MOTD

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: MOTD

Postby simon12 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:09 am

It`s made to look evem more ridiculous because the final summary showed wolves hitting the post, great fucking tv.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby irblinx » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:10 am

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch MOTD for ages, the bias is blatant and just ends up winding me up. We'll need 2 or 3 years of sustained success before they reluctantly start to give us any credit
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby sandman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:13 am

King Kev wrote:
sandman wrote:I was actually very impressed with the BBC's coverage of the match, I half expected them just to show the handshake that never was, undeservedly slag off bridge, show the goals, show some missed shots by chelsea, blame the ref for sending two players off for the wrong side, mention the word "millions", then sum it all up by saying we got lucky and Chelsea are hard done by.
I think the only reason they avoided that particular cliché is because Chelsea's team actually cost more than ours.

I noticed that, but then was a little confused at how they can caculate an accurate figure from so many undisclosed fee's?

I believe our squad cost slightly less than the media would like us to think?
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby AlpsMaster » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:36 pm

I too was left fuming after watching MOTD last night. I even videoed it and watched it again this morning to check I hadn't missed anything.

Most of the issues with it have already been mentioned (no credit for our goals, blaming Terry and Hilarious etc) but the thing that pissed me off most was when Shearer analysed our second goal >>>

It was just a long ball over the top to Bellamy! FFS!!!! Long ball my arse!!!!!!!

and then ...

If Czek plays that would have been saved. How the fuck does he know? If Torres/Drogba/Anelka/Rooney had scored from that angle then they'd have had a wankathon about how skilful it was !!!!!!!!!

I give up!
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby gillie » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:00 pm

I was dumbfounded with the final summary it was as if we had'nt played.At least on sky the commentator said we are now the hardest team in the prem to beat official.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:27 am

Let them belittle us as they please. I'm happy when we are underestimated. The punditry is so predictable you could write the script in advance.

(To be honest, it's been a gradual thing, I'm begining to take Steve Claridge's comments more sreiously).

Alan Green is a knob
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum