Laughing Stock

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Laughing Stock

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:47 am

Original Dub wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:it would be crazy to call the 1st half crap as we went in on equal terms after "struggling" at "the Bridge".

My thoughts exactly...but then that wouldn't be dramatic enough for the queens on here ;-)

that's fresh coming from a pussy who started a thread saying you were taking a break from the forum and then proceeded to post in that thread for the rest of the day ;-)

Personal insults don't detract from the above...no matter how much you enjoy a little irish gyppo fisticuffs ;-)

Again, that's fresh coming from someone who was on talking about "standing our ground on chester street".

Hard man ;-)

Hahaha...the last word king as usual...I'll let you have it...just reply to this post and victory is yours

However

We still didn't play too bad first half against Chelsea...the fact remains...and this is what the thread is about ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:53 am

Original Dub wrote:
ant london wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Again, that's fresh coming from someone who was on talking about "standing our ground on chester street".

Hard man ;-)

I think you shall find it is Chester Road

fucking plastic cunt ;-)

Thanks mate.

At least I know where to avoid next time I go over ;)

Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:54 am

I was starting to forget what this thread was about....

I thought we were on the road to nowhere in the first half, so did anyone I sopke to that watched the game, as did any pundit I heard. You obviously saw something the rest of us missed, but I suppose football is up for interpretation...

It doesn't make me a fucking drama queen though. I'm only saying what I genuinely felt over the course of the whole game. Fucking delighted overall but RIGHT up to the point when we scored I thought we'd offered no threat whatsoever and they could have been at least two up. You thought it was a good performance, I thought it was game over.
Original Dub

Postby Dronny » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:59 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
ant london wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Hard man ;-)

I think you shall find it is Chester Road

fucking plastic cunt ;-)

Thanks mate.

At least I know where to avoid next time I go over ;)

Is that picture from Lord of the Rings : The return of the President pt 12, cos I can't see Frodo wearing clothes like that in any of the earlier films?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:01 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I think this 'First Half we played shit' bollox is exactly that...complete bollox

We contained them brilliantly IMO and stifled out any momentum they were trying to build up...we didn't let them bully the play and stopped them from creating chances

Yes it wasn't pretty football...but to say we were crap playing against a team that has not lost at home in a year and a half I think is a little harsh

THE COMMENTATORS OVER HERE WERE TALKING BOLLOX THEN...ILL SEND THEM ON YOUR COMMENTS.

FOR THE RECORD WE WERE DIRECTIONLESS THE FIRST HALF..WE JUST SAT BACK AND DID NOTHING TO EVEN SNIFF FOR A GOAL.
ANY TEAM CAN SIT BACK..ANYONE....THE WORST PART WAS WE CONCEDED SO THAT PLAN DIDNT WORK DID IT?????

LIKE SOME HAVE SAID - LETS SEE MORE OF THE SECOND HALF TACTICS IN THE MATCHES TO COME AND WE WILL PETRIFY TEAMS.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john@staustell » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Guys - in criticising us first half you really have to take into account we are playing Chelsea away here.

We will do that from now on though (sit back), so better get used to it. 0-0 at 40 minutes away at Chelsea is good containment in anyone's book, and then an individual error by Kompany let them in. Commentators love to run City down, like in that Liverpool match against their brick wall. Previously we would've lost that.

I'm not entirely sure City magically changed tactics at all, just Chelsea gave way and went to bits, whereas they were tight and really at it for nearly 45 minutes. Our side was well-positioned to take advantage of them. As Bellamy said in his interview 'we just had to hang on in there'. Taking Joe Cole off and bringing Sturridge on (not sure if one for the other) was a tactic which helped us greatly. Sturridge was shite whereas Cole was the only one who looked capable of unlocking the door (like he did).

In fairness under Les we looked our most clueless when trying 'all-out attack' against muppet teams. We need to play on the counter.

The Mancini/Italian style is to stop the other team scoring, then pick them off with lightning counters. He may take a year to the right training/personnel, but that's the way it'll be.

Very noticeable how we are now controlling and passing well, even in a highly-charged game. This game we only went to bits after our 4th, and there are definite signs of improved passing and concentration starting to pay off.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:34 pm

john@staustell wrote:Guys - in criticising us first half you really have to take into account we are playing Chelsea away here.

We will do that from now on though (sit back), so better get used to it. 0-0 at 40 minutes away at Chelsea is good containment in anyone's book, and then an individual error by Kompany let them in. Commentators love to run City down, like in that Liverpool match against their brick wall. Previously we would've lost that.

I'm not entirely sure City magically changed tactics at all, just Chelsea gave way and went to bits, whereas they were tight and really at it for nearly 45 minutes. Our side was well-positioned to take advantage of them. As Bellamy said in his interview 'we just had to hang on in there'. Taking Joe Cole off and bringing Sturridge on (not sure if one for the other) was a tactic which helped us greatly. Sturridge was shite whereas Cole was the only one who looked capable of unlocking the door (like he did).

In fairness under Les we looked our most clueless when trying 'all-out attack' against muppet teams. We need to play on the counter.

The Mancini/Italian style is to stop the other team scoring, then pick them off with lightning counters. He may take a year to the right training/personnel, but that's the way it'll be.

Very noticeable how we are now controlling and passing well, even in a highly-charged game. This game we only went to bits after our 4th, and there are definite signs of improved passing and concentration starting to pay off.

good post mate, besides the highlighted part - he has to get it right NOW. Maybe he already has done?! Please God...

You could be right, perhaps it was just that Chelsea fell to bits and it wasn't tactical at all. However, that would worry me more if that was the case... the thing is, we have to be adaptable - its fine playing like that against Chelsea, but not against Stoke... Look at the way Arsenal played against Chelsea and they got destroyed, yet look at the way they went at Stoke... they went a goal down, like we did, but they kept attacking and playing a passing game. Stoke went down to ten men, as they did against us, but Arsenal persisted with the attacking football and it paid off.

We need to show the big teams that we're not scared of them, as we did second half.... but we need to scare the shit out of the lesser teams from the off IMO.

Adaptability. Lets see if we can do it at Sunderland and then I won't be able to get anything other than giddy :)
Original Dub

Postby john@staustell » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:37 pm

Original Dub wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Guys - in criticising us first half you really have to take into account we are playing Chelsea away here.

good post mate, besides the highlighted part - he has to get it right NOW. Maybe he already has done?! Please God...

You could be right, perhaps it was just that Chelsea fell to bits and it wasn't tactical at all. However, that would worry me more if that was the case... the thing is, we have to be adaptable - its fine playing like that against Chelsea, but not against Stoke... Look at the way Arsenal played against Chelsea and they got destroyed, yet look at the way they went at Stoke... they went a goal down, like we did, but they kept attacking and playing a passing game. Stoke went down to ten men, as they did against us, but Arsenal persisted with the attacking football and it paid off.

We need to show the big teams that we're not scared of them, as we did second half.... but we need to scare the shit out of the lesser teams from the off IMO.

Adaptability. Lets see if we can do it at Sunderland and then I won't be able to get anything other than giddy :)

Quite right mate. The Sunderland game has now taken on great significance. Than the Lord it's not Stoke again!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:06 pm

Original Dub wrote:

What are you trying to prove? That Chelsea win was a fluke?

You claim that you are happy about the result but judging from your posts that don't seem to be the case. Try to be honest and straightforward with your opinions.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:13 pm

What the fuck are you talking about man?

I'm being perfectly honest about my opinions. It was a game of two halves and a FANTASTIC result. I got very drunk because of it. It made my weekend. But it was a game of two halves.

And you of all people should not be preaching about being honest about opinions chief - you haven't had had ONE criticism of any of our performances since the guy took over and that fucking stinks TBH.

I don't know why one or two are trying to get at me and others for pointing out that the style of football in both halves and how we went about our business differed greatly.

You are another who is trying to intimate that I'm not happy that we won, which in turn questions my support and we've been through this before.

Don't EVER fucking question my support for this club just because you refuse to question ANYTHING Mancini does.
Original Dub

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Original Dub wrote:Don't EVER fucking question my support for this club just because you refuse to question ANYTHING Mancini does.

Calm Down Dear...

Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Original Dub wrote:What the fuck are you talking about man?

I'm being perfectly honest about my opinions. It was a game of two halves and a FANTASTIC result. I got very drunk because of it. It made my weekend. But it was a game of two halves.

And you of all people should not be preaching about being honest about opinions chief - you haven't had had ONE criticism of any of our performances since the guy took over and that fucking stinks TBH.

I don't know why one or two are trying to get at me and others for pointing out that the style of football in both halves and how we went about our business differed greatly.

You are another who is trying to intimate that I'm not happy that we won, which in turn questions my support and we've been through this before.

Don't EVER fucking question my support for this club just because you refuse to question ANYTHING Mancini does.

What the fuck are you on about drama queen? "My support for the club"??? What's that about?

You've made bunch of silly silly and illinformed posts after memorable and brilliant win and now come with this crap that has fuck all to do with anything.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Original Dub wrote:What the fuck are you talking about man?

What the fuck are you on about drama queen? "My support for the club"??? What's that about?

You've made bunch of silly silly and illinformed posts after memorable and brilliant win and now come with this crap that has fuck all to do with anything.

Well you did say I "claim to be happy" and I should "try to be honest".... forgive me, but what else could that mean?

You only take what you want from people's posts, that's pretty well known at this stage, but its always going to have the same outcome I'm afraid. What are my silly posts that you refer to? The ones where I say I thought we were flat as fuck in the first half and the Chelsea goal came as no surprise? That I felt we set our stall out very much as we have throughout the whole of this very "indifferent" run?

What exactly have I said wrong Antii? I'm intrigued, because what I said in this thread has not only been agreed by quite a lot of people on here, but by pretty much anyone who watched the game involved in football punditry, whom I respect...

You want me to carry on like you and say that absolutely everything has been great and that from start to finish we looked excellent, well its not going to happen because I'm not lying so as not to offend you my friend.

I'll say it again - what I saw on Saturday was a game of two completely different manchester Cities. The first half and the second half. If we play like the second half we'll get fourth place and I'll be ecstatic. If we play like we have been and like we did in the first half, I think we'll be our own worst enemy and we'll throw away the chance of champions league.Its very important to me and to this club, so whilst I'm hopeful we will produce a lot more of the second half than the first, we'll have to wait and see which one was the real City.

I loved the result, of course I did, I'm a City fan. And that second half was fucking Electrifying!

Why on God's earth some of you chose to believe I was unhappy with the result because I said I wasn't impressed with the first half beggars belief TBH.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:58 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Don't EVER fucking question my support for this club just because you refuse to question ANYTHING Mancini does.

Calm Down Dear...

Is that what you said on Chester Road when you fighting the city cause?
Original Dub

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:02 pm

Original Dub wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Calm Down Dear...

You're mentioning that like I would be insulted ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:03 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Calm Down Dear...

That wasn't a mention, that was a question and why would you feel insulted?

(that's another question BTW)
Original Dub

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Original Dub wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Calm Down Dear...

That wasn't a mention, that was a question and why would you feel insulted?

(that's another question BTW)

Here's a question...are you this confrontational/arguementative in real life? Seriously...I don't think you're happy unless you are ranting!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:19 pm

The answer to that is NO. For some reason on this board, I find it really difficult to let people put words in my mouth and say nothing about it. I also find it difficult to have my support questioned because I say what I see on a football pitch.

Are you as likely to give out about people giving out? Do you moan about moaning all the time? In all honesty mate, from where I'm sitting, it feels a little bit surreal that it should be you having this chat with me, if you don't mind me saying so....
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:24 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I think this 'First Half we played shit' bollox is exactly that...complete bollox

We contained them brilliantly IMO and stifled out any momentum they were trying to build up...we didn't let them bully the play and stopped them from creating chances

Yes it wasn't pretty football...but to say we were crap playing against a team that has not lost at home in a year and a half I think is a little harsh

We did ok for a while keeping them out, then made a mistake & they scored, then we made another mistake & they should have scored again but they fucked it up & the ball was leathered up the other end when Tevez took on their defence on his own & their goalkeeper fucked up. From 0-2 & an impending hammering to 1-1 & almost 2-1 from a set piece. That wasn't planned, it just happened for us.

Nothing would make me happier than to have witnessed a perfect performance but it wasn't. We got it wrong 1st half & brilliantly right in the 2nd. If we'd played the 1st half as well as the 2nd it would have been the best away performance I can remember but we didn't so it wasn't. It was very promising for the future though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Grob » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:37 pm

To be fair, games like Chelsea away are pretty much isolated fixtures. They have a better team and squad than us, they are on their home patch, they rarely drop points at Stamford Bridge.

Yes, they outplayed us for long periods but they outplay everyone at home so an irrelevent point. Yes we were fortunate that they didnt have Cech and they decided to have men sent off.

But, considering it was Chelsea we performed as well defensivly as ive seen anyone do for a while, we looked threatening on the break and we took our chances.

We wont do much better than that at Stamford Bridge for a while.

Reading the last few pages of this topic makes me wonder if all some of you want to do is make smart comments or nitpick other posters incessantly because they thought we were 'brilliant' on saturday.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum