The hughes Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The hughes Thread

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:06 am

"City had been keen for their leading scorer to keep a low profile this week and the club are deeply frustrated with their player, as well as being angry with the role that his adviser, Kia Joorabchian, is perceived to have played in an interview that also included Tevez questioning the wisdom of Mark Hughes's sacking. Joorabchian has been representing Hughes for the last two months and his once-strong working relationship with City's chief executive, Garry Cook, has deteriorated to the point that sources at the club say the businessman is no longer even welcome in the players' lounge. City's frustration with Tevez stems largely from the fact that they see him as too easily influenced and as a result he has enhanced his reputation as one of the more controversial players in the Premier League."

from today's Guardian - the shadow of Hughes still darkens Carrington
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Slim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:14 am

johnny crossan wrote:
"City had been keen for their leading scorer to keep a low profile this week and the club are deeply frustrated with their player, as well as being angry with the role that his adviser, Kia Joorabchian, is perceived to have played in an interview that also included Tevez questioning the wisdom of Mark Hughes's sacking. Joorabchian has been representing Hughes for the last two months and his once-strong working relationship with City's chief executive, Garry Cook, has deteriorated to the point that sources at the club say the businessman is no longer even welcome in the players' lounge. City's frustration with Tevez stems largely from the fact that they see him as too easily influenced and as a result he has enhanced his reputation as one of the more controversial players in the Premier League."

We always knew Kia Joorabchian was a snake in the grass though, no surprises here.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:43 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

Kia Joorabchian has been representing Hughes? That's interesting stuff.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:29 pm

fuck off kia.

And bad move hughes if you were behind that!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:53 am

johnny crossan wrote:

Who is surprised to see that this Rag twat is trying to cause problems to us in this extremely important time for the Club?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:03 am

So on this occasion you choose to fully believe what is in the press :) Can't think why? :)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:06 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:So on this occasion you choose to fully believe what is in the press :) Can't think why? :)

??????

So are you trying to say Tevez didn't say things he did? There was also Bellamy moaning before the Derby about Hughes sacking. Great attitude and spirit before Derby.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:08 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:So on this occasion you choose to fully believe what is in the press :) Can't think why? :)

??????

So are you trying to say Tevez didn't say things he did? There was also Bellamy moaning before the Derby about Hughes sacking. Great attitude and spirit before Derby.

Haha red rags always work.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john68 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:20 pm

Antti,
At what point will you realise that thr rag media are more than happy to publish shit to whip stuff up and unsettle City..and at what point will you stop picking it up and going with it?

Sorry mate, but it is no coincidence that it is derby week...It'll get worse the more we challenge them.
...and expect the "The natural order in World football has been returned" reports after the game. It's exactly what they said in 1968.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:58 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 638822.stm

If you have a spare 6 mins have a watch. Pleased that both Hughes and Bowen haven't come out and had a go at the club. They have remained professional.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby King Kev » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:38 pm

I can't believe this thread is still alive! I only started it to make a point, well that backfired didn't it!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:29 pm

King Kev wrote:I can't believe this thread is still alive! I only started it to make a point, well that backfired didn't it!

Your momma.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:36 pm

Indeed.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:42 pm

King Kev wrote:I can't believe this thread is still alive! I only started it to make a point, well that backfired didn't it!

Get rid then Lee you know you want to.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby King Kev » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:03 pm

gillie wrote:

Get rid then Lee you know you want to.
Nah, probably best all round if we keep all the obsessives together in one place.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:38 am

King Ethelred the Unready
King Alfred the Great
King Edward the Confessor
King William the Conqueror
King Richard the Lionheart..........and now......

KING KEV THE OBSESSED!!!!....you love it Mate.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby King Kev » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:55 am

john68 wrote:King Ethelred the Unready
King Alfred the Great
King Edward the Confessor
King William the Conqueror
King Richard the Lionheart..........and now......

KING KEV THE OBSESSED!!!!....you love it Mate.
Eh????
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Have there been any stories linking him with Hamburg yet?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum