The Thank You Mark Hughes Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Thank You Mark Hughes Thread

Postby Typical City » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:08 am

Lee_Kinda wrote:Thanks for Shalke
Thanks for the derby - not your fault at all!
Thanks for hamburg at home
Thanks for Arsenal and Chelsea in the same week
Thanks for getting us to a semi
Thanks for Bellamy, Given, Zabs, De Jong and Tevez

Its been a hard 18 months but best of luck in the future!

No problem Lee_Kinda

Thanks for my mansion.
Thanks for my cars.
Thanks for my millions.
Thanks for my lifestyle.
Thanks for my pay-off.

Sorry we were shit even after being given fucking millions to spend on overpriced, lazy, useless bastards.

Love LMH (PS. Get a fucking grip and good luck with the full stops) xxx
Typical City
Robinho's Step Over

Postby ant london » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:47 am

edge275 wrote:I'm glad you've fucked off

we can only dream of the day we can think this about you

this kind of shit is why people don't listen to you even on the rare occasions you have something decent to say

Honestly if the Hughes Out brigade didn't have the likes of you, RIG, CITYTILIDIE, RMAB...they would have had a lot more credibility. You probably, inadvertantly, gained Hughes more time with sections of fans just as they would prefer to align themselves with anyone but the likes of you and your idiotic outpourings.

Back to topic.

Thanks Mark, you just didn't have quite enough to justify sticking with you. The players let you down but you have to take a good portion of the blame for the lapses that saw us draw game after game. I know you'll learn from that and I really look forward to being able to give you a standing ovation when you return (soon) with your new team.

Good luck Hughesie and thanks for some absolutely terrific football
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby john@staustell » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:58 am

ant london wrote:
edge275 wrote:I

Back to topic.

Thanks Mark, you just didn't have quite enough to justify sticking with you. The players let you down but you have to take a good portion of the blame for the lapses that saw us draw game after game. I know you'll learn from that and I really look forward to being able to give you a standing ovation when you return (soon) with your new team.

I agree
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Wooders » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:15 am

I thought everything but your defensive coaching/tactics was spot on. Thankyou for your hardwork, professionalism and good luck in the future.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby City1970 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:23 am

Cheers mark.

I always thought you were on a hiding to nothing, with most of the press wanting you out from day one of the take over and some sections of the crowd.

You produced some good footy, some excellent displays, and got us some top notch players. You defended the club and its players, in more ways than most of our managers have in the last 30 years. And thatnks for the digs at Fergiscum and U****d, some of us have waited years for a manager to stand up to that lot.

On the other hand,

You produced some real duff displays, and bought some real shit for lots of money, that we will never shift cos of the wages their on.

I always hoped you would be a success, and give us the trophy we waited so long for.

Good luck for the future.

PS dont come in for Bellamy when you get your next club. But you can have Toure if you want!!!
Manchester City - F**king up U****d since 2009
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:30 am

I am a life-long blue - so now will get on with supporting the new guy - that means I am afraid hoping that the people who thought you were not up to the job are proven right and this guy takes us on to great things and you become just a memory...

But..... the grass is always greener etc and a lot of our fans have proven themselves to be extremely shallow - I will not put our owners into that category because they backed you whole-heartedly for a good stint - but I think you have been unlucky and let down my a couple of players that did not try hard enough - just a couple of those draws being wins and I think you would have been given longer and I think we would have made top 4 - you could have then led the project for years

For me you have attributes that I do not think a foreign manager will have - very professional and you understood the 'we are Manchester' passion of CITY and I worry this will be lost.

We need to move on (and upwards) just sad it did not end well and best of luck
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Vhero » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:39 am

Thankyou for getting Doug a Pass.... Oh Wait....
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ashton287 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:59 am

Typical City wrote:
Lee_Kinda wrote:Thanks for Shalke
Thanks for the derby - not your fault at all!
Thanks for hamburg at home
Thanks for Arsenal and Chelsea in the same week
Thanks for getting us to a semi
Thanks for Bellamy, Given, Zabs, De Jong and Tevez

Its been a hard 18 months but best of luck in the future!

No problem Lee_Kinda

Thanks for my mansion.
Thanks for my cars.
Thanks for my millions.
Thanks for my lifestyle.
Thanks for my pay-off.

Sorry we were shit even after being given fucking millions to spend on overpriced, lazy, useless bastards.

Love LMH (PS. Get a fucking grip and good luck with the full stops) xxx

sounds like your an underpaid, bitter, useless bastard.
Love Chris PS. you dont put post script in brackets while were correcting each other, fucking bellend. xxx
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:29 am

The players and coaching staff were his downfall, his loyalty will always be a major stumbling block. When he's back in management the best advise anyone close to him can give him. LEAVE THE TAFIA BEHIND
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby salford city » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:17 am

I commend your professionalism, you gave the playing staff nothing than the actual playing side to concentrate on - that said, who the hell can the team still not defend? Perfect postscript to your time at the helm yesterday. Sublime to the ridiculous.

Best of luck in your future roles but you need to have a close look at those you take with you as I'm not convinced they're as qualified as you to be in the positions that they have held
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby dazby » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:11 pm

Thanks Leslie, it's been emotional.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:14 pm

I think the changes that he's made behind the scenes have brought a whole new professionalism to the club and we will hopefully reap the benefit in the years to come, cheers Mark and good luck in your next job
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:35 pm

craigmcfc wrote:I think the changes that he's made behind the scenes have brought a whole new professionalism to the club and we will hopefully reap the benefit in the years to come, cheers Mark and good luck in your next job

Agreed - that is the difference between a long term project and the sort of flash bang wallop of someone like Jose - I hope it is not lost
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:04 pm

THANKS FOR GETTING US TO A SEMI FINAL AT LONG LAST
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby colonel_muck » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:11 pm

thanks for shalke
thanks for the home game against hamburg
thanks for every home match against arsenal
thanks for giving us steel
thanks for giving us some of the best attacking football in europe

good luck wherever you end up a credit to the game hope you get work soon
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bluej » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:29 pm

ant london wrote:

this kind of shit is why people don't listen to you even on the rare occasions you have something decent to say

Honestly if the Hughes Out brigade didn't have the likes of you, RIG, CITYTILIDIE, RMAB...they would have had a lot more credibility. You probably, inadvertantly, gained Hughes more time with sections of fans just as they would prefer to align themselves with anyone but the likes of you and your idiotic outpourings.

Amen.

Thanks Mark, you probably weren't good enough but no one deserved to get sacked like that. All the best for the future.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:52 pm

Despite all of my misgivings about Hughes as a manager, and having been one of his most vocal critics, I respect him as a man, and I am ashamed at the way he has been treated and wish him all the luck in the world if/when he decides to take on another role.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby edge275 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:09 pm

ant london wrote:

Back to topic.

How about instead of supporting Mark Hughes you try and support the club instead?

Just a thought.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:19 pm

edge275 wrote:
ant london wrote:

Back to topic.

How about instead of supporting Mark Hughes you try and support the club instead?

Just a thought.

Fuck me, that's a bit rich!!!

Just a thought.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby edge275 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:21 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
edge275 wrote:
ant london wrote:

Back to topic.

Just a thought.

Fuck me, that's a bit rich!!!

Just a thought.

I have always supported the club, that's why I want anybody wrecking it to be removed such as Hughes.

So please explain why it's a bit rich.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum