The hughes Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The hughes Thread

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
MANCIO4EVER wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If I was a manager I'd want to manage in the PL. It's a much more varied & high profile environment than just about any other, offers a different type of challenge with almost every team & pays miles better. Hence almost every top manager wants to be here.

Very true, Ted. Just to say, it is not a case whether the current incumbent did prefer to challange himself on a six month basis odd, before even thinking to some f****g Juventus or awaiting for some fat opportunity otherwise. Well, at least a challenge at City!... :-)

Nonetheless, I'm not the first to stress the value of further qualifications extended to different ideas of footy.
It is neither a case that Roy Hodgson is one of the most respected coach Europe wide. He didn't need to come to Serie A to get a job: but he went, exchanged ideas, learnt and teached, in what is boring, slower but really the most challenging place for a strategist. Neither is a case if Pepe Guardiola, felt the need to spend a few part of his distinguished playing career at a Serie A club of lesser level: same as Bobby, he had been renowed to be already a sort of coach on the pitch and that sort of stage in the boring cynical accademy of all tactics had completed his qualifications.
Generally, if You look at all the most respected coaches in Europe (i.e of the world), You will notice a common thread: they all had experienced different ideas of footy in different environments.

That's fine if you can't get a PL job & need to rebuild your reputation but Hughes rep is still good here wheras, if he went to some average Italian or Spanish team, it's unlikely he'd enhance his reputation & it's easily possible he could be kicked out on his arse if results went badly. Then where would his career be? Meanwhile he'd be further away than ever from a top PL job.

If Hughes was to go abroad, the time to do it would be after a period of relative success here or alternatively if he can't get a job here or gets sacked again. The best thing he could do now imo is try to get another job in the PL & do it as well as he did at Blackburn, then if he wanted to go abroad, he would be able to go to a decent team.

Sorry Mate, I disagree.
My point is not about searching for a job, is about building up knowledge.
Reputation comes accordingly and I very much doubt that going to a middle table Club at La Liga or Seria A and acheiving normal/standard results would affect a profesional whatsoever, if that was the case.
Once a reputation is already established, getting further experience and qualificantion can only add and never deduct to such a reputation.
Once that said, I was talking in general and not about MH in particular and I am not suggesting he is urged or should feel urged to rush abroad to make experience. I honestly haven't followed his career (as a manager) so much to assess an intelligent opinion about. You are probably right in assessing that this his not the right moment to make that step.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:48 am

MANCIO4EVER wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
MANCIO4EVER wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If I was a manager I'd want to manage in the PL. It's a much more varied & high profile environment than just about any other, offers a different type of challenge with almost every team & pays miles better. Hence almost every top manager wants to be here.

Very true, Ted. Just to say, it is not a case whether the current incumbent did prefer to challange himself on a six month basis odd, before even thinking to some f****g Juventus or awaiting for some fat opportunity otherwise. Well, at least a challenge at City!... :-)

Nonetheless, I'm not the first to stress the value of further qualifications extended to different ideas of footy.
It is neither a case that Roy Hodgson is one of the most respected coach Europe wide. He didn't need to come to Serie A to get a job: but he went, exchanged ideas, learnt and teached, in what is boring, slower but really the most challenging place for a strategist. Neither is a case if Pepe Guardiola, felt the need to spend a few part of his distinguished playing career at a Serie A club of lesser level: same as Bobby, he had been renowed to be already a sort of coach on the pitch and that sort of stage in the boring cynical accademy of all tactics had completed his qualifications.
Generally, if You look at all the most respected coaches in Europe (i.e of the world), You will notice a common thread: they all had experienced different ideas of footy in different environments.

That's fine if you can't get a PL job & need to rebuild your reputation but Hughes rep is still good here wheras, if he went to some average Italian or Spanish team, it's unlikely he'd enhance his reputation & it's easily possible he could be kicked out on his arse if results went badly. Then where would his career be? Meanwhile he'd be further away than ever from a top PL job.

If Hughes was to go abroad, the time to do it would be after a period of relative success here or alternatively if he can't get a job here or gets sacked again. The best thing he could do now imo is try to get another job in the PL & do it as well as he did at Blackburn, then if he wanted to go abroad, he would be able to go to a decent team.

Sorry Mate, I disagree.
Reputation comes accordingly and I very much doubt that going to a middle table Club at La Liga or Seria A and acheiving normal/standard results would affect a profesional whatsoever, if that was the case.
Once a reputation is already established, getting further experience and qualificantion can only add and never deduct to such a reputation.
Once that said, I was talking in general and not about MH in particular and I am not suggesting he is urged or should feel urged to rush abroad to make experience. I honestly haven't followed his career (as a manager) so much to assess an intelligent opinion about. You are probably right in assessing that this his not the right moment to make that step.

Hughes played for Barca & Bayern Munich so I recon he's got as much chance of accumulating knowledge there as someone managing a mid table club. Mancio got taught a good lesson in PL football from David Moyes last night though so it's always possible to learn..
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Fair enough,Ted.
But again this was not where my general opinion was aimed to, and although I credit You full titles today, I personally had learnt a lot from my failures.
That said, as per my comment on matchday thread, I am currently sick and need to be recovered with the evidence of supeior man management and three sounding victories before the derby.
Otherwise You might even wake up one morning and find me on Yr. camp, Mate... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:33 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
MANCIO4EVER wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
MANCIO4EVER wrote:

Sorry Mate, I disagree.

Hughes played for Barca & Bayern Munich so I recon he's got as much chance of accumulating knowledge there as someone managing a mid table club. Mancio got taught a good lesson in PL football from David Moyes last night though so it's always possible to learn..

I wouldn't use Barcelona as any sort of reference for Hughes. He is one of the biggest flops they've ever had and probably one of the reasons why they are never interested of British players. Think Catalonian version of Lee Bradbury.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:45 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I wouldn't use Barcelona as any sort of reference for Hughes. He is one of the biggest flops they've ever had and probably one of the reasons why they are never interested of British players. Think Catalonian version of Lee Bradbury.

He wasn't that bad imo, just didn't really suit their style. Wrong signing & a bit of a scapegoat. Will have got a good insight into how the club operated & their training methods though as he would have at Bayern, Scum & Chelsea. In fact it's hard to imagine someone with more close hand knowledge of the methods of top clubs when you think about it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I wouldn't use Barcelona as any sort of reference for Hughes. He is one of the biggest flops they've ever had and probably one of the reasons why they are never interested of British players. Think Catalonian version of Lee Bradbury.

He wasn't that bad imo, just didn't really suit their style. Wrong signing & a bit of a scapegoat. Will have got a good insight into how the club operated & their training methods though as he would have at Bayern, Scum & Chelsea. In fact it's hard to imagine someone with more close hand knowledge of the methods of top clubs when you think about it.

"one of the biggest flops they EVER had".

You couldn't fucking make it up.
Original Dub

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:39 am

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

OD - not sure that on this subject any comment from NQDP actually warrants a response - just blind on the subject and too far up his arse to recognise that he comes across as a dick
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: The Living in The Past Thread

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:01 pm

So, when's Lesley coming back?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:20 am

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

You have no idea what you are talking about do you? His sale was the transfer fee record in Britain at the time, yet he only managed ONE season and scored about one in ten or something like that until shipped out on loan to Bayern.

YES, that is one of the biggest transfer fuck ups in Barcelona history.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:06 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCyC1dZiN8

He's never coming back, you know.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:18 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCyC1dZiN8

He's never coming back, you know.

Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE Jethro Tull, by the way??? Guilty pleasure that I try to hide best I can. I love the flute sound.

And yes, he is not coming back BUT I have a feeling this is NOT the last we've seen him. People harpour warm thoughts about him, most of them based on short memory and illusion, so all the signs are there that some day he might well come back and finally prove people how wrong they were.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby guv111 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:36 am

I did, when Mancini was having his first dodgy period, wonder where we would beat that moment with Hughes in charge (not now, however, we've moved on). For example, would we have beaten the Rags and gone on to win the League Cup and been comfortably in the Top 3 or 4; or would we, on the other hand, have had a spectacular low and turned all those draws into losses? I liked - and still like - Hughes, despite his PR machine going into overdrive after his sacking. I'm just not certain that he is his own man enough, being reliant on mates and yes-men as his support staff. Without the weight of the jobsworths, he may have a bright future, and it slightly pains me that we might have let someone go who may prove to be actually very good.

No excuse for signing RSC, though.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:52 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

You have no idea what you are talking about do you? His sale was the transfer fee record in Britain at the time, yet he only managed ONE season and scored about one in ten or something like that until shipped out on loan to Bayern.

YES, that is one of the biggest transfer fuck ups in Barcelona history.

Indeed I did know that Mr Pants, indeed I did.

HOWEVER

If I was that arsed I could run through Barcelona's transfers over the last 25 years and point out much bigger flops, but I'll leave it up to someone who really gives a shit. Someone who doesn't cry everytime they hear his name like you do.

Leave the man alone, he did a great job while he was here IMO and so far it looks like we haven't pushed on since sacking him.

:)
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:16 am

It seems his next step is Celtic. That job would suit him well in many levels.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 07,00.html

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:46 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:It seems his next step is Celtic. That job would suit him well in many levels.

I wish he'd come back here, I felt we suited him on many levels.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:52 am

Original Dub wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:It seems his next step is Celtic. That job would suit him well in many levels.

I'm sorry to break this to you but I don't think he is coming back. Certainly not in good few years. And I do understand that we suited his profile fairly well but surely massive club like Celtic will suit him even better. Top passing football against world class opposition. I have a feeling that he will win stuff there. I know it demands top manager to lead Celtic into cups and titles in Scotland but there you go, I've said it.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:56 am

Original Dub wrote:

I'm sorry to break this to you but I don't think he is coming back. Certainly not in good few years. And I do understand that we suited his profile fairly well but surely massive club like Celtic will suit him even better. Top passing football against world class opposition. I have a feeling that he will win stuff there. I know it demands top manager to lead Celtic into cups and titles in Scotland but there you go, I've said it.

I wish he'd come back here SO SO SO much.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:06 am

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

I know.

Maybe he'll win league cup in Scotland and prove owners how wrong they were. Then they are sure to bring him back.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:13 am

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

I know.

Maybe he'll win league cup in Scotland and prove owners how wrong they were. Then they are sure to bring him back.

No, he won't be back here mate. You just said that a minute ago.

I just wish it didn't have to be this way.

We made a mistake and it hurt when I saw us hand the carling cup to united, it hurt when we crashed out of the fA Cup to Stoke and to be honest it hurts nearly everytime I watch the players full of fear trying to stumble through each game.

But he won't be back... alas
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:50 am

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I'm sorry to break this to you but I don't think he is coming back. Certainly not in good few years. And I do understand that we suited his profile fairly well but surely massive club like Celtic will suit him even better. Top passing football against world class opposition. I have a feeling that he will win stuff there. I know it demands top manager to lead Celtic into cups and titles in Scotland but there you go, I've said it.

I know.

No, he won't be back here mate. You just said that a minute ago.

I just wish it didn't have to be this way.

We made a mistake and it hurt when I saw us hand the carling cup to U***d, it hurt when we crashed out of the fA Cup to Stoke and to be honest it hurts nearly everytime I watch the players full of fear trying to stumble through each game.

But he won't be back... alas

I know. It hurt almost as much as crashing out of FA Cup by Nottingham Forest and League Cup by Brighton. Not half as much as finishing 10th with a team that previous season had finished 9th and had 125m worth of additions though. That REALLY hurt.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum