IS Bobby Mancini THE MAN?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

IS ROBERTO MANCINI THE MAN TO LEAD CITY TO THE TITLE?

YES
50%
NO
20%
NOT SURE
30%

Total votes : 315

Re: IS Bobby Mancini THE MAN?

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu May 06, 2010 5:05 pm

I'm happy for him to remain in charge so long as we keep inproving. His longer term future will probably be decided by his summer transfer dealings. If the players he brings in are successful & improve the team I'm sure he'll get to continue through the following season as well. If they struggle he'll probably get the boot.

Good luck to him, he seems like a nice chap.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu May 06, 2010 5:42 pm

Do we need to debate this anymore?

Since the chairman thinks he's the right man for the job that's all that matters right?

"NO SPECULATION... ROBERTO IS OUR MANAGER.... I HAVE THE HIGHEST REGARD FOR HIM" - Khaldoon al-Mubarak
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 06, 2010 9:06 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Do we need to debate this anymore?

Since the chairman thinks he's the right man for the job that's all that matters right?

"NO SPECULATION... ROBERTO IS OUR MANAGER.... I HAVE THE HIGHEST REGARD FOR HIM" - Khaldoon al-Mubarak

LONDON, May 6 (Reuters) - Roberto Mancini will remain as Manchester City manager for many years, club chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said on Thursday. "Roberto's going to do a wonderful job for us for many years," Mubarak said in a video interview on the City website (http://www.mcfc.co.uk).

I demand a recount!!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu May 06, 2010 10:04 pm

A recount of what?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 06, 2010 10:18 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:A recount of what?

the number of pillocks on this site?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri May 07, 2010 12:09 am

johnny crossan wrote:

Well there's you.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ronk » Fri May 07, 2010 12:29 am

I had abstained until now out of principle. Finally voted. You can never be 100% certain, but that's okay.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Trautmann » Fri May 07, 2010 2:35 am

Great interview--a very impressive man. The message is clear--we are in for the long haul, and we think in terms of seasons rather than this or that game.

This is the best time of our lives as City fans. Can't remember ever feeling so good about being a supporter of this magnificent club.
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby Original Dub » Fri May 07, 2010 8:38 am

johnny crossan wrote:

What the fuck is all that about?
Original Dub

Postby johnny crossan » Fri May 07, 2010 8:43 am

Original Dub wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

I was just referring to the poll at the top of the thread but Dougie went deeper and TH became abusive (as is his wont)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Fri May 07, 2010 9:06 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

I was just referring to the poll at the top of the thread but Dougie went deeper and TH became abusive (as is his wont)

Well it kind of felt like your political party just won the election TBH.

Also, you mentioned that there was a number of pillocks on this site when Doug asked you what you meant. You should name and shame these pillocks.

Are you referring to those who had reservations against Mancini?

Come on, lets clear this up...
Original Dub

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri May 07, 2010 9:35 am

I just had to go back to the original full title which is " is BM the man to lead us to the title" Clearly he is the man to lead us forward next year but I feel the current vote result is still totally valid and refelects what I think is surely logical.

I am delighted at the chairman's interview. A classy guy saying exactly what I wanted to hear but he was a classy guy doing the same about somebody else a year or so back.Of course I want Mancini to be the man who takes us to the title but it isn't a given with him.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Fri May 07, 2010 9:40 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I just had to go back to the original full title which is " is BM the man to lead us to the title" Clearly he is the man to lead us forward next year but I feel the current vote result is still totally valid and refelects what I think is surely logical.

I am delighted at the chairman's interview. A classy guy saying exactly what I wanted to hear but he was a classy guy doing the same about somebody else a year or so back.Of course I want Mancini to be the man who takes us to the title but it isn't a given with him.

It isn't a given with any coach! I do have my doubts whether Mancini is the man for us or not. However, I'm still very glad that we have a sensible owner who opts for consistency. Should we under preform next season we'r obviously in a totally different position.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Fri May 07, 2010 11:10 am

Original Dub wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Well it kind of felt like your political party just won the election TBH.

Also, you mentioned that there was a number of pillocks on this site when Doug asked you what you meant. You should name and shame these pillocks.

Are you referring to those who had reservations against Mancini?

Come on, lets clear this up...

I wouldn't presume to identify the pillocks, they do that themselves regularly. As for my party winning the election - sadly the SLP have it all to do.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Sat May 08, 2010 3:11 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Mancini isn't the man to get us to the top of the table and win trophies as he can't score against the top teams (9 man Chelsea aside).

cant say i even noticed him on the pitch MRM mate
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby brite blu sky » Sat May 08, 2010 3:17 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Thoughts now on Mancini as the season comes to an end.
1) He should stay and be given the chance to bring his own players , to play to his preferred style with players he chooses and who suit that style.

2) Do I think he is the man? The answer still has to be don't know. I am still totally unsure but as I said let's have some stability and give him the next season to find out. I am still searching for real signs that he is the man but just cannot find them.As I said in a previous thread I can see that he has improved the organisation of the defence.Partly that's down to the zonal approach ( which I don't like)at set pieces and partly to a more cautious overall approach but at the same time I do think it's been at a cost as the overall team and specifically attacking play has suffered. And please don't answer that by pointing out some of the attacking play against Chelsea ( 2nd half) , Burnley , Brum. We have some great attacking players and when we get ahead and the opposition get it wrong we can rip through them but when the oppos get it right we really struggle. ( Stoke x3 , Everton x2, scum,Lpool, Arse,Spurs,Hull.Sunderland 1st half)

3) I remain to be convinced that his " style" will work here or that he has the man management or motivational skills required. The key points ,which those who believe Mancini IS the man hang their hat on, are his record in Italy and that this isn't his team.I can accept that to a point and that's why I think he needs to be given more time.His transfer policy ( ins and outs) this summer will be fascinating.

4) Tactically I believe the jury is out. Occasional things have suggested he is ok but some also say the opposite and particularly recent substitutions have been questionable.

No disrespect to this analysis Doug, but IF we had a WC forward mid we simply would not be having these discussions imo, and that is the be and end all of our season.. we lacked a class, consistent forward mid. Mancini didnt have that at his disposal, he knew it and he still knows it. In the event we did very well without that key player, but it showed against teams we had to unlock again and again. Playing 4-4-2 demands imo that you have such a player otherwise it has to drop to 4-5-1
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat May 08, 2010 8:46 pm

I hope you are right bbs but I just don't think it's that simple.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 08, 2010 8:56 pm

I think this thread is now defunct, and as I said, we're going to find out.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 09, 2010 10:23 am

I'm going to make this unsticky now. We'll see whether this is sinker or floater. Anyways, the ownes have said that he is their man for now at least so pointless right now. Besides I feel there's loads of people who voted at the time and haven't changed their vote despite changing their mind. Perhaps.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ant london » Sun May 09, 2010 10:44 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I'm going to make this unsticky now. We'll see whether this is sinker or floater. Anyways, the ownes have said that he is their man for now at least so pointless right now. Besides I feel there's loads of people who voted at the time and haven't changed their vote despite changing their mind. Perhaps.

thank FUCK for that

good to see that the taffia one gone too

let's just all get behind this italian motherfucker
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum