Thoughts on Bellers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thoughts on Bellers

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:22 pm

City denied today he handed in a transfer request.

But judging by what Bobby said, I think and hope Bellers just came to him probably outlining his loyalty to hughes and upset at the way that he was treated. Bobby said something along the lines of ''after 10 minutes it was done, he was fine. Two days and Craig will be fine".
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: Thoughts on Bellers

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:30 pm

Bellers would do well to remember who pays his wages.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beeks » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:34 pm

Bellers will be fine...we need to keep him sweet...really don't want him going in January...he's in the form of his life and brings so much to the team
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:35 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Bellers will be fine...we need to keep him sweet...really don't want him going in January...he's in the form of his life and brings so much to the team

Captain when Toure fucks off in Jan?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CitizenYank » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:35 pm

sky reported the transfer request on the news ticker.... then reported the denial a couple of minutes later.
do they have to have a legitimate source to print anything nowadays.

If Bellers wants to go, it wouldn't surprise me, this seems to be a pattern in his career. But I would think twice--if I were him, since he hasn't been this healthy or played this consistently in his entire career.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Beeks » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:38 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Bellers will be fine...we need to keep him sweet...really don't want him going in January...he's in the form of his life and brings so much to the team

Would be a good move to allay his fears...but can he stay fit enough to be a regular captain?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby One cap Whitey » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:40 pm

The players will be more bothered about getting on with Mancini than what happened to Hughes. Even those closest to him are experienced enough to know that managers come and go.

As harsh as it seems, Hughes is yesterdays news now.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:42 pm

Bellamy signed a 4 1/2 year contract. Bellamy received a massive pay increase when he joined. Who in their right minds is going to match that offer for a man now in his fourth decade ?

Without doubt he has played very well this year. He's not my sort of player though, always moaning and giving his opinions to anyone that will listen. He also goes missing in games ( but we should leave isse to Robinho eh ?). It didn't surprise me to hear that he may have had a confrontational meeting with Cook. However, he's not irreplaceable and more importantly as Danny Mills is an example, players that don't fit the mould can be left to rust and fade away.

As far as being irreplaceable, I guess Man Cini and Kiddo will be drumming that into all the handbags/bling brigade this week.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:43 pm

I would be the same as bellers though. He'll be thinking a new continental coach comes in and may favour lazy players like Robinho and Ade no matter how hard he works or how hard is form is. That isn't fair and hopefully isnt the case. Hopefully there is no interference with the owners and there star players.

Mancini seemed to be a similar character as a player though so hopefully all is well.

One of the quotes from a 'source' said mancini wants 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and NO attackers. And i thought 2 x midfielders?! Who would drop out.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:43 pm

zuricity wrote:

Bellamy signed a 4 1/2 year contract. Bellamy received a massive pay increase when he joined. Who in their right minds is going to match that offer for a man now in his fourth decade ?

Without doubt he has played very well this year. He's not my sort of player though, always moaning and giving his opinions to anyone that will listen. He also goes missing in games ( but we should leave that issue to Robinho eh ?). It didn't surprise me to hear that he may have had a confrontational meeting with Cook. However, he's not irreplaceable and more importantly as Danny Mills is an example, players that don't fit the mould can be left to rust and fade away.

As far as being irreplaceable, I guess Man Cini and Kiddo will be drumming that into all the handbags/bling brigade this week.

Edit : sorry about the duplicate, a little gremlin on my machine i think
Last edited by zuricity on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:44 pm

MaseCTID wrote:

I'd have him as captain tomorrow. Love Bellers. The club should do everything they can to get his mind back focused on playing his heart out for the club. He's been by a long way our player of the season so far.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Twobob » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:48 pm

I am fairly certain he said his piece as he's not the type to hold back his feelings - also I assume that Mancini is well equipt to hear him out and to apease him within reason.

Unless he's injured I cant imagine Bellers not plahying on Sat.

The Transfer stuff isthe same bullshit theyve been spewing out for a long while about us and doesnt register.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:49 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:

I'd have him as captain tomorrow. Love Bellers. The club should do everything they can to get his mind back focused on playing his heart out for the club. He's been by a long way our player of the season so far.

Funny you should mention the Captaincy. I would never have thought Toure would be given it, also I don't think Bellamy is the right person.

I rather expected Barry to be given the nod. Perhaps he ( Barry ) did too, maybe that's why he seems to be so lethargic ? Broken promises when he signed ? Who knows, i certainly don't, but I'd love to find out what's wrong with Barry, he has been a big disappointment since he signed.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:53 pm

zuricity wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:

Funny you should mention the Captaincy. I would never have thought Toure would be given it, also I don't think Bellamy is the right person.

I rather expected Barry to be given the nod. Perhaps he ( Barry ) did too, maybe that's why he seems to be so lethargic ? Broken promises when he signed ? Who knows, i certainly don't, but I'd love to find out what's wrong with Barry, he has been a big disappointment since he signed.

GROIN INJURY OF SORTS ISNT IT?

WOULD MAKE SENSE AS HE,S BEEN VERY LETHARGIC.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby edge275 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:54 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:

GROIN INJURY OF SORTS ISNT IT?

WOULD MAKE SENSE AS HE,S BEEN VERY LETHARGIC.

Hopefully Mancini will have him off for his op and get him 100% fit again instead of playing him every week.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:56 pm

zuricity wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:

Yeh I expected him to be captain when he signed. I was surprised when Toure got it, but i've seen nothing in Barry's performances on this pitch that would suggest he is a leader and would warrant giving it to him now. He's seemed quiet.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:59 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:

Yeh I expected him to be captain when he signed. I was surprised when Toure got it, but i've seen nothing in Barry's performances on this pitch that would suggest he is a leader and would warrant giving it to him now. He's seemed quiet.

YOU WOULDNT BE VERY VOCAL IF YOUR GROIN WAS PAINFUL WOULD YOU?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:01 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:

I respectfully wouldn't. He is one of our brighter lights at present, and I would rather his good form continue, than possibly see it wane due to the added responsibility as Captain.

You can still be a team leader without being a captain....and that is what Bellers is.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:02 pm

I also didnt expect toure to get the nod.

I wouldnt have bellamy as the captain purely because he needs someone to calm him down and stop him getting sent off.

As I said, from saturdays match-changing leadership performance, i'd give it to kompany (but I was laughed at for saying that). Barry has been equally as much of a let down as Toure. Kompany may not play every game, So i''d go with de jong. But again he may not always play at home. Stevie has been off the boil, Given is a keeper. Other option could be tevez? But language problems are too big of an issue.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:03 pm

Just give it to Nige and lets be done with it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum