Cook & Marwood

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Cook & Marwood

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:52 pm

Colin the King wrote:I really dislike Cook as I've said before- to me he embodies everything that's wrong with modern football. I can imagine him lauding Hughes when in the same room as him, as I'm sure he did with Dunnie. He probably chokes laughing at us when he's in the safety of his own living room, the little sheep who shut up and wag their tongues as soon as they roll out another tacky marketing campaign.

I'm sure he's brilliant at selling shoes and licking up to potential investors- not a football man at all though.

Tin hat at the ready.

100% agree, i would like to see the back of cook an marwood
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:07 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Well that press conference will make the press go after him forever more. Cook has just effectively put a noose around his neck with all that table bashing at the journos!

Strange old display that wasn't it? Looks like the pressure is starting to show. I doubt the powers that be are too happy with the bad press that all this has brought on the club. Cook's handled this whole thing really badly.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:16 pm

Fuck marwood off. He started all this IMO.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby CitizenYank » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:30 pm

Cook looked like someone had shived him up his rear end at the press conference.
Was it the chairman or did he just fall on his own bad publicity

..... the whole situation has the air of a monkeys tea party.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby shawzy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:36 pm

Cooke was a total cock today..Rolling his tongue round his lips like a lizard,slapping his hand repeatedly on the table.Stuttering his words.He didnt have a clue how to address the press, and why avoid simple questions?
I felt sorry for Mancini sat next to the prick.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:08 pm

Anyone got a link for the unvieling as I was otherwise engaged.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mike J » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:13 pm

whilst i agree that hughes had to go i think the way it happened was a disgrace. im no hughes fan but he did not deserve that at all. infact i feel quite sorry for him. pure humiliation. in terms of PR its been a disaster.

i cannot stand cook, i think he is a snake. i hope he and marwood are next to go.

truly hope mancini is the man.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Grob » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:17 pm

Cook sure did bottle it today. He should have taken what was coming from the press. I and im sure all of you would have respected him more if he had than we do right now.

Im not privy to the inner workings of the club but when you hear more and more from cook, the more and more you realise he has no idea about the football side of this business.

He wont be here much longer and when he goes, Marwood will likely follow being as hes a cook appointment.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:02 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Anyone got a link for the unvieling as I was otherwise engaged.

Dont bother mate, it was very messy. Press only interested in Hughes, whose results they've been slating for 2 months, in a pre-prepared onslaught on City.

And if anyone wants to know who ate all the pies, the translator is yer man!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:36 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Seems like the press have decided to give Shiekh Mansour and Khladoon the benefit of the doubt but are sharpening their knives for these two, especially Cook. They build up a big enough campaign then mud (deserved or not) will eventually stick.

My money is on one of these two or both to be the next people (outside of playing staff) to leave the club within the next 12 months.

Well after the way the press has been against CITY - fuck em - ignore all they say - do not give them what they want
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Patrick » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:50 am

Grob wrote:Cook sure did bottle it today. He should have taken what was coming from the press. I and im sure all of you would have respected him more if he had than we do right now.

Im not privy to the inner workings of the club but when you hear more and more from cook, the more and more you realise he has no idea about the football side of this business.

He wont be here much longer and when he goes, Marwood will likely follow being as hes a cook appointment.

But Cook isnt there for his football acumen - I do think he is the Sheiks messenger though and is unfairly shot on a regular basis

The bloke is here to transform much of the non pitch activities and the changes we have seen over the last year or two in that area is pretty successful imho
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby salford city » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:07 am

Spot on Patrick. Cook was there yesterday to fire the bullets for the owners. It is clear that our owners ae not to be fucked with. Yesterday to me was very much about the owners stating that 'This is what we have decided and these are the reasons' The press just want the angle of Mancini being appointed whilst Leslie was still in post and wouldn't leave it alone. Cook should have kept to re-iterating the point - that's the only thing that I would have picked him up on.

They'll all be back to being all over us again on Boxing Day and who can blame them as we are still the hottest ticket in town
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:16 am

Colin the King wrote:I really dislike Cook as I've said before- to me he embodies everything that's wrong with modern football. I can imagine him lauding Hughes when in the same room as him, as I'm sure he did with Dunnie. He probably chokes laughing at us when he's in the safety of his own living room, the little sheep who shut up and wag their tongues as soon as they roll out another tacky marketing campaign.

I'm sure he's brilliant at selling shoes and licking up to potential investors- not a football man at all though.

Tin hat at the ready.

I was typing long winded response to this when site crashed.

In nutshell, I fully agree. I got loads of shit for saying it before but he is a slimy bastard. Perhaps that's exactly what this club needs on financial side but hell freezes over TWICE before I start trusting people like him. Top businessman for sure but not a football man at all.

I also believe that he is here for short term anyway. To set up business plan and get the marketing side going. I'm sure he will move to pastures new (probably to tobacco industry or something like that) in few years time.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wooders » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:22 am

Cook made an absolute cock out of himself yesterday. When Mancini revealed there had been an initial discussion between him and Khaldoon a fortnight ago, that was a moment for honesty, not worming your way out of it by contradicting what he is saying

I hear lots of good things about cook so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but yesterday was a massive cock up and it was all down to him
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Grob » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Patrick wrote:
Grob wrote:Cook sure did bottle it today. He should have taken what was coming from the press. I and im sure all of you would have respected him more if he had than we do right now.

But Cook isnt there for his football acumen - I do think he is the Sheiks messenger though and is unfairly shot on a regular basis

The bloke is here to transform much of the non pitch activities and the changes we have seen over the last year or two in that area is pretty successful imho

Why is he continually sent out infront of the press to discuss football matters then? Are the owners trying to make a fool out of him?
Grob

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum