Is there any chance lads?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Is there any chance lads?

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:20 am

We can give Roberto Mancini the following

A pre-season
A summer transfer window
His own backroom staff ffs
His own squad ffs
Longer than 3 months before everyone starts wanting to get rid of him and the managers job here becomes a posion challice.

Is there any chance we could have some fucking stability for once?

The Sheik is going to spend £200m every 18 months if we carry on.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Is there any chance lads?

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:29 am

That's a question only the owners ( influenced by Marwood /Cook no doubt) can answer. I do hope he gets the chance and for his own benefit Mancini needs to do something to influence that decision which sadly he hasn't managed to do yet.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ashton287 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:33 am

Heres nothing wrong with th team we have qnd the spending from now on will be minimal compared to last summer as we just improve in certain areas, but if we give mancini the transfer window he will spend alot of money and damage the squad so much that by time the sheikh loses patience and sacks him the team will be a fucking shambles and we will have to start all over again

fucking defensive play only works if you can defend well, we are a shambles at the back and any high ball into the box from open play or a set peice and we look like conceding

going forward we are even worse, strikers get the ball given to them and then have no support so end up running into four defenders and either losing thball or passing it back 40feet to the nearest midfielder and starting again its a fucking joke qnd the 1 winger allowed on the pitch at any one time is fucking mind boggling evn more so then taking our left back off and either going 3 at the back or barry playing left back then 15 minutes later bringing sylvinho on.

Someone at city must be able to see this and shout at mancini, were not inter in a fucking imputent italian league that can just sit back and counter and score at will because every other team in the league are shit

incase you havent noticed im of the mind set that he gets till the end of the season and is allowed to do no more damage than he already has, only time weve played decent under him was when he was using hughes squad
Last edited by ashton287 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:34 am

Mancini needs to start convincing people then for him to get all you want him to have.

SHOW US SOMETHING GOOD FFS.

Ps he has got his own backroom team.
Last edited by lets all have a disco on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:35 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:We can give Roberto Mancini the following

A pre-season
A summer transfer window
His own squad ffs
Longer than 3 months before everyone starts wanting to get rid of him and the managers job here becomes a posion challice.

Would you have wanted Alan Ball to be given another season, just for the sake of stability? I see your point, but stability for stability's sake is just as bad as instability.

If he aint the right person, he aint ever gonna be, no matter how long you give him. I'll wait till the end of the season, as no doubt the board will before making that decision, but the signs are not good.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:46 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Mancini needs to start convincing people then for him to get all you want him to have.

I'm sure Brian Kidd and Andy Welsh were his first choice to support him as backroom staff.
the_georgian_genius

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:49 am

johnpb78 wrote:

A pre-season
A summer transfer window
His own squad ffs

Would you have wanted Alan Ball to be given another season, just for the sake of stability? I see your point, but stability for stability's sake is just as bad as instability.

If he aint the right person, he aint ever gonna be, no matter how long you give him. I'll wait till the end of the season, as no doubt the board will before making that decision, but the signs are not good.

using Alan Ball is not really a good comparison.

1. because Alan Ball had never won 3 league titles and 4 cups in a top league
2. because Alan Ball didn't do better than the previous manager on a points per game basis in three months with somebody elses side

Why be prepared to give Hughes time who has achieved fuck all in his career but not Mancini who has achieved more than 95% of manager out there in his short career?
the_georgian_genius

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:51 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Mancini needs to start convincing people then for him to get all you want him to have.

I'm sure Brian Kidd and Andy Welsh were his first choice to support him as backroom staff.

So you would sack those two?

Brian Kidd has won it all in English football as an assistant.
Played for City---TICK.

Andy Welsh was appointed by Jim--Do you doubt him?
Side note the academy is doing just fine,didnt you hear we won a cup recently.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:55 am

lets all have a disco wrote:

Played for City---TICK.

That's not the point, they've known each other for less than two minutes. I'm sure Mancini would love to bring in someone of his own, someone he knows, can trust and be supported with.
the_georgian_genius

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:03 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:

Played for City---TICK.

That's not the point, they've known each other for less than two minutes. I'm sure Mancini would love to bring in someone of his own, someone he knows, can trust and be supported with.

Do you not work with people youve recently met and build up a working relationship quickly because the people who are already in place are very good at their jobs and you understand that?
Anyway im gonna fuck off for a bit and have my lunch this debate will be bollocks.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:08 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

A pre-season
A summer transfer window
His own squad ffs

2. because Alan Ball didn't do better than the previous manager on a points per game basis in three months with somebody elses side

Why be prepared to give Hughes time who has achieved fuck all in his career but not Mancini who has achieved more than 95% of manager out there in his short career?

Personally I don't give a flying fuck what Mancini has impressively achieved in Italy, it means absolutely nothing to me, neither did Hughes' impressive record at Blackburn or Scolari winning the World Cup before he was linked with us then made a twat of himself with Chelsea for that matter, the circumstances for each man were different & they did what they did with the tools at their disposal.

I only care about what he's done in the PL & cups with City, where the circumstances for each man have been very similar. It so far rates as less than fuck all imo & baring in mind the teams we've played, a 90% failure. If he manages the team well in the remainder of the season, he may persuade the owners to give him another chance next season & I won't complain, if that involves playing decent football butif he carries on like he is now, he'll get the sack & I'll be in favour of it.

I think he'll be gone anyway if Mourinho accepts the job, which I'm convinced will be offered.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bluej » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:17 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:Why be prepared to give Hughes time who has achieved fuck all in his career but not Mancini who has achieved more than 95% of manager out there in his short career?

Because Mancini was brought in to get us into 4th. So he was on a limited timescale as it was. He's got until the end of the season (or when it becomes mathematically impossible for us to get into 4th - whichever comes first).
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:25 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Andy Welsh was appointed by Jim--Do you doubt him?

Sorry mate but the acadamy has gone down the shitter this season.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:17 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Andy Welsh was appointed by Jim--Do you doubt him?

Sorry mate but the acadamy has gone down the shitter this season.

Last time i checked we won a youth tournament.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:25 pm

A pre-season
A summer transfer window
His own squad ffs

absolutely not, mancini clearly told the sheik that he could get us into 4th with this current group of players. Mancini was not brought in to setlle in for a year or 2 and then be judged. if he does'nt get 4th then he has failed and should be sacked.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby btajim » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:37 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:I'm sure Brian Kidd and Andy Welsh were his first choice to support him as backroom staff.

-Brian Kidd is the only link between City and the new Gang. Who's to say Mancini wasn't asked if his appointment was satisfactory?
-Welsh was already in the role before Mancini was appointed.

Is your signature ironic, btw? Bellers is one of our best players this season and Robinho is a showpony.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:07 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

A pre-season
A summer transfer window
His own squad ffs

I wasnt prepared to give Hughes time, i'd have fucked him off after 3 months for the Gelson incident alone as that was the single most stupid thing I have ever seen a manager do in a football match, and by xmas my fears were proven.

As for winning titles, bar Sven, none of our managers have had cvs dripping in silverware. Look how he fared from the get go with a team headed for relegation - proves managers CAN make an immediate impact, and proves that this "needs time" nonsence is exactly that, nonsence.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:21 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

A pre-season
A summer transfer window
His own squad ffs

I wasnt prepared to give Hughes time, i'd have fucked him off after 3 months for the Gelson incident alone as that was the single most stupid thing I have ever seen a manager do in a football match, and by xmas my fears were proven.

As for winning titles, bar Sven, none of our managers have had cvs dripping in silverware. Look how he fared from the get go with a team headed for relegation - proves managers CAN make an immediate impact, and proves that this "needs time" nonsence is exactly that, nonsence.

There's far to many people willing to sack managers for fuck all. Your highlighting of the 'Gelson incident' being a perfect example. He tried the bloke at fullback that's all. He's a decent tackler & it wasn't even a particularly controversial move apart from to drama queens on here. He probably had a good reason for thinking he might be ok there due to what he'd seen in training etc. Loads of great managers have tried the same kind of thing with success & failure. Brian Clough put a C forward at C half. If it had failed should he have been sacked?

If ever there was a sacking offense for that it was Sven STARTING a game with Elano there but even that would be a stupid thing to judge a manager's whole competence on. Mistakes happen, even Ferguson makes them.

If the team performs consistantly badly then the manager's role comes into question if he can't fix it. By your standards you would have sacked Ferguson & Howard Kendall before they won the league.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

There's far to many people willing to sack managers for fuck all. Your highlighting of the 'Gelson incident' being a perfect example. He tried the bloke at fullback that's all. He's a decent tackler & it wasn't even a particularly controversial move apart from to drama queens on here. He probably had a good reason for thinking he might be ok there due to what he'd seen in training etc. Loads of great managers have tried the same kind of thing with success & failure. Brian Clough put a C forward at C half. If it had failed should he have been sacked?

If ever there was a sacking offense for that it was Sven STARTING a game with Elano there but even that would be a stupid thing to judge a manager's whole competence on. Mistakes happen, even Ferguson makes them.

If the team performs consistantly badly then the manager's role comes into question if he can't fix it. By your standards you would have sacked Ferguson & Howard Kendall before they won the league.

My main point was driving at this time situation - and yes perhaps I would have been one of the ones to have wanted Fergie out during that 4 year spell.

Difference was, Ferguson didnt have the pick of the world's talent at his disposal when he arrived, and although money was available, it took his a good while to build "his" team so perhaps in light of that I could have been a bit more lenient, as I was with Sven - I would have loved Sven to get a 2nd season because he showed enough glimpses of what was possible if he had the chance.

This is what irks me about this giving time issue, if they show they deserve it, I will back them to the hilt. Sven added a few players who played for him, dragging a team near certs for relegation into the top 4 at xmas. He absolutely deserved an extended shot for this alone, and proved beyond all doubt that if you know what you are doing and get the players playing for you, you CAN make an immediate impact and prove you are worthy of more time and support.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:51 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

My main point was driving at this time situation - and yes perhaps I would have been one of the ones to have wanted Fergie out during that 4 year spell.

Difference was, Ferguson didnt have the pick of the world's talent at his disposal when he arrived, and although money was available, it took his a good while to build "his" team so perhaps in light of that I could have been a bit more lenient, as I was with Sven - I would have loved Sven to get a 2nd season because he showed enough glimpses of what was possible if he had the chance.

This is what irks me about this giving time issue, if they show they deserve it, I will back them to the hilt. Sven added a few players who played for him, dragging a team near certs for relegation into the top 4 at xmas. He absolutely deserved an extended shot for this alone, and proved beyond all doubt that if you know what you are doing and get the players playing for you, you CAN make an immediate impact and prove you are worthy of more time and support.

Ferguson spent the equivalent in money at the time that City & Chelsea did & after several years, still managed to lose 5-1 to Mel Machin & then finish behind Peter Reid. Sven did fine until Christmas & deserved another shot because of the circumstances he was in, Hughes did fine until Christmas & deserved another shot next season if he kept it up til the end of this season but so far Mancini has made the same side look much worse, so needs to improve if he's to be worthy of another go next season.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum