Vieira Charged with Violent Conduct

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Vieira Charged with Violent Conduct

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:25 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 73,00.html

Manchester City midfielder Patrick Vieira has been charged with violent conduct by the Football Association following a challenge on Stoke's Glenn Whelan.

The 33-year-old Frenchman appeared to kick Whelan in the groin as he stumbled to the floor during the first half of City's 1-1 draw at the Britannia Stadium in the Premier League on Tuesday night.

Vieira could face a three-match ban for the challenge, although he can appeal against the decision by 6pm on Thursday.

The FA brought the charge against the midfield battler after reviewing television replays on Wednesday, despite the player not picking up a yellow card in the game.

The case against Vieira, who was sent off 10 times in nine years for former club Arsenal, will be heard by a Regulatory Commission on Friday.

If upheld, he could miss the games against Liverpool at Eastlands and the away trips to Stoke (in the FA Cup) and Chelsea.

bollocks
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Vieira Charged with Violent Conduct

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:28 pm

Wonderwall wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5956073,00.html

Manchester City midfielder Patrick Vieira has been charged with violent conduct by the Football Association following a challenge on Stoke's Glenn Whelan.

The 33-year-old Frenchman appeared to kick Whelan in the groin as he stumbled to the floor during the first half of City's 1-1 draw at the Britannia Stadium in the Premier League on Tuesday night.

Vieira could face a three-match ban for the challenge, although he can appeal against the decision by 6pm on Thursday.

The FA brought the charge against the midfield battler after reviewing television replays on Wednesday, despite the player not picking up a yellow card in the game.

The case against Vieira, who was sent off 10 times in nine years for former club Arsenal, will be heard by a Regulatory Commission on Friday.

If upheld, he could miss the games against Liverpool at Eastlands and the away trips to Stoke (in the FA Cup) and Chelsea.

bollocks

You want him marking Gerrard? Or trying to get past Mascherano and give that "killer pass"?

Fuck that.
Original Dub

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:30 pm

Considering the high regard he has been held to for his latest performances I reckon not too many fans will tear their hair out for this. I, for one, think we would be better off with him, especially because he tries to make things happen with his passes and while not all of them are spot on, he did serve a great assist to Ade against Bolton, he did the same with Santa in the FA Cup but Santa didn't volley it well, etc.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby CityGer » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:36 pm

Blessing in disguise.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Blueboylewis » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:38 pm

Pees me off just a bit how some of you are so quick to make a judgement of how good or bad our players are.

I love you all and i am all for people having opinions but dont judge players so quickly!

But it does annoy me when i see some of you making a decision of one of our players so quickly.
I still think he will turn out to be a good signing.

Just stupid that he would do something like what he did and know that he was going to get a ban for it!
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sweenyuk » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:42 pm

hope he appeals, then he might get 4 games off...
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:42 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:Pees me off just a bit how some of you are so quick to make a judgement of how good or bad our players are.

I love you all and i am all for people having opinions but dont judge players so quickly!

But it does annoy me when i see some of you making a decision of one of our players so quickly.

Just stupid that he would do something like what he did and know that he was going to get a ban for it!

Although I didn't want Vieira signing for us, I do agree with your sentiments. Vieira is a City player and should be supported fully.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:43 pm

On current form it would be no loss whatsoever, however I live in hope that with more games we may see something like the old Vieira
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby razor400 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:52 pm

Its not as if we've got no cover in defensive midfield is it, Just need barry to take a knock and we'll be forced to play attacking football, what ever the fuck that is.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:Pees me off just a bit how some of you are so quick to make a judgement of how good or bad our players are.

Mate its not like he's a young fella who'll come good, he's 33. He has my full support whenever he plays, its just that I don't want him to play because I don't think he's good enough and at 33 can't see him improving.

Also, we may have to get a bit more attack minded without him. He may have passed a good ball to Ade, but Ireland has two assists in two games and two defensive minded mids are plenty for a home game.
Original Dub

Postby trout man » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:10 pm

I think the main reason Mancini brought Vierra to City was his understanding of the game and what he can bring to the team psychologically. IMO I think the game time that Vierra is getting is part of the conditions/deal that Vierra had to come here, because on merit he does not deserve to walk into the team and start games at the moment but that seems to be the case at the displacement of City regulars. I dont think its a bad arrangement but I do think that it has had an initial negative impact on the team and that may be tempered positively over time by what Vierra has to offer.

In respect of his backlash against Whelan he deserves his ban, we would be saying the same if it happened to one of our players.
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:12 pm

trout man wrote:I think the main reason Mancini brought Vierra to City was his understanding of the game and what he can bring to the team psychologically. IMO I think the game time that Vierra is getting is part of the conditions/deal that Vierra had to come here, because on merit he does not deserve to walk into the team and start games at the moment but that seems to be the case at the displacement of City regulars. I dont think its a bad arrangement but I do think that it has had an initial negative impact on the team and that may be tempered over time by what Vierra has to offer.

In respect of his backlash against Whelan he deserves his ban, we would be saying the same if it happened to one of our players.

I was thinking the same thing... well kind of...

So he was bought for his influence. I say let him do the team talks and leave it at that ;-)
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:20 pm

craigmcfc wrote:On current form it would be no loss whatsoever, however I live in hope that with more games we may see something like the old Vieira

YOU MEAN THE YOUNG VIEIRA?
WE ALREADY HAVE THE FUCKING OLD VIEIRA MATE
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:29 pm

part of me thinks this is a bit of a loss. He has played some match winning style passes and i have a feeling Mancini will defo see this as a loss, but hey he is here to deal with that! i just hope it doesnt effect Mancini's thinking.
part of me thinks this is probs a good thing, cos some good passes aside, he has hardly made a 50/50 impression so far. Plus Mancini must now think of something else to help us get up to speed fast.

As the major problem in our play since Goodison is we are playing too deep, and despite the manager and players trying to drag the defence higher up the field it hadn't happened. a question:

in the few games Vieira has played did he seem to have any effect on the team playing higher up the pitch?

i think i have seen that he has had an effect, and has tried to pull the team higher up the pitch.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:On current form it would be no loss whatsoever, however I live in hope that with more games we may see something like the old Vieira

lol. classic
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Walked straight into that one didn't I ?! Tha knows what I meant lad
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:15 pm

Why so fast, is this on the fast-track system?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby branny » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:21 pm

If he's lacking match fitness/sharpness we have a reserve team to get him up to speed. He should not be using what is arguably our most important run of games so far this season to do so. At this stage and with what is at stake we need all 11 players on the pitch at the top of their game (physically at least).
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:03 pm

Cant argue with that. It was stupid and lucky the ref didnt see it.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:16 pm

Might actually force us to be a little more adventurous so could well turn into a positive.

We need to adopt Mike Bassett's mantra - "City will be playin 4-4-effin 2"
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum