Laughing Stock

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Laughing Stock

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:48 pm

Grob wrote:To be fair, games like Chelsea away are pretty much isolated fixtures. They have a better team and squad than us, they are on their home patch, they rarely drop points at Stamford Bridge.

Yes, they outplayed us for long periods but they outplay everyone at home so an irrelevent point. Yes we were fortunate that they didnt have Cech and they decided to have men sent off.

But, considering it was Chelsea we performed as well defensivly as ive seen anyone do for a while, we looked threatening on the break and we took our chances.

We wont do much better than that at Stamford Bridge for a while.

Reading the last few pages of this topic makes me wonder if all some of you want to do is make smart comments or nitpick other posters incessantly because they thought we were 'brilliant' on saturday.

yr clearly trying to pick a fight. i hope you get what's coming to you.

cheers

P.S. for the record, we blew donkey nuts for the first 40 mins on Saturday, and only a Vassellian goal from Tevez brought us back from the brink. Everyone knows that i think, right? If we approach Arse or Villa or Spurs the same way in the first 40 mins we could be cooked in those matches. A Chelsea fan would surely see that as their worst match of the season i think.

Also, were Wigan world-beaters when they tonked them 3-1 earlier in the season? just sayin.

cheers again
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Grob wrote:To be fair, games like Chelsea away are pretty much isolated fixtures. They have a better team and squad than us, they are on their home patch, they rarely drop points at Stamford Bridge.

Yes, they outplayed us for long periods but they outplay everyone at home so an irrelevent point. Yes we were fortunate that they didnt have Cech and they decided to have men sent off.

But, considering it was Chelsea we performed as well defensivly as ive seen anyone do for a while, we looked threatening on the break and we took our chances.

Reading the last few pages of this topic makes me wonder if all some of you want to do is make smart comments or nitpick other posters incessantly because they thought we were 'brilliant' on saturday.

They do usually outplay everyone & they did with us first half & we were lucky to survive but having survived we played as well as anyone has at their ground 2nd half, deserved to win & I don't think the sendings off affected the result at all apart from perhaps to lose our focus a little bit & save Chelsea from an even bigger hammering.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:57 pm

We are City, we are City,
Super City, from Maine Road.

We are City, we are City,
Super City, from Maine Road.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this song in relation to many statements on this thread?

Answers in the morning, I'm of to bo-be's!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:34 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

P.S. for the record, we blew donkey nuts for the first 40 mins on Saturday, and only a Vassellian goal from Tevez brought us back from the brink. Everyone knows that i think, right? If we approach Arse or Villa or Spurs the same way in the first 40 mins we could be cooked in those matches. A Chelsea fan would surely see that as their worst match of the season i think.

Also, were Wigan world-beaters when they tonked them 3-1 earlier in the season? just sayin.

cheers again

No mate, some people don't see it like that AT ALL. I got called silly and "illinformed" for saying the same thing you did. My support was questioned and there was genuine disbelief that some of us thought we were poor first half and excellent second half.

The ability to say what you see seems to have left some folk at the moment and they look completely blinkered as a result.

I just wish we didn't have this big international break because I'm dying to find out which city will take on Sunderland. If its the first half, we could definitely lose that game because they are now in a relegation fight. If its the second half city, it doesn't matter who we play.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:46 am

Original Dub wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

cheers again

No mate, some people don't see it like that AT ALL. I got called silly and "illinformed" for saying the same thing you did. My support was questioned and there was genuine disbelief that some of us thought we were poor first half and excellent second half.

The ability to say what you see seems to have left some folk at the moment and they look completely blinkered as a result.

I just wish we didn't have this big international break because I'm dying to find out which city will take on Sunderland. If its the first half, we could definitely lose that game because they are now in a relegation fight. If its the second half city, it doesn't matter who we play.

Imo the 2nd half of the Chelsea game was proof that we can do it & I agree; playing like that we could do the same to most teams inc Arsenal away. We have to find a way of playing against teams that won't allow us to counter attack if we're to get 4th place though.
Some teams, even if they're at home, will just sit back & those tactics won't have the same effect until we get a goal in front. If we can solve that problem of nicking the 1st goal without cocking up at the back & then produce that kind of counter attacking we'll be in for a happy end to the season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:13 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

cheers again

Imo the 2nd half of the Chelsea game was proof that we can do it & I agree; playing like that we could do the same to most teams inc Arsenal away. We have to find a way of playing against teams that won't allow us to counter attack if we're to get 4th place though.
Some teams, even if they're at home, will just sit back & those tactics won't have the same effect until we get a goal in front. If we can solve that problem of nicking the 1st goal without cocking up at the back & then produce that kind of counter attacking we'll be in for a happy end to the season.

Word brither Hughes.

Word.
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

cheers again

Word brither Hughes.

Word.

that's right...in additiona, our astonishing inability to play football against teams that won't play football will be our downfall if we don't sort it quickly. I believe if you look back at what we excelled at under Hughes -- it was that counterattacking pace which could get us one up on a break, and then force opponents to chase a goal, thereby falling into our trap. IMHO this team was built for counterattacking pace, and i believe at times we've shown some of the best abillity to do that of any team i've seen all season.

Once Mancini has sorted his own flavor of uhm "Catenaccio" then maybe we'll all be able to shut the fucl up and enjoy some wins on a regular basis. Fingers crossed.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:30 pm

"Once Mancini has sorted his own flavor of uhm "Catenaccio" then maybe we'll all be able to shut the fucl up and enjoy some wins on a regular basis. Fingers crossed."

Halleluja!!
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum