Training Monday 21/12

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Monday 21/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:40 pm

was interesting. Obviously inside the fence and as usual Bellers was out first and closely followed by Petrov. Not sure exactly who was there but it was clear that Adebayor wasn't. Probably with an injury. Extra security evident today as well as 3 bouncers were parading around the fencing to make sure nobody got up to anything.Initially we were told that Mancini was there but not outside but he must have sneaked out later and was fully involved in the training.

The 3 bouncer guys were great at their job as they walked around the fence a couple of times but always seemed to slow to a stop at where they could watch inside :) That just gave Lewis enough time to look over the fence from a lovely spot on top of a gate.So Lewis is best placed to give some detail of what happened.

The little I saw was a replica of what I have seen for a long time now. Some defensive work where the team worked as a unit to close down plus some attacking play involving quick one touch play and finishing with crosses and a finish. Didn't always work as in the past but it will have been much more about Mancini and Kidd getting to see the players first hand a seeing how the perform.

It was a little less intense than in the past but that will lergely have been about communication. I think we saw this afternoon that his english is pretty good but maybe not ideal for shouting instructions all around a pitch. Kidd seemed close at hand much of the time and definitely speaking closely with individuals at times.

Whilst the attacking plays were being worked on( involving Tevez/Robi/Bellers/Petrov/RSC/Benjani/Weiss) there was separate work at the far end of the pitch for other players. Mostly I saw just warm up type exercises but I know also there was plenty of pass and move stuff which again would have been useful to see for the new pairing. 2 other Italians I belive were overseeing this but I don't know names yet.

Anyway over to Lewis in case he can add some more detail from his special main stand seat.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Monday 21/12

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:51 pm

How was the moral? Any players sulking?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:54 pm

thanks, seem so strange, you goin to keep at it doug yeah?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:56 pm

Are you taking italian lessons Doug? It may be difficult to get behind the curtain now with all the changes :-( We need to try and get Miss Kloss to get an audience with Cookie monster.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Twobob » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:36 pm

I have a 1920's gangster outfit I got for a fancy dress - you could borrow that Doug and you may get behined the Iron Curtain ;-)

Cheers Dougie - with anyluck Mr Kidd is in the know about the request for a Pass :-)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Beeks » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Ciao Doug...Gratzi!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby edge275 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:43 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Ciao Doug...Gratzi!

Someone needs to take a picture of Gary Cook in the nack when he's coming out the shower. A bit of photoshop with some dogs and he'll have his pass in no time.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Blueboylewis » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:37 pm

cheers doug. Yes i had a very nice view from that gate. Anyway, onto the report. Mine wont be as good but oh well hey. All seemed a bit quiet and calm as would have been expected just after a change in management. The players just did the professional thing and got on with the job. Bellamy was fine and it is probably just the papers writing crap as always! As doug pointed out they concentrated on defensive and attaling drills. One was when the coach was moving sideways with the ball and the defensive line moved across as a unit moving in the direction of the ball. The keepers were in the corner practising there catching and so on and that is about it.. I can not make it tomorrow doug as i have a dentist appointment! But i will be able to come on wednesday and whenever else if that is ok please mate. Send me a pm or something doug and i will talk to you from there. But overall a pretty quiet session but it will get better.
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:41 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:One was when the coach was moving sideways with the ball and the defensive line moved across as a unit moving in the direction of the ball.

Thanks for the reports Dougie and Lewis, however, if we have had to revert to what you said there, then God help us!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:20 pm

Cheers Lewis. I will try to find out tomorrow whether they will train on Wednesday but I might not be able to.

Yes I certainly will keep going along. I still need the exercise and unless I am formally barred who knows what will happen. It is clear now why I haven't heard from Vicky Kloss as she obviously had more important things to focus on.

That defensive drill is pretty standard stuff. Obviously the defensive side is key to success or failure but from everything we have witnessed this year it's much more about concentration than anything else.Some organisational stuff but defenders just doing their jobs and not miskicking in front of goal and leaving the man they were told to mark or.... there are plenty of mistakes we could highlight.

We shall have to wait and see.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Biamp » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:02 am

Thanks Doug and Lewis for the report, and hope there will be better training sessions as the Stoke game coming up pretty fast.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:10 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Blueboylewis wrote:One was when the coach was moving sideways with the ball and the defensive line moved across as a unit moving in the direction of the ball.

Thanks for the reports Dougie and Lewis, however, if we have had to revert to what you said there, then God help us!

Funny you should say that Beefy, as I've noticed top defensive teams doing a similar thing in matches. Maybe it's better than our previous randomness eh, or at least a start?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:36 am

john@staustell wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Funny you should say that Beefy, as I've noticed top defensive teams doing a similar thing in matches. Maybe it's better than our previous randomness eh, or at least a start?

It's a standard approach and one that City have worked on in training a lot in the past.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to The Maine Football forum