Petrov Impressed By The New Boss

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Petrov Impressed By The New Boss

Postby King Kev » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:51 pm

Have we finally found a manager who can keep Petrov happy?

From mcfc.co.uk
Martin Petrov ended a two-month absence from the City side with his customary goal then claimed that his treatment at the hands of former manager Mark Hughes was "unfair".

Roberto Mancini, who succeeded Hughes last weekend, called up Petrov from his exile and the eager Bulgaria winger responded with the opening goal in the 2-0 home victory over Stoke.

Petrov's three previous starts this season were all rewarded with a goal but the unhappy fans' favourite was unable to keep a regular place in Hughes' line-up and said: "Every time I score, I go to the bench!

"Now is not the time to speak about my situation. In the past six months too many things have happened with me. Maybe in the future I will speak 100 per cent. But what he was doing with me I think was unfair.

"We know we can play better but we have trained only four days with the new manager. I think we will get better. We were all a little bit nervous because everybody wanted to show him what they can do.

"I know that I can play better than today. I've not played for two months, and in the second half I was tired. But when I play, I always try to give my best.

"Everyone is surprised at the quick change of manager but we are football players who earn our money and must still concentrate because we have games to play. We must try to win every game, that is our job."

Petrov, who was being linked with a move last summer, admitted that his season has been hugely frustrating despite Premier League goals against West Ham, Wigan and Fulham inside a month.

He said: "I have been away from Bulgaria for ten years, and it's the first time for a long time I've not been playing. But I'm a professional and I grow stronger. If you're not playing, you grow stronger for the next time that you do.

"That is a fantastic win for us - we got three very important points and impressed the manager. Now it's Wolves away, and we've had problems with our concentration away, but we can win."
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Petrov Impressed My The New Boss

Postby Feed The Goat » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:58 pm

He played ok today but proved again that he cant beat his man when he has the ball at his feet.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Petrov Impressed My The New Boss

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:02 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:He played ok today but proved again that he cant beat his man when he has the ball at his feet.

Agreed.
Or defending but that's 4 goals from 4 starts from Petrov.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Re: Petrov Impressed By The New Boss

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:17 pm

He's lost that burst of pace that used to get him past full-backs. He also always looks awkard on the ball cos he refuses to use his right foot (except when he fuclin scores!). Anyway, decent player but he should shut his trap really and get on with it. Like everyone should.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:39 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:He's lost that burst of pace that used to get him past full-backs. He also always looks awkard on the ball cos he refuses to use his right foot (except when he fuclin scores!). Anyway, decent player but he should shut his trap really and get on with it. Like everyone should.

^^^^^^
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Grob » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:17 pm

He added a new dimession to the team today. And it worked. If Petrov gets the ball in the right areas, he produces. This season hes played less than Robinho and produced infinatatly more. He deserves a spot in the team if he carries on like today.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:19 pm

Played very well today but he should leave what ever problems he had with Hughes in the past if you ask me, Hughes has gone now and he should let it go.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Vhero » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:22 am

10.Goater_Legend wrote:Played very well today but he should leave what ever problems he had with Hughes in the past if you ask me, Hughes has gone now and he should let it go.

As should certain posters on here but people just won't mate Hughes chat won't die down for a while yet.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Wooders » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:33 am

had acres of space on the right and I feel he could have made more of it, but hey he scored so maybe I am being over critical
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:33 am

Great to see Petrov back & I think he has a fair point but horrible to see the official site running stories of players moaning about a previous manager. It's another 'lack of class' moment. Will they stick his complaints on there if Mancini drops him?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby King Kev » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:37 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Great to see Petrov back & I think he has a fair point but horrible to see the official site running stories of players moaning about a previous manager. It's another 'lack of class' moment. Will they stick his complaints on there if Mancini drops him?
Agreed. Which is partly why I chose a more positive title for this thread than the OS used.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:54 am

Let's not get carried away on Petrov's behalf. He has played really well basically every match he has played this season. But when all the players are fit and available will he be picked? Will SWP/Ade or RSC get chosen?

Who knows but I will be very interested to see what Petrov says if he isn't picked when all are back.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:14 pm

Once again the best player on the pitch. He has a point about being MOTM on several occasions last year then being benched.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby ronk » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:51 pm

I hadn't noticed that Petrov hadn't played in two months. He very much slipped off the radar and he really is an excellent player.

Nice to see that everyone has a clean slate.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby irblinx » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:01 pm

Grob wrote:He added a new dimession to the team today. And it worked. If Petrov gets the ball in the right areas, he produces. This season hes played less than Robinho and produced infinatatly more. He deserves a spot in the team if he carries on like today.

he's played less than Robinho? Are you sure?
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Return to The Maine Football forum