Tuesday's Rich B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's Rich B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:06 am

RICH BOLLOX
Real Madrid topped football's rich list for the sixth year in succession, as Manchester United dropped to third.
Accountancy firm Deloitte have announced their annual Football Money League report, which again confirmed Real as football's top revenue earning club.
Indeed, Real posted record figures as their revenues moved in excess of €400million (£363m) for the first time.
The Spanish league is benefiting from the strong Euro at the moment and, partly as a result of that, Barcelona have leapt into second spot ahead of English champions United.
"Real Madrid and FC Barcelona have created a clear revenue gap between themselves and their European competitors, and look set to contest the top two positions in the Money League for the foreseeable future, particularly if the pound doesn't strengthen against the euro," said Alan Switzer, director in the Sports Business Group at Deloitte,
The top 20 was little changed from last year, with Werder Bremen and Manchester City replacing VfB Stuttgart and Turkish club Fenerbahce.
The list was again dominated by European clubs, with seven English clubs, four from Italy, and two each from France and Spain. The number of German clubs grew to five from four.
Despite being in the Championship, Newcastle managed to remain in the top 20

The 20 richest football clubs as listed by accountancy firm Deloitte:

1 Real Madrid, Spain
2 Barcelona, Spain
3 Manchester United, England
4 Bayern Munich, Germany
5 Arsenal, England
6 Chelsea, England
7 Liverpool, England
8 Juventus, Italy [/quote]
9t Inter Milan, Italy
9t AC Milan, Italy
11 Hamburg, Germany
12 AS Roma, Italy
13 Lyon, France
14 Marseille, France
15 Tottenham, England
16 Schalke, Germany
17 Werder Bremen, Germany
18 Borussia Dortmund, Germany
19 Manchester City, England
20 Newcastle, England

Hleb shleb
Former Arsenal midfielder Alexander Hleb is looking for a move back to the Premier League and is attracting attention from Aston Villa and Manchester City , according to the Daily Mirror.
Hleb left Arsenal for Barcelona in 2008 for £12million but has failed to hold down a regular first team place and was loaned to German side Stuttgart for the season.
Although he is enjoying a successful spell in Germany, the Belarus international has ruled out staying at Stuttgart next season, mainly because he does not see eye to eye with coach Christian Gross.
The 28 year-old said, “The chances for me to stay at Stuttgart next season are zero. Barcelona will decide my future and I am open to any option. But I have shown at Arsenal that I can play in England and enjoy the Premier League.”

Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy frozen out by Wales boss John Toshack
Craig Bellamy’s international career may be over after John Toshack refused to confirm whether Manchester City’s striker forms part of his future plans.
The in-form forward was surprisingly omitted from the Wales squad, despite making himself available for tomorrow’s friendly against Sweden, sparking rumours that he had played his final game for his country.
Toshack was given ample opportunity during his press briefing to scupper suggestions that Bellamy’s absence would only be on a temporary basis, but refused to make his thinking clear.
The news will come as a major snub to the Cardiff-born striker who has always maintained an eagerness to play for his country. He did admit before the final World Cup qualification fixture against Finland last October that continuing injury concerns over his knee may preclude him from appearing in every game.
However, news that he would not be playing in Swansea has come as a shock as Bellamy had told friends that he was looking forward to returning to south Wales this week.
It is understood that once Toshack’s squad had been announced, contact was made on Bellamy’s behalf with a member of the national coach’s backroom staff but that held little sway with former Real Madrid boss Toshack who stuck firmly to his original plans
Asked why Bellamy had been overlooked, Toshack said: ‘The player and his manager were concerned ahead of our last friendly that he may not be able to play in those matches because of a condition that has been well-documented.
‘We thought if that was the case, we have young players who need to push on. We will take the opportunity to give them more international matches. That’s what we have decided to do.'
To the suggestion that Bellamy would be needed for the 2012 qualification matches against England and that he will still form part of Wales’s plans, Toshack added: ‘I don’t know. I haven’t got a crystal ball.
‘His performances have been limited with injury. The way the other two forwards performed, Ched Evans and Simon Church, the more people we have competing for places the better.
‘He won’t form part of our plans if he’s injured. Out of our last 15 matches, he’s missed 10. We don’t want to rely too heavily on him. The more games the others get, the better we will be.'

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... jose-lopez

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Manchester United are considering a fresh attempt to lure Benfica's £20m-rated winger Angel di Maria to Old Trafford. Daily Mail

Aston Villa, Sunderland and Blackburn are eyeing up Wolves defensive midfielder and captain Karl Henry, 27. The Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
England boss Fabio Capello will turn to Tottenham's injury-plagued defender Ledley King as he attempts to solve his centre-back crisis. King, 29, won his last England cap almost three years ago.Daily Mail

Neil Warnock joined Queens Park Rangers as manager after the club agreed a £400,000 compensation deal with Crystal Palace. Warnock will be paid £15,000 a week at Loftus Road.Daily Mail

Meanwhile, Steve Coppell has turned down the chance of an emotional return to replace Warnock at Selhurst Park, leaving the manager's door open for Paul Hart to take charge. The Mirror

Crisis-club Portsmouth are offering financial advice to supporters on their website. Pompey, who are in administration and have huge debts, are advertising PFC Financial Services division, which claims to bring everyday financial solutions to fans' families. One supporter said: "It's got to be a sick joke." The Mirror

'Oasis split has helped Manchester City'
Liam Gallagher has joked that the fortunes of Oasis and his beloved Manchester City football team are linked.
The singer pointed out that the team seemed to do badly when the band were at their peak – and now that Oasis have split things look much better on the pitch.
"When Oasis were doing well, City were doing shit," Gallagher told the Daily Mirror. "But now we've split, City are doing good. Maybe there's some good times ahead with City, and that'll take the pain of the band splitting off a bit."
Manchester City romped to a 4-2 away win against Chelsea on Saturday (February 27), while Gallagher is expected to make his musical comeback with former Oasis members later this year.

More bollox later ....
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's Rich B*ll*x

Postby btajim » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:25 am

Neil Warnock joined Queens Park Rangers as manager after the club agreed a £400,000 compensation deal with Crystal Palace. Warnock will be paid £15,000 a week at Loftus Road.Daily Mail

Palace let Warnock go to help ease their debt? Mistake. His passion could've helped their Championship survival this season. League One is such a tough division to get out of now.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Re: Tuesday's Rich B*ll*x

Postby TomS » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:41 am

Richest clubs is by far not the right headline.

Deloitte has pointed out with this list witch clubs have the highest "income" (right english word?), not who are "ritch".
Just to see my point for the german clubs:

-Bayern Munich - rich, finacially well fittet, best leaded "brand" in german football
-Hamburger SV- ahem, nearly bancrupt 5-6 yrs ago, well fittet because of the transfers of De Jong, Kompany and the guy never playes at Real.....
-Schalke 04, "our" next Pompey, nothing else to say
-Werder Bremen, a conservative boards leads a small village club into areas sometimes to big for them....
-Borussia Dortmund- nearly our "last" Pompey, but took themselves out of their financial dilemma on their own with younger players..... how long will that last?
Thomas
Bert Trautmann Town, Germany
TomS
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC,Werder Bremen
My favourite player is: Sergio

Return to The Maine Football forum