The Thank You Mark Hughes Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Thank You Mark Hughes Thread

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:59 pm

edge275 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
edge275 wrote:
ant london wrote:
edge275 wrote:I'm glad you've fucked off

we can only dream of the day we can think this about you

this kind of shit is why people don't listen to you even on the rare occasions you have something decent to say

Honestly if the Hughes Out brigade didn't have the likes of you, RIG, CITYTILIDIE, RMAB...they would have had a lot more credibility. You probably, inadvertantly, gained Hughes more time with sections of fans just as they would prefer to align themselves with anyone but the likes of you and your idiotic outpourings.

Back to topic.

Thanks Mark, you just didn't have quite enough to justify sticking with you. The players let you down but you have to take a good portion of the blame for the lapses that saw us draw game after game. I know you'll learn from that and I really look forward to being able to give you a standing ovation when you return (soon) with your new team.

Good luck Hughesie and thanks for some absolutely terrific football

How about instead of supporting Mark Hughes you try and support the club instead?

Just a thought.

Fuck me, that's a bit rich!!!

Just a thought.

I have always supported the club, that's why I want anybody wrecking it to be removed such as Hughes.

So please explain why it's a bit rich.

You see Edge, when you say support the club that comes in all forms, and it comes from all types of people. Ant obviously has some sort of regard for Hughes, and for the club as a whole. Remember, it's the history of the club that leads to the future, and Hughes is now part of that history, regardless of what you or anyone thinks of him.

As for the 'Bit Rich', Ant as already stated that he is 'really look forward to being able to give you a standing ovation when you return', which actually states that he'll be their at the games, obviously supporting the club. And with regard to yourself, I'll just mention one thing which is the endless 'Dunne is Cunt' statements. Is that supporting the club or can it be construde as undermining it?

Just a thought.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:59 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:The players and coaching staff were his downfall, his loyalty will always be a major stumbling block. When he's back in management the best advise anyone close to him can give him. LEAVE THE TAFIA BEHIND

That's as sound advice as any. As far as his management career goes, he needs a new aspect. Sometimes you need to leave people you like behind and get out of your comfort zone.

Anyway, thanks for decent Uefa cup run and getting us to league cup semis. Also thanks for getting together individually very decent squad. As far as hiring playing stuff goes, you did mostly diamond job.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby irblinx » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:59 pm

Thanks for the dignified statement and for wishing us luck against the scum, and for proving that the press are full of crap and that I wasn't mad thinking that the "wave goodbye" was nothing of the kind

In a statement issued by the League Managers' Association, Hughes said: "I was informed after yesterday's match against Sunderland that my contract with Manchester City was being terminated with immediate effect.

"Notwithstanding media coverage to the contrary, I was given no forewarning as to the club's decision.

"Given the speed with which my successor's appointment was announced, it would appear that the club had made its decision some considerable time ago."

Hughes added that he believed firmly that he had the club on target to achieve their pre-season expectations, with City lying in sixth place after just two league losses all season at the time of his sacking.

"I am extremely disappointed not to have been given the opportunity to see through my plans at the club," Hughes continued.

"At the beginning of the season I sat down with the owners and it was agreed that a realistic target for the season would be sixth place in the Barclays Premier League, or in the region of 70 points.

"All of this was communicated to the players and we all knew where we stood.

"Whilst everyone at the club would obviously have wanted to see more wins, we were absolutely on target at the time of my dismissal.

"Only recently we had terrific victories against both Arsenal and Chelsea."

“I am very proud of the fact that I steered the club through the most significant period of change in its history,” Hughes continued.

“I have always been aware of the responsibility that comes with being afforded the luxury of a significant transfer budget, and I was grateful that the club supported me with significant investment in players.

“I very much regret, however, that I will not now be able to enjoy the success that would undoubtedly have followed in the light of that investment.

“I believe that I have handled with dignity the recent pressure placed upon me by press speculation.

“I would like to thank the fans for their support throughout my time at the club and particularly at this difficult time, and I wish the club every success in the future, particularly in relation to the forthcoming Carling Cup semi-final, the club's first semi-final for 28 years.”
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby MUS » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:05 pm

i always got a feeling that however good he is.. he wasn't ready for such a big challenge yet... maybe if he'd been managing for three or four more years with more success he would of done an outstanding job and we'd all be happy as larry... im sure he's gonna come back stronger with a club more suited to his current level...
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Redna » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Good luck for the future Mark. Things didn't go as things might have gone. NOW there's a massive pressure on Mr Mancini.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:08 pm

edge275 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
edge275 wrote:
ant london wrote:
edge275 wrote:I'm glad you've fucked off

we can only dream of the day we can think this about you

this kind of shit is why people don't listen to you even on the rare occasions you have something decent to say

Honestly if the Hughes Out brigade didn't have the likes of you, RIG, CITYTILIDIE, RMAB...they would have had a lot more credibility. You probably, inadvertantly, gained Hughes more time with sections of fans just as they would prefer to align themselves with anyone but the likes of you and your idiotic outpourings.

Back to topic.

Thanks Mark, you just didn't have quite enough to justify sticking with you. The players let you down but you have to take a good portion of the blame for the lapses that saw us draw game after game. I know you'll learn from that and I really look forward to being able to give you a standing ovation when you return (soon) with your new team.

Good luck Hughesie and thanks for some absolutely terrific football

How about instead of supporting Mark Hughes you try and support the club instead?

Just a thought.

Fuck me, that's a bit rich!!!

Just a thought.

I have always supported the club, that's why I want anybody wrecking it to be removed such as Hughes.

So please explain why it's a bit rich.

This little interchange brings out the issue of class / character of individuals - that someone has to be so self-obsessed to use a 'thank you to our manager thread' to pour out more of their mindless bigotry screams to the rest of us normal thinking people -

"...heh look at me - I am a simple minded git who gets off on reading my own posts and being a WUM - and yes I am that self-obsessed that I really do miss how stupid I make myself look - or really I do see it but get turned on by the attention 'cos it is all I get in life"
Last edited by mcfc1632 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Grob » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:15 pm

Thanks for trying. You weren't far off having the right formula at the end of last season but you've blown it big time over the past 10 games.

If you blow 50-60 million on defenders, they should be a pretty solid unit. Ours are a bunch of clowns.

Following Spurs I felt myself it was time for a change so im happy with the decision.

Thanks for doing a professional job.

Yours

Grob
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby trout man » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:30 pm

Thank you Mark Hughes for undertaking a root and branch review and overhaul of our previous abysmal training and medical facilities. Thank you Mark Hughes for putting the fighting spirit back into our team.
Thank you Mark Hughes for some of the best 'total football' I have seen a City team play for many years
Thank you for your passion, integrity and honest endevour whilst the manager of Manchester City

It didnt all go to plan, but life never does, its unfortunate that our club's owners and upper management have shown what a lying sack of shit they really are, but those assholes just give us the money because they potentially wish to bask in a glory that will never be theirs because they never were and never will be true City fans. I almost pity the wankers because they certainly arent in it for the money.

I, as a supporter of Man City love my club and now I am faced with SUPPORTING yet another new manager and this I will do honourably and hope that he may make us a solid, honest, hard working team that wins silverware and allows us finally to hold our heads high and not be shamed by the antics of wankers. (something that has been hand in hand with being one of the City faithful).
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:36 pm

trout man wrote:Thank you Mark Hughes for undertaking a root and branch review and overhaul of our previous abysmal training and medical facilities. Thank you Mark Hughes for putting the fighting spirit back into our team.
Thank you Mark Hughes for some of the best 'total football' I have seen a City team play for many years
Thank you for your passion, integrity and honest endevour whilst the manager of Manchester City

It didnt all go to plan, but life never does, its unfortunate that our club's owners and upper management have shown what a lying sack of shit they really are, but those assholes just give us the money because they potentially wish to bask in a glory that will never be theirs because they never were and never will be true City fans. I almost pity the wankers because they certainly arent in it for the money.

I, as a supporter of Man City love my club and now I am faced with SUPPORTING yet another new manager and this I will do honourably and hope that he may make us a solid, honest, hard working team that wins silverware and allows us finally to hold our heads high and not be shamed by the antics of wankers. (something that has been hand in hand with being one of the City faithful).

Nice to see people being so gracious to the people who have made us a big club again. Astonishing that people are more loyal to a limited manager who has never won anything than to the owners that make all our dreams possible...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby trout man » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 pm

Socrates wrote:
trout man wrote:Thank you Mark Hughes for undertaking a root and branch review and overhaul of our previous abysmal training and medical facilities. Thank you Mark Hughes for putting the fighting spirit back into our team.

Nice to see people being so gracious to the people who have made us a big club again. Astonishing that people are more loyal to a limited manager who has never won anything than to the owners that make all our dreams possible...

You think you are smart arse, thats your problem. You think you have all the answers, thats also your problem. You pontificate the gospel according to socrates, but like all zealots you attack when you see weakness or a group of people that are genuinely shocked by what has gone on at our club in the last 48hrs. Maybe as usual everyone else is wrong and you are right but hey I dont give a shit what you think and if some people want to pump a load of money into our club and find some pseudo gratification from it then so be it, they still handled this badly and Cook is a cunt.
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby shawzy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:47 pm

Thanks for your 100% efforts MH.Top bloke and wish you the very best in your next role.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:20 pm

I, as a supporter of Man City love my club and now I am faced with SUPPORTING yet another new manager and this I will do honourably and hope that he may make us a solid, honest, hard working team that wins silverware and allows us finally to hold our heads high and not be shamed by the antics of wankers. (something that has been hand in hand with being one of the City faithful)

Nicely put Trout Man and good to see that not all want to put there words down so eliquently. You may find that there are a lot of blues who feel exactly the same and too don't really give a shit about the money, just the club.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Trautmann » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:37 pm

Thanks Mark Hughes for attending to the basic footballing infrastructure of the club, building for the long term, giving us an exciting team to watch. Pity about the defence. I'm sure you would have fixed that by end of January.

Thanks for acting with grace and style, even when the amount of nonsense about you seemed overwhelming.
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby Dingus McDouchey » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:43 pm

thanks hughesey for your professionalism.
thanks for making us hard to beat.
now lets have mancini take us to the next level...
Berbatov wins golden boot, spends following season on the bench while his team loses title on goal difference. Well played, Fergie.
Dingus McDouchey
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:54 pm

trout man wrote:
Socrates wrote:

You think you are smart arse, thats your problem. You think you have all the answers, thats also your problem. You pontificate the gospel according to socrates, but like all zealots you attack when you see weakness or a group of people that are genuinely shocked by what has gone on at our club in the last 48hrs. Maybe as usual everyone else is wrong and you are right but hey I dont give a shit what you think and if some people want to pump a load of money into our club and find some pseudo gratification from it then so be it, they still handled this badly and Cook is a cunt.

Do you really support Hughes over our owners?
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Chopper » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:01 pm

Didnt want to say anything other than all the best Hughes in this thread.

Lets move beyond the fact that they chose to let him go.

How, in your opinion should they have handled it?
Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby Burt » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:05 pm

Farewell and good luck Leslie. You gave it your best shot and who knows how well you would have done if you'd been allowed more time.

100% congratulations on the way you conducted yourself. You can hold your head high that's for sure and you may well be pleasantly surprised when you return with whatever team that you manage, what a good reception you will get from City fans.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:32 pm

Socrates wrote:

shame you didnt show the same loyalty to those SAME PEOPLE that showed faith in hughes over the last 18 months, fucking hypocritical... but why am I not surprised.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:38 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Socrates wrote:

shame you didnt show the same loyalty to those SAME PEOPLE that showed faith in hughes over the last 18 months, fucking hypocritical... but why am I not surprised.

please show me an example of where I called the owners a sack of shit or abused them in any way?
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Socrates wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Socrates wrote:

please show me an example of where I called the owners a sack of shit or abused them in any way?

you are calling out troutman for being loyal to hughes and not to our owners, yet you have berated hughes for 18 months when our owners had backed him....! FFS its not difficult rain man
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum