Carling cup final thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Carling cup final thread

Postby david yearsley » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:17 pm

The pressure´s been off him most of the season but in a cup final it was on and as we have witnessed on many occasions he is prone to buckling under it - still would have kept him as cover though
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:23 pm

david yearsley wrote:The pressure´s been off him most of the season but in a cup final it was on and as we have witnessed on many occasions he is prone to buckling under it - still would have kept him as cover though

I agree would have been great as cover and shame we got rid as he was obviously a blue at heart also. Hughes royally fucked us over but we need to move on..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:23 pm

Vhero wrote:
Tony P wrote:You know, that brings a tear to my eye. That could have been Dunnie fucking up for us at Wembley.

Never watched it but heard he made a major fuck up today that lead to a goal? And some people on here say it was a mistake to get rid.

At least he was there. Dunne has shown City no malice. I feel badly for him and the Villa squad. More than Dunne's gaffe -- which he nearly recovered remarkably from with an amazing tackle -- the referee was the one who put that silverware on a plate for the scum.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:26 pm

Craig Bardsley wrote:Does Phil Dowd qualify for a winner's medal with that performance today?

I'm amazed he didn't take over the captain's armband and lift the cup, afterall he did hand it to them didn't he!

I'm in no way a bitter, but it does become a little annoying that you can't even watch a cup final and think it's going to be a fare result!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Kladze » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Vhero wrote:
Tony P wrote:You know, that brings a tear to my eye. That could have been Dunnie fucking up for us at Wembley.

Never watched it but heard he made a major fuck up today that lead to a goal? And some people on here say it was a mistake to get rid. Honestly I loved the guy but it was time to move on I think the fans should to :). I'm not saying he wasn't a good player btw but we need better if we want to challenge for Europe.

EDIT watched the Owen goal and OMG what the fuck was he thinking??

Vhero wrote:
david yearsley wrote:The pressure´s been off him most of the season but in a cup final it was on and as we have witnessed on many occasions he is prone to buckling under it - still would have kept him as cover though

I agree would have been great as cover and shame we got rid as he was obviously a blue at heart also. Hughes royally fucked us over but we need to move on..

Is there an "I contradict myself regularly" trophy up for grabs?

You win it hands down Vhero .
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:56 pm

Kladze wrote:
Vhero wrote:

Never watched it but heard he made a major fuck up today that lead to a goal? And some people on here say it was a mistake to get rid. Honestly I loved the guy but it was time to move on I think the fans should to :). I'm not saying he wasn't a good player btw but we need better if we want to challenge for Europe.

EDIT watched the Owen goal and OMG what the fuck was he thinking??

Vhero wrote:

Is there an "I contradict myself regularly" trophy up for grabs?

You win it hands down Vhero .

Ah he's back....

:)
Original Dub

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Manchester United... The last trophy for 57 years.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:24 am

that's the reason we sold him I believe. Thing is, Dunne is like David James. One of the best around on his day but when the pressure is on, he'll make mistakes.

I was dead happy to see him in final though. I always thought parting ways was best possible way for both sides. Dunne simply wasn't getting over his slump in form which lasted year and a half and NEEDED fresh start. Subs bench is no place for him at this stage of his career.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:36 am

True to form old Dunnie if you ask me, great defending then some huge cock-up. Never was comfortable on the ball, which is what it's about at top level. Of course to some with poor memories he was the best we ever had. Never be a 'top four' player as long as he's got a hole in his wotsit.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby branny » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:21 pm

I see he played the kids again....or was it his strongest team with the exception of Shrek. I think the bacon faced one's backside is twitching in a big way. Arse have a piss easy run in so could finish top and the one man team are unlikely to win the chumps league therefore he suddenly takes the Carling cup seriously (either that or he's admitting his squad is sh1t). :)
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum