Shawcross

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Shawcross

Postby sandman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:11 am

I havent yet seen any GOOD footage from this but from what I have seen (long range camera and still image) it looks to me like a 50/50 challenge that went horribly wrong?

And I think that Fabregas needs to fuck the fuck off trying to get refs onside, he's blatantly trying to gain an unfair advantage from refs.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Re: Shawcross

Postby mr_nool » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:13 am

sandman wrote:I havent yet seen any GOOD footage from this but from what I have seen (long range camera and still image) it looks to me like a 50/50 challenge that went horribly wrong?

And I think that Fabregas needs to fuck the fuck off trying to get refs onside, he's blatantly trying to gain an unfair advantage from refs.

Ay, 50/50 (or rather 60/40, since Shawcross was really late). No ill intent, just really fucking clumsy.
I've nearly broken my leg in situations like that, and I've always seen it for what it is - accidents.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby sandman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:18 am

mr_nool wrote:
sandman wrote:I havent yet seen any GOOD footage from this but from what I have seen (long range camera and still image) it looks to me like a 50/50 challenge that went horribly wrong?

Ay, 50/50 (or rather 60/40, since Shawcross was really late). No ill intent, just really fucking clumsy.
I've nearly broken my leg in situations like that, and I've always seen it for what it is - accidents.

Aye, accidents, they happen, totally agree.

Why the fuck do they deserve more "Protection" from the referee's??

(could somebody please help my down from my high horse, Fabregas has really annoyed me)
sandman

Postby everyonehatesus » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:20 am

mr_nool wrote:

I agree 100% that it was indeed an accident. My problem with it is that when you have teams like Stoke who are always going to clatter you and push there luck in general you will always have a higher level of risk of something like this happening.
Thw more they get away with the more chances they will take.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:20 am

sandman wrote:(could somebody please help my down from my high horse, Fabregas has really annoyed me)
You haven't heard Wenger's paranoid rant yet then?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sandman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:24 am

King Kev wrote:
sandman wrote:(could somebody please help my down from my high horse, Fabregas has really annoyed me)
You haven't heard Wenger's paranoid rant yet then?

The difference for me is that Wenger is always crying about everything in his annoying battleshy accent so I dont think he is taken as serious as Fabregas will be.
sandman

Postby david yearsley » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:41 am

everyonehatesus wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I agree 100% that it was indeed an accident. My problem with it is that when you have teams like Stoke who are always going to clatter you and push there luck in general you will always have a higher level of risk of something like this happening.
Thw more they get away with the more chances they will take.

This - I hope Pulis is choking on his fuclin breakfast - cnut!!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby bluej » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:05 pm

Yeah I don't think Shawcross meant any malice (if you were basing it on malice - Ballack's petty challenge on Tevez was arguably worse - he never intended to get the ball and could have injured Tevez in the way he went into him) but it was a clumsy challenge.

According to SSN Wenger has called for Shawcross to punished further - i'm sorry but whilst it was a horrific injury, the player should only be punished based on the challenge, not what came from it. If Ramsey hadn't got injured you wouldn't see Wenger saying anything further about the challenge.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ruralblue » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:17 pm

I really felt for the lad, bless he just wanted his Mam when he realised how bad it was. It happens and he was obviously sickened.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby branny » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:26 pm

From one of the stills that it showed you on MOTD it looked like his leg may have gone before there was any contact from Shawcross (like what happened when Buust got his studs caught in the turf). Don't know what Fabregas was on about with the ref playing on because he stopped the game straight away. As for Wenger wanting further punishment, I didn't even think the red card was warranted. IMHO the ref gave the red because of what had happened to Ramsey. I felt for both players because it wasn't malicious and Ramsey will be out for a long time and Shawcross was clearly affected.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:30 pm

Maybe Wenger should have a re-think about playing so many guys fresh out of nursery whose bodies have not yet developed far enough to deal with the physical side of the game.... he goes on about it being the third such injury in a few years his team has had.... but Arsenal are common denominator and maybe he is picking players before they are ready for such a physical league.

That said it was a late challenge. He got sent off which was fair enough. Shawcross is not a dirty player at all, and he left the pitch in tears because he was so concerned for the other player.

And someone point out the Ballack challenge. That was pure retaliation and no attempt to contest the ball.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Bluez » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:31 pm

I think one thing which is probably playing on their mind is that this is the third time in 5 years such a bad tackle has happened to an arsenal player, twice at Stoke, so while Shawcross might not be the master villan you can understand if Arsenal are feeling a little paranoid.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:36 pm

Bluez wrote:I think one thing which is probably playing on their mind is that this is the third time in 5 years such a bad tackle has happened to an arsenal player, twice at Stoke, so while Shawcross might not be the master villan you can understand if Arsenal are feeling a little paranoid.

Our posts must have overlapped in the fiber optics.... unless I'm psychic because I've given a response before being able to read this :-)
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby xavi6 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Sol Campbell is the one that pissed me off most. Watch his reaction afterwards. Goes straight after Shawcross to have a go rather than check on his teammate.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/4893649/

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby TheGOAT » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:51 pm

mr_nool wrote:

It was not really late!! Your talking 0.10ths of a second???
"Watch a DVD, eat some pizza
**** each other!
I'm serious!!
**** a chicken if that's what it takes...
Watch a chicken ******* a horse...
What? You think the guys at google sat around watching Trumpton?"
TheGOAT
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:13 pm

Shawcross missed the challenge. There was no malice. The unfortunate thing was the position Ramsey's standing leg was in at the time. Shawcross was clearly devastated.

But then I don't hold anything against Wenger, Fabregas, Campbell, anyone from the Arsenal side really. It's easy to lose your cool in the heat of the moment. Especially if you witness your team-mate writhing around in agony with half of his leg facing the wrong way.

I'm sure every football fan will wish Ramsey a complete and speedy recovery.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:35 am

I've always hated Shawcross, cos he is a dirty rag and his head pisses me off but he gained a lot of respect from me after seeing how devastated he was after that challenge. Actualy feel quite sorry for the lad as he clearly never intented it and this was just very very very unlucky. Fabregas and Campbell made themselves look like cunts, I agree that in the heat of the moment you can lose your cool but even then SURELY??? the well-being of your team-mate is far more important than storming after the referee and/or Shwacross. Again, I think Shawcross handled that brilliantly, he didn't pay any attention to the twats and realised what just happened. Filthy rag or not, I salute Shawcross, the cockney cunt Campbell and gayboy Spainiard can learn a lot from him as human beings, I don't care what they've achieved as footballers
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:46 am

Stoke are a bunch of thugs & will probably seriously injure someone intentionally one of these days but this was clearly an accident. I can understand Wenger being upset immediately after it happened & saying a few rash things but he should have realised that was wrong by now & apologised.

Unlikely that he will though as he's a bitter one eyed twat, who sees only what suits his agenda.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby s1ty m » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:58 am

I can't watch these things; broke my leg before and it is not a great experience.

However, the problem, I think, is that players come into tackles with studs up - not saying shawcross did (I can't watch it), but it happens all the time in our football, where it is not tolerated anywhere aelse in the world. If you keep studs down and boot on the ground when going in, no legs are going to get broken, simples. The Eduardo one, I am told, the guy was 8-10 inches off the ground. Well, what a surprise that someone got injured. If the other guy has a planted leg and you go in like that, legs will break.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Andy, lincs » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:56 am

Whilst I appreciate the tackle was mistimed and without malice I think Wenger has every justification to be upset. Just how many times do you read, see or hear of managers, players or journalists saying the way to play Arsenal is to be physical and disrupt their football.

Countless times I have heard the phrase "let them know you're there" and "they don't stand up to the physical side of the game" which managers actively pick up on and set teams out to be more physical against Arsenal. It is a perfectly legitimate tactic but one that is bound to breed these sorts of incidents unfortunately.
Living like I'll die tomorrow, farming like I'll live forever.
Andy, lincs
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum