The Thank You Mark Hughes Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Thank You Mark Hughes Thread

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:07 am

Beefymcfc wrote:What I find wierd about this thread is that people who are partof the ManCityFans Community choose to antagonise those who want to say ThankYou to one of our managers?

Are we that devoid of respectfulness?

Seems that way - was Edge the guy filmed pissing on the war memorial?
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby cdncityfan » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:31 am

Thanks for the memories, Mark. The UEFA Cup run and the building of the present team were priceless. You made alot of errors here and perhaps the job came to you a few years too early, but all the best in the future. In the history of the club, you and Sven-Goran Ericsson will be remembered in the same way Chelsea fans look at Claudio Ranieri: the ones who laid the foundation. Cheers!
Manchester City FC: the class of the Premier League!
cdncityfan
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Rangers / City
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:39 am

Beefymcfc wrote:What I find wierd about this thread is that people who are partof the ManCityFans Community choose to antagonise those who want to say ThankYou to one of our managers?

who are those many people you are talking about? All I've seen is people who were even in favour of his sacking trying to find things to thank him for.

But hey ho, final chance to create a row and act all martyr over Hughes.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby dazby » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:49 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

who are those many people you are talking about? All I've seen is people who were even in favour of his sacking trying to find things to thank him for.

This post for one.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:21 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Fuck me I've seen it all now! Try reading the post and if you disagree, then have a word with me eh?

Martyr........you are a funny man. I'm sure uou can see the irony within your own post?

Stay Frosty!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:33 pm

thanks for inducing some of the most frankly ridiculous rhetoric i have ever read on the internet. from both sides, including myself.

thanks for pompey, arse(hat trick there lad), sunderland away 08, chelsea, hamburg home, the uefa cup run, everton away.

thanks for bringing us closer to silverware than we have ever been during my life.

thanks for being at the helm during one of the most tumultuous periods (and this is city ffs!) in the history of the club. You faced slurs from hacks like that twat mcgarry trying to drag the name of MANCHESTER CITY F.C through the mud at every opportunity, but you faced this tirade of shit with total dignity and dry humour. Cheers for that.

thanks for being a good, honest bloke.

Good luck Les (unless you happen to be playing us in future).
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:24 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Lee's Alter Ego wrote:Disappointing this thread getting tarnished by the same people who have been wanting him out from day 1. They should stay out of this thread to be honest but it does not surprise me they cant help themselves. Anyway thanks Mark, I happen to believe you would eventually of got it right......

No mate it was tarnished by people being rude and ungracious about our owners, or do you approve of abuse being directed towards members of the Royal Family of Abu Dhabi?

Think you are wrong on this topic Soc - easy to pick that one out - but at least it was a message from a poster to Hughes on a farewell thread - so whilst I am a 1000% behind our owners, I can relate to someone being at this point upset.....

It is the other posts like Edge's half way down the 1st page : I'm glad you've fucked off. You were never good enough.

That shows what lowlifes some CITY fans are - and whilst I agree with you on a number of things - particularly the Platini issues - I do not think that the Farewell thread is the place for you to come on repeating and regurgitating the same old Hughes arguments - thought better of you - surely this is a thread where if you cannot find it in yourself to say something respectful - just stay out of it?

It was an ill thought out post, but Edge's was 1 out of 83 posts to date in the thread - thats not a bad wum post percentage in such a thread compared to other sites.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum