micah under mancini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: micah under mancini

Postby Citeh&Crew » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Slim wrote:
Blue in North London wrote:He's been good recently although I felt he had a poor game against Chelsea. He invited Anelka into the box on a number of occasions. Much better than last season, and his goal a few weeks back was one of the highlights of the season for me

I think this right here is a symptom of our failings as City fans, we fail to give any credit to any players not wearing a City shirt. It's Nicolas Anelka ffs, a world class talent playing some of the best football of his career, he is always going to give whoever is playing against him a nightmare and I give Micah credit for doing as well as he did.

Of course you have a point, but also "ffs", Micah gave away five set pieces, some in our defensive third. Yes, it's Anelka he was playing against, but for goodness sake it wasn't God! (And for reference, it wasn't just Anelka beating him, it was also Drogba.. but same point) I've definitely seen better defending against Anelka.

Some here have brought up the slippery pitch; I'd like to point out that Micah's clumsiness on more than a few of his fouls was not due to the pitch. Besides, everyone had to play on that pitch, so why give Micah a pass? De Jong, Barry, Lescott, Bridge.. all seemed to do decently (especially the two CBs).

I still maintain that MIcah's recent improvement in form is due to being in better shape, and perhaps strict instructions from Mancini on where to be. However, he is still not a good 1v1 defender, nor is he adequate passing out of the back.

He'd make a great NFL TE, though, for those who know what that means.
Citeh&Crew

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum