Players Revolt in the papers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Players Revolt in the papers

Postby AlanBallsHat » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:33 am

More of it..

Money talks. A lot of managers will be interested in being at the club with the biggest transfer budget.

Also good managers lose their jobs all the time......
AlanBallsHat
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: That Blue team
My favourite player is: The Shauns

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:34 am

lythamblue wrote:
AlanBallsHat wrote:
lythamblue wrote:
Tell me ..... why would someone want to leave a top job and join us?

They will already be earning loads of that anyway!

Give me another reason.

MANAGING THE RICHEST CLUB IN THE WORLD THAT HASNT WON ANYTHING FOR DONKEYS YEARS ISNT A REASON?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Colin the King » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:20 am

The papers, about six weeks ago, also came out with a headline that Tevez was getting tired of football and was thinking about packing it in- six weeks later he's our top scorer and on fire. Take everything with a pinch of salt- and pay most attention to 3pm on Saturday if you want a true indication of how our players feel.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby JonnyAsh » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:21 am

Taking the original question, there's bound to be a bit of uncertainty within the dressing room, however with the exeption of GIVEN and TEVEZ, if anyone else wanted to go,as far as my own feelings go, then so be it. BELLERS maybe the most pissed off, and I'd love him to stay, but if Hughes goes to another club soon, he will surely make a bid for him, and I'm sure he would follow.

as far as everyone else is concerned, I'm not sure why IRELAND in particular would be gutted, as surely he would be given the same opportunity under any manager. The rest are not exactly engrained into City folklore, but in any event, these situations usually blow up a storm cloud, mostly fired up by the press, and invaribly calm down within a couple of weeks.
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby CityGer » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:40 pm

Telegraph reporting that they believe Bellamy has put in a transfer request.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... cking.html
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby s1ty m » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:43 pm

CityGer wrote:Telegraph reporting that they believe Bellamy has put in a transfer request.

city need to fix that, he's by some margin our best player this season.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:50 pm

I can't see that being true, why would he really. He is now at a club that have a very good chance of pushing forward and winning thing's, at his stage in life this has to be the best chance he will ever get.
I know that he will be pissed because of the last few day's but to such a level that he would commit career suicide.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:10 pm

s1ty m wrote:
CityGer wrote:Telegraph reporting that they believe Bellamy has put in a transfer request.

The fact that it was by SOME MARGIN as you say, speaks volumes for how much the rest of them have underperformed.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Burt » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:30 pm

Socrates wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

The fact that it was by SOME MARGIN as you say, speaks volumes for how much the rest of them have underperformed.

Can't totally agree with that Cratey fella. Bellendamy is a fuclin good player in his own right and has been mainly outstanding all the games he's played for us.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:43 pm

If Bellers wants to point the finger at anyone then he should start with his team mates. Barry, Lescott, Toure, Bridge were bought for big money and have been shite. Barry had a few good games but since Villa I've failed to even notice he was playing until I saw him walking off the pitch at full time. Toure might give it the big un but he was brought here to be a leader and has been anything but. Lescott has been a shadow of himself at Everton and for England. Bridge has been dire and just when you think he's sorted himself out he'll pull out a fuckin stupid mistake and cost us a goal. That's why Hughes has been sacked.

The only players who can hold their heads high for what they've done this season are NDJ, Bellers and Tevez. Maybe SWP.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Andy, lincs » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:46 pm

Add Shay to that list Mase! ;0)
Living like I'll die tomorrow, farming like I'll live forever.
Andy, lincs
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:57 pm

Andy, lincs wrote:Add Shay to that list Mase! ;0)

You're right mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Slim » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:45 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
Andy, lincs wrote:Add Shay to that list Mase! ;0)

You're right mate.

Shay has had some good games, but let's not be fooling ourselves, he is not completely blameless for some of our defensive problems this season. His inability to leave his line, command his box and some of his kicking(that drives me insane) have been quite poor.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:49 pm

Burt wrote:
Socrates wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

Can't totally agree with that Cratey fella. Bellendamy is a fuclin good player in his own right and has been mainly outstanding all the games he's played for us.

Agree but with £250miilion worth of talent lining up besides him he shouldn't be the best player by a mile, there should be lots of competition. The fact that there isn't tells you that they either aren't that good or haven't played to their potential.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Grob » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:23 pm

Socrates wrote:
Burt wrote:
Socrates wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

Agree but with £250miilion worth of talent lining up besides him he shouldn't be the best player by a mile, there should be lots of competition. The fact that there isn't tells you that they either aren't that good or haven't played to their potential.

What it basically says is that Bellemy is the only one who responds to Hughes's methods.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby aaron bond » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:28 pm

Hopefully now we have a manager who can inspire the WHOLE squad.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Burt » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:30 pm

Socrates wrote:
Burt wrote:
Socrates wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

Bollox!!!

A price tag don't make anyone the best player.
Burt

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:37 pm

Burt wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Burt wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Bollox!!!

Oh ffs. I give up. Read what Grob said, he got it...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Burt » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:57 pm

Socrates wrote:
Burt wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Burt wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Bollox!!!

Don't patronise me Cratey fella. I havn't seen what Grob said and have my own oppinion thank you very much.

If you can't see that Bellendamy is a top jolly Premier player then that's your problem mate.
Burt

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:04 pm

Burt wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Burt wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Burt wrote:Can't totally agree with that Cratey fella. Bellendamy is a fuclin good player in his own right and has been mainly outstanding all the games he's played for us.

Bollox!!!

Don't patronise me Cratey fella. I havn't seen what Grob said and have my own oppinion thank you very much.

If you can't see that Bellendamy is a top jolly Premier player then that's your problem mate.

If you can't see that he -or ANY player - shouldn't be MILES better than the rest of the squad then you should limit yourself to talking to Ernie...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum