2010/11 Seasoncards [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 2010/11 Seasoncards [merged]

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:29 pm

johnpb78 wrote:I suppose if you always renewed early, you wouldnt see the difference that I did that one year I couldnt afford to.

It's a mix of things with me. I've bought, renewed at the same price, left it, bought a new one etc.

It'll be interesting to see what the Renewal / New Purchase figures are next season in terms of how we finish.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Re: 2010/11 Seasoncards [merged]

Postby trueblue gio » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:59 am

First time post anywhere but this new price structure is killing me and the club are now forcing me out. I can't sit where I want and a price increase beyond anything sensible. I Sent below email to Garry Cook got some flunky on the phone to reply to me who basically said ....tough......the North Stand has been shafted.

As a eleven year season ticket holder I find it amazing to be treated in the way you are proposing, with the announced new season tickets.
I have held the same seat with my father and sister from the Platt Lane stand at Maine Road to the North Stand at COMS.
I am now being told that I am no longer entitled to keep this seat as it is being used for a new family stand.
If I choose to move to an equivalent area in the South Stand I face a 9.75% increase in the price of the ticket (not the advertised headline 5%).
The South Stand is not an acceptable relocation for myself as my father would find it difficult to stand for the length of the match, as is the want of the fans in this stand.
This then leaves the next cheapest options being the East Stand meaning a 39.57%, 35.50%, 28.73% increase on last years ticket (£369), depending on area.
I understand that ticket prices have been pegged back in recent years and have been thankful for that fact, considering the turgid football I have experienced in some seasons.
The fact that I am being moved from my seat against my wishes and then being asked to pay a premium for the privilege has made me question for the first time whether I renew my ticket for next year or not. This considering I sat through three years of football under Stuart Pearce is a big statement on my behalf.
I like to think of myself as a dedicated blue and have this year personally introduced new supporters to the club as well as bringing corporate customers. My family are one of the subjects in the film 'Blue Moon Rising' and I was until this morning looking forward to a successful conclusion to this season and the excitement of the season to come.
With the current state of the economy as it is I cannot understand how you can treat longstanding customers as you are. I do think you are taking advantage of the fact that following a football club is an emotional connection that is hard to break. I am however close to breaking point with my family having to find at least an additional 28.73% each.

I am now awaiting a reply to the following email and calculations I have made

Further to my below email and telephone conversation with one of your representatives this afternoon, I feel compelled to further detail my frustration and disappointment with the club over this matter.
Following on from my telephone conversation I have further analyzed my options for next season and detail them out as follows:
1. Move to the South Stand - This is not an option as my father would be unable to stand for the entire length of the match as is the custom in this stand. I also do not believe there are any available tickets as this is the 'hard core' section and is always full. Conclusion=NOT ACCEPTABLE
2. Move to the East or Colin Bell Stand - Blocks 121 and 110 are not an option as they have exactly the same characteristics as the South Stand. This then leaves out of the entire ground Blocks 131 & 142 these are priced at £475 against my ticket of £369 last season. This gives an increase in cost to me of £106 or 28.73%. Conclusion=INCREASE IN COST OF 28.73% FOR A WORSE VIEW/EXPERIENCE
3. Stay in North Stand - Taking into account I am 1 of a party of 3 adults, if we purchase 3 adult tickets and 2 child tickets (for non existent children) the total cost would be £1,405 divide this cost between the 3 adults = £468. Conclusion=CHEAPEST OPTION AVAILABLE TO ME AND GIVES ME MORE ROOM AROUND SEAT DUE TO TWO UNUSED SEATS (I know this is not what you foresaw with this option but the math's do not lie)
*All seats not on level 1 have not been looked at as they are physically not acceptable to my party.
I would also like to further note that you are imposing this move on ALL North Stand members who do not now fit the qualification criteria and requesting that we finalize our move between 3-7 May. Why not move all members who now qualify for the 'new' Family Stand out of the rest of the stadium before we have to select our new seats. This would at least give ourselves more seating options within the small areas left in the stadium that are financially attainable to ourselves.
I applaud the club for its commitment to child supporters, as no one can argue that they are the future life blood of this club. However I cannot hide my dismay that I am being moved to a worse viewing area of the ground and being asked to pay considerably more for this, as you would describe 'customer experience' (and consequentially more year on year).
As is shown by my calculation for the cost of staying in the North Stand, childless supporters are subsidizing these tickets disproportionately. Of course cost is a factor in my frustration but the lack of credible choice in an acceptable alternative seat is my major concern with little time or options given to ourselves by the club.
I am supposed to be looking forward to my trip to Arsenal this weekend and to the coming important matches towards our push for Europe and unfortunately all I can think about is how this will be my last season of watching my beloved Blues in the flesh due to the onerous restrictions and excessive cost increases made to my ticket.
I can with all my heart say that for me this season has been badly tainted by the clubs actions in dealing with all my fellow North Stand season ticket holders in this matter.
trueblue gio
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum