BENZEMA (Spanish correspondents required!!)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

BENZEMA (Spanish correspondents required!!)

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:27 am

Allegedly to be put on the market by Real Madrid if my rudimentary reading of Spanish is right (!!??)

http://www.sport.es - translation unavailable at present.

If this the case, have any other publications got a similar story chaps??
Last edited by Manx Blue on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: BENZEMA! (Spanish correspondents required!!)

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:29 am

Thank fuck for that.

Get Him in.

NOW,He would be perfect for us do not let him go to the rags.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Re: BENZEMA! (Spanish correspondents required!!)

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:31 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Thank fuck for that.

Get Him in.

NOW,He would be perfect for us do not let him go to the rags.

Lets keep it on the low LAHAD....I would like it confirmed by Davie Yeardsley Or John St Austell if possible.

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Re: BENZEMA (Spanish correspondents required!!)

Postby john@staustell » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:34 am

Just had a quick look at Sport.es but couldn't find Benzema quickly.

Couple of stories about Madrid being in total ruin and the dressing-room split. And Kaka wants to fuck off.

Give me a bit of time and I'll have a trawl round. But you have to remember Sport-es is a Barca-based rag.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:36 am

john@staustell wrote:Just had a quick look at Sport.es but couldn't find Benzema quickly.

Couple of stories about Madrid being in total ruin and the dressing-room split. And Kaka wants to fuck off.

Give me a bit of time and I'll have a trawl round. But you have to remember Sport-es is a Barca-based rag.

Very discreet on the Left John....under the piece on Rooney "Ponen a Benzema en el Mercado"

Manx Blue

Postby Beeks » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:43 am

john@staustell wrote:And Kaka wants to fuck off.

Shame...
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Original Dub » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:44 am

Wouldn't get too excited... it was Ade off to Milan and Chelsea last week.

No way would Madrid try and move Benzema on after one season where both himself and Kaka have underachieved. No sir, they'll simply grab Mourinho and steady the ship at the end of the season.

Anyway, if he's not good enough for madrid, why do you think he's good enough for city, presuming we finish 4th?

Is Villa good enough for Madrid? Actually is Tevez good enough for madrid and would you swap him?
Original Dub

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:45 am

Manx Blue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Just had a quick look at Sport.es but couldn't find Benzema quickly.

Very discreet on the Left John....under the piece on Rooney "Ponen a Benzema en el Mercado"

Lets keep it quiet and offer them 20 millions today.

Him and Tevez with Bellers=Disco wet crotch.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby john@staustell » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:47 am

I wouldn't get too excited about Benzema, because he seems to be playing very badly. Slightly more interesting and ironic is that Kaka exploded on being subbed by Raul, and swore at the much-maligned Pelegrini on the way off. His representative later said it is a classic move of a bad coach to sub a star player to divert pressure from himself. Maybe Kaka will be begging at our door come June??? LOL

This is the Benzema translation:

Karim Benzema is the clear example of the erroneous political signings of Florentino Perez. Real, who paid Lyon 35 million euros last summer for the forward, INTEND to place Benzema on the market at the end of the season. The performance of the player hasn't reached expectations and the feeling in the camp is that the player hasn't even adapted to Madrid life, nor is likely to be a key member of the squad in the short term. The solution - bad obviously - is to transfer him, at the cost of losing the majority of the 5 million (misprint - 35????) that the club paid. Several Italian clubs have asked about him but the offers are clearly low given his poor performances. The transfer of Benzema by Madria seems to be following a similar pattern to that of Huntelaar, sold at cut price to Milan a few months after his arrival.

Karim Benzema es el claro ejemplo de la errónea política de fichajes galácticos de Florentino Pérez. El Real Madrid, que abonó el pasado verano 35 millones de euros al Olympique de Lyon por el delantero, tiene la intención de colocar a Benzema en el mercado a final de temporada. El rendimiento del jugador no ha respondido ni por asomo a las expectativas creadas con su contratación y en el seno del conjunto blanco consideran que el jugador ni se ha adaptado a la vida en Madrid ni es recuperable a corto plazo como pieza clave en el engranaje del equipo. La solución –mala, obviamente– pasa por trasparsarle, a costa de perder la mayoría de los 5 millones que el club blanco abonó por su fichaje. Varios clubs italianos han preguntado por Benzema, pero las ofertas son claramente a la baja dado el escaso rendimiento del francés, que se devalúa a pasos agigantados. El paso de Benzema por Madrid apunta a una trayectoria similar a la del holandés Huntelaar, traspasado a la baja al Milan a los pocos meses de su llegada
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:53 am

I still hold a grudge against Kaka and his advisors after last year's January transfer window. Don't want him here.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:53 am

Many thanks John.

As for Benzema playing badly...yes I can agree. However he wouldn't be the first player to be transferred because he hasn't settled or has been playing poorly would he

Dub...No, I'll keep the little magician thank you

Manx Blue

Postby john@staustell » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:55 am

Marca reports that Christiano Tranaldo is complaning bitterly about Higuain not passing to him on at least 2 occasions, and Guti says it's necessary to be more of a team and less individualistic. The whole lot is fucked and the word is that Pellegrini has lost what little control he had over all those egos on the Euro elimination.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Original Dub » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:00 am

Manx Blue wrote:Many thanks John.

As for Benzema playing badly...yes I can agree. However he wouldn't be the first player to be transferred because he hasn't settled or has been playing poorly would he

Dub...No, I'll keep the little magician thank you

Too right mate!

Everybody always wants those "star signings" from abroad like Villa, Eto'o, Kaka, Benzema etc... because its more exciting.

The fact is though that a lot of the time these players can't hack the premier league and at the moment we've got a striker that has scored over 20 goals already and people are whetting their lips at Benzema, who while being very good is largely unproven in a top league.

You heard of the devil you know.... what about the God you know?! We could search the world high and low and pay top dollar and not get the results from a striker that we are getting from Tevez. Only Rooney edges him (if even) in this league.
Original Dub

Postby Beeks » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 am

I think Madrid are a classic example of a blueprint we definitely don't want to follow here at City...because lets face it...with the money we have to splash around and if we get CL...all those egos could be heading our way
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:12 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I think Madrid are a classic example of a blueprint we definitely don't want to follow here at City...because lets face it...with the money we have to splash around and if we get CL...all those egos could be heading our way

I think if your defence is good enough you can just about get away with it but the 'egos' have to actually perform to keep the pressure off them. Of that bunch only Ronaldo (it pains me to say) IS actually as good as he's made out to be. The rest are either overrated or promising.

Anyone see Eden Hazard v Scousethugs btw? At 19, looks like a fantastic talent to me; Robinho with pace, strength & a set piece delivery. Belgian too so VK should know all about him. Have a look City & do it quickly.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:21 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I think Madrid are a classic example of a blueprint we definitely don't want to follow here at City...because lets face it...with the money we have to splash around and if we get CL...all those egos could be heading our way

I think if your defence is good enough you can just about get away with it but the 'egos' have to actually perform to keep the pressure off them. Of that bunch only Ronaldo (it pains me to say) IS actually as good as he's made out to be. The rest are either overrated or promising.

Anyone see Eden Hazard v Scousethugs btw? At 19, looks like a fantastic talent to me; Robinho with pace, strength & a set piece delivery. Belgian too so VK should know all about him. Have a look City & do it quickly.

Fucking right, get him in and give him the no 2 shirt. It'd be sweet having "HAZARD no 2" on the back your shirt. Like a shit warning or something. DO IT.
Original Dub

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:23 am

To Dub and Bish....I would personally buy Benzema to supplement/replace what we already have. I mean Benzema is a better player that RSC for example, although they are different types of player so a comparison may not be that fair.

However, because a player moves to a big club, doesn’t necessarily mean he has or gets an ego. Many of us on here castigated Bellamy before he arrived because of issues earlier in his career. But I would suggest he is no different a person because he has moved to us. He still gets his point across in a similar fashion on the field, and the repetitive off the field baggage (other than alleged disagreements with Bobby) are a thing of the past.

I’ve always liked Benzema since he dismantled Rangers and other teams in that Champions League group a few years ago. So, we would only know if he’s “a fit” if we sign him.

Manx Blue

Postby Beeks » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:32 am

Manx Blue wrote:However, because a player moves to a big club, doesn’t necessarily mean he has or gets an ego. Many of us on here castigated Bellamy before he arrived because of issues earlier in his career. But I would suggest he is no different a person because he has moved to us. He still gets his point across in a similar fashion on the field, and the repetitive off the field baggage (other than alleged disagreements with Bobby) are a thing of the past.

To be honest though Manx that's not a good comparison because you can't really compare Bellers to anyone...he's a one off...and his ego comes with a workrate that is unequalled...if any of them Madrid wasters had half his attitude then they would be the winners they should be
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:47 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:However, because a player moves to a big club, doesn’t necessarily mean he has or gets an ego. Many of us on here castigated Bellamy before he arrived because of issues earlier in his career. But I would suggest he is no different a person because he has moved to us. He still gets his point across in a similar fashion on the field, and the repetitive off the field baggage (other than alleged disagreements with Bobby) are a thing of the past.

To be honest though Manx that's not a good comparison because you can't really compare Bellers to anyone...he's a one off...and his ego comes with a workrate that is unequalled...if any of them Madrid wasters had half his attitude then they would be the winners they should be

Who would you use to compare?

Manx Blue

Postby Beeks » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:48 am

Manx Blue wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Who would you use to compare?

An ego without the work ethic

Hmmmm...Robinho? ;-)

In fact any of our Brazillians past and present
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum