’ve increased the beer supply and sacked the eastern european and asian sales assistants."

"Instead beer will be served by American Cheerleaders dressed in City attire. Multiserve pumps will get this lot so pissed they won’t care they are being sneered at from above.”

When pushed for an answer about families being split up if there is more than two adults to one child Cook simply responded saying;

“Well that survey we sent out last month was completely fixed and everything we asked in it was already going to happen and we can’t really be arsed listening to fans, we just pretend to so we can fleece them for more money and call it a matchday experience."
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby btajim » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:36 pm

£420 for South Stand Level 2. Just over £22 a Match. If I can squeeze in there next season then I'll be happy enough.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby ashton287 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:59 pm

what was wrong with the normal system, seems like they've tried too hard and made a huge cock up for no reason
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum