Thoughts on Bellers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Thoughts on Bellers

Postby shawzy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:03 pm

zuricity wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Bellers will be fine...we need to keep him sweet...really don't want him going in January...he's in the form of his life and brings so much to the team

Bellamy signed a 4 1/2 year contract. Bellamy received a massive pay increase when he joined. Who in their right minds is going to match that offer for a man now in his fourth decade ?

Without doubt he has played very well this year. He's not my sort of player though, always moaning and giving his opinions to anyone that will listen. He also goes missing in games ( but we should leave isse to Robinho eh ?). It didn't surprise me to hear that he may have had a confrontational meeting with Cook. However, he's not irreplaceable and more importantly as Danny Mills is an example, players that don't fit the mould can be left to rust and fade away.

As far as being irreplaceable, I guess Man Cini and Kiddo will be drumming that into all the handbags/bling brigade this week.

Since he signed hes been astounding.I think most Prem managers would have him in a shot.
Might sound crazy but after what bellers did to the rag defense in the derby and Giggs near the end of his career i think SAF would fancy him in his team also.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Bellers will be fine...we need to keep him sweet...really don't want him going in January...he's in the form of his life and brings so much to the team

Captain when Toure fucks off in Jan?

I'd have him as captain tomorrow. Love Bellers. The club should do everything they can to get his mind back focused on playing his heart out for the club. He's been by a long way our player of the season so far.

Funny you should mention the Captaincy. I would never have thought Toure would be given it, also I don't think Bellamy is the right person.

I rather expected Barry to be given the nod. Perhaps he ( Barry ) did too, maybe that's why he seems to be so lethargic ? Broken promises when he signed ? Who knows, i certainly don't, but I'd love to find out what's wrong with Barry, he has been a big disappointment since he signed.

Yeh I expected him to be captain when he signed. I was surprised when Toure got it, but i've seen nothing in Barry's performances on this pitch that would suggest he is a leader and would warrant giving it to him now. He's seemed quiet.

YOU WOULDNT BE VERY VOCAL IF YOUR GROIN WAS PAINFUL WOULD YOU?[/quote]

I would, i'd be screaming my head off!
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Twobob » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:11 pm

Toure for capt was a surprise for me too - I also thought Barry was a Shoe-in for it when Dunnie left - Not sure about Bellers though, he doesnt need the arm band to bark orders out and it may detract from his game.

Be interesting to see if Mancini changes this (this was the edit btw)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:27 pm

"Robinho is a fantastic player, but I have five or six who play in attack and who are very good. We can play in different formations. I always played in attack, and for me that's most important.

LEGEND!

Robby is not bigger than MCFC, regardless of what the arabs think.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Slim » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:28 pm

Bellers will be trying to make the change have as very little impact as possible, he is coming to the end of his career playing the best football he has ever played, I think he is smart enough to know the less disruption the better for him personally. God I hope his spot isn't handed to Robinho based on reputation.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:03 pm

Nick wrote:

What gives you that idea? Just because they decided to sack a manager after 18 months of highs and lows?
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:05 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Nick wrote:

What gives you that idea? Just because they decided to sack a manager after 18 months of highs and lows?

Don't waste your time mate. For some unfathomable reason, some people are determined to demonise our record signing at all costs. Death by a thousand slurs...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby edge275 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:08 pm

Socrates wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:
Nick wrote:

Don't waste your time mate. For some unfathomable reason, some people are determined to demonise our record signing at all costs. Death by a thousand slurs...

I'm confident Mancini will get the best out of Robinho.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Burt » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:09 pm

edge275 wrote:
Socrates wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:
Nick wrote:

I hope you're correct mate.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby aaron bond » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:12 pm

edge275 wrote:
Socrates wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:
Nick wrote:

Hopefully he'll get the best out of all of our players! The majority of the squad have been underperforming for the past 18 months so let's hope Mancini can get them all playing to their full potential again.

Aside from Bellers, Given, Ireland and perhaps Tevez, most of the squad's form has been inconsistent as Hughes clearly wasn't getting the best from them. We're still 6th though, so will be great to see what we can achieve if our new manager can get all the players fired up!
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:48 pm

bellamy can whinge with the best, but he puts in a passionate and hard working shift every time. Heart on the sleave stuff that every fan wants to see, especially in the form he is in at the moment.

Having said that, I wouldnt want him as club captain.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum