Press Conference

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Press Conference

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:15 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Cook: fucking hopeless

Press: fucking hopeless & annoying.

Mancini: played a straight bat & obviously wanted to talk football but wasn't being allowed to. Good points were that in answer to Henry Winter with the only football question, he says he wants to play attacking football & use different systems rather than being rigid, which will do for me. Perhaps some of the local journos or the club website can ask him more details about his football philosophy which is all we're fucking interested in rather than trawling over crap about who spoke to whom etc.

Yeh I thought Mancini did really well in difficult circumstances, and thats all I was interested in to be honest.
Cook was as I expected and as he always is, was totally cringe worthy and irritating to listen to. And you just get the feeling that its a constant stream of bullshit that pours out of the guys mouth.

I liked what I heard from Mancini though. I went over to his interview on the official page as well which gives a much better footballing sense of the guy. Looking forward to see how they line up against Stoke.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby sweenyuk » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:17 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:whoever asked the question about rory delaps long throws should be banned for life.

I get the feeling that question was to establish Mancini's knowledge of the prem ahead of the next game. The fact that he was able to answer showed the hack to be the fool
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Twobob » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:20 pm

I think Cooks lack of experiance with how the press deal with football clubs showed today - he actually seemed shocked and pissed off that parts of the press, not long ago - were questioning if Hughes was good enough and the exact same Journo's were critising the change of management.

Lesson 1 for Cook - The press and most of Football are two face clunts and should never be trusted!

First time I've posted about hughes/manchini but I'm pretty excited about the new guy, same how I felt when we had KK on board!

SSN is also a pisstake and so is BBC new northwest - Only Cheesy said anything sensible, the reporter sounded like a rag tw@t and the knobs that write into SSN need decapitating (sp?) one WUM - and they fucking read this shit out - said "I'm not supporting City anymore, I'm going to support U****d"

Friggin Nonces!

Great to be back home though :-)
Last edited by Twobob on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:20 pm

And another thing

Did anyone else watch it on SSN, the bottom Newsline keeps saying that Hughes has been called up as cover for Ricky Ponting for the third test!!
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:25 pm

Twobob wrote:I think Cooks lack of experiance with how the press deal with football clubs showed today - he actually seemed shocked and pissed off that parts of the press, not long ago - were questioning if Hughes was good enough and the exact same Journo's were critising the change of management.

Lesson 1 for Cook - The press and most of Football are two face clunts and should never be trusted!

First time I've posted about hughes/manchini but I'm pretty excited about the new guy, same how I felt when we had KK on board!

SSN is also a pisstake and so is BBC new northwest - Only Cheesy said anything sensible, the reporter sounded like a rag tw@t and the knobs that write into SSN need decapitating (sp?) one WUM - and they fucking read this shit out - said "I'm not supporting City anymore, I'm going to support U****d"

Friggin Nonces!

Great to be back home though :-)

Yeh I saw that. As if? Like any City fan wrote that in. I like the way they only read out negative emails. You mean to tell me that no one wrote in saying they were excited about Mancini? SSN is such a joke.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby kinkylola » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:56 pm

my mind was boggled, hearing people talk about how it was pathetic that he needed a translator. Fact is, I'm sat here in the USA, and I needed a translator to understand half the shit from the journo's ... that's not even mentioning what I have to do to understand the bile coming off of talkshite.

Mancini came across more clearly.

Currently trying to decipher half of what collymore is mouthing off about. Winter break it would seem.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ruralblue » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:19 pm

Thought Cooks statement and ramblings didn't do the guy any favours and babbled on for far to long. Felt a bit for Mancini as the press were trying to trip him up, though with his level of Ebglish I felt he did very well and hopefully his aim of top four would be brilliant dream for us all.

but wtf - Rbbie Savage, please Roberto do not bring him any where near our club.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Michael Dagley » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:21 pm

I thought the press were a disgrace as usual, i did though think the press officer (female?) couldnt handle a piss up in a brewery!!

Cook did ok, at the end of the day he is the CEO and has to address it this way, he talked a lot of sense but did show cracks when challenged and on a big stage that aint good!

Bob was awesome IMO, he oozed carisma and i would be interested if anyone in the know from todays 1st training session knows how it went?
Michael Dagley
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Postby ruralblue » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Oh and in the words of Ms Rural - 'fuck me Jim lad he's a sweety' followed five minutes later by 'actually he's fit as fuck Jimbob, but han't he got a small mouth' :-) - Small mouth small tongue Mr Mancini don't think Ms Rural loves ya anymore :-p
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Slim » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:23 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:And another thing

Did anyone else watch it on SSN, the bottom Newsline keeps saying that Hughes has been called up as cover for Ricky Ponting for the third test!!

Are they holding out for a draw?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby marvin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:27 pm

HAve only seen brief highlights on SSN, but from what I have seen Garry Cook was remarkably restrained.

I was a little disappointed in Mancini. Not by what he said. These things are just full of trite comments and cliches. I was worried by his hesitancy and poor english. I think the media have been hostile to the club now, but it's only going to get worse

Cook talked about the club not having any conspiracies, and they just wanted to work efficiently and quickly to appoint a new manager, but the media definitely have something against us. Don't give them any ammunition.
marvin
De Jong's Tackle

Postby edge275 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:31 pm

some of the press conference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aht5bxlJMzQ
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Bear60 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:33 pm

Michael Dagley wrote:I thought the press were a disgrace as usual, i did though think the press officer (female?) couldnt handle a piss up in a brewery!!

Cook did ok, at the end of the day he is the CEO and has to address it this way, he talked a lot of sense but did show cracks when challenged and on a big stage that aint good!

Bob was awesome IMO, he oozed carisma and i would be interested if anyone in the know from todays 1st training session knows how it went?

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=28856
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby irblinx » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:34 pm

edge275 wrote:I've just seen Cook on SSN. I thought he came across very well. He was very assertive and firm. He took it to the gutter press.

What you saw on SSN was his outburst later on, his reading of a prepared statement was laughable, full of pauses and uncertainty. The statement itself wasn't too bad and certainly reads better than he made it sound. Hearing the later rant in context after the first one just made him sound like a spoilt kid. They should've had Khaldoon come over to read the statement, he'd have had them eating out of his hand
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Scatman » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:35 pm

Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby edge275 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:35 pm

irblinx wrote:
edge275 wrote:I've just seen Cook on SSN. I thought he came across very well. He was very assertive and firm. He took it to the gutter press.

What you saw on SSN was his outburst later on, his reading of a prepared statement was laughable, full of pauses and uncertainty. The statement itself wasn't too bad and certainly reads better than he made it sound. Hearing the later rant in context after the first one just made him sound like a spoilt kid. They should've had Khaldoon come over to read the statement, he'd have had them eating out of his hand

I've just seen the prepared statement. Saw nothing wrong in it I thought he was quite composed.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:40 pm

Michael Dagley wrote:I thought the press were a disgrace as usual, i did though think the press officer (female?) couldnt handle a piss up in a brewery!!

Definitely a female. Do you have trouble telling the difference?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby irblinx » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:42 pm

edge275 wrote:
irblinx wrote:

I've just seen the prepared statement. Saw nothing wrong in it I thought he was quite composed.

Seriously? He was a bumbling idiot. No charisma either, as I said the statement itself was very straightforward and covered most of the crap that the press has been talking. Maybe he should have read it and then left the conference as there really was no need for him to but in again to just repeat his points, it doesn't matter how many times he says it the press will still make up what they like and why the hell would the press all pull together to make the club better? Most of them would prefer us to fall flat on our faces.

Mancini though was spot on, having an interpreter there was sensible in case his English let him down, i.e. he missed some slight nuance of on of the hounds loaded questions and he did a great job.
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:56 pm

I wasn't suprised that after Cooks opening statement these "journalists" proceeded to completely ignore the facts and the rules of the press conference. I expect nothing from them other than this. Also, in reply to a previous poster who thought they heard something from this shower of shit, I have just watched it again, and after Mancini is asked about Erikkson he says "Sven told me Manchester City is a fantastic club" to which someone said "so-so". I played it back three times. If you think we are "so-so" then thats your opinion pal but keep it to yourself at a City press conference.
Bianchi on Ice

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:13 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:I wasn't suprised that after Cooks opening statement these "journalists" proceeded to completely ignore the facts and the rules of the press conference. I expect nothing from them other than this. Also, in reply to a previous poster who thought they heard something from this shower of shit, I have just watched it again, and after Mancini is asked about Erikkson he says "Sven told me Manchester City is a fantastic club" to which someone said "so-so". I played it back three times. If you think we are "so-so" then thats your opinion pal but keep it to yourself at a City press conference.

If thats the case about the "so-so" bit why the f#ck do let these c#nts any where nere the club. We should ban the twat from future events.
They showed a total lack of respect towards the club today, I know that there are questions that needed to be answered but when they had already been told that it was for Mancini to introduced to the press as the manager they still kept up with presure.
Can you see that going on not so far down the road, like bugger would it.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum