Kammy's Picks Of The Weekend

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Kammy's Picks Of The Weekend

Postby King Kev » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:44 pm

Every Saturday afternoon, Chris Kamara heads to stadiums up and down the country to deliver his unique match reports for Soccer Saturday.

On Sundays you can see him back in the Sky Sports studios as he brings you all of the Premier League highlights on Goals on Sunday.

And then on Mondays you can find Kammy right here on skysports.com as he brings you his Premier League picks of the weekend.

TEAM - Man City
ImageTo go to Stamford Bridge and to win in the manner that they did was terrific, especially after going a goal behind. I was fortunate to chat to Roberto Mancini and some of the City players on Friday night and they were in good spirits. Mancini said he was happy with how things were going and he rubbished the talk of pressure because he's hardly settled in his chair yet. They're together as a squad. I spoke to Shaun Wright-Phillips who was in high spirits even though he wasn't starting the game.

PLAYER - Carlos Tevez
ImageCarlos Tevez flew in from Argentina and only met up with the other players again on Friday after taking some time out to look after his wife in difficult circumstances. For him to go out on Saturday and play so well was outstanding. He scored two goals and perhaps the goalkeeper should have done better on the first, but Tevez was the main instigator and threat throughout the match.

GAFFER - Roberto Mancini
ImageAvram Grant has done a brilliant job, but it was almost no surprise that Portsmouth won their next match after going into administration. The players know they're more or less down so they can go out and play without fear. In fact, because of all of this they might end up playing in an FA Cup Final! However, I will pick Mancini because it was a difficult game against his old adversary Carlo Ancelotti. They have met each other so many times in Italy, but this was their first meeting in England - and Mancini came out of it with flying colours. They're knocking on the door of fourth place and that race is really hotting up.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum