Roque Santa Cruz vs the Mackems

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Roque Santa Cruz vs the Mackems

Postby Goataldo » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:46 pm

I thought he was really good today, looked more match sharp, as I said he would be. Good feet, intelligent movement, goals, and he even got stuck in when necessary. Adebayor take note.

Don't want this to be a told you so thread necessarily, but are all the people who were so quick to chide him still thinking he's not up to it?
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Re: Roque Santa Cruz vs the Mackems

Postby Slim » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:50 pm

I thought he was very good today, I have been waiting for him to shut up certain elements around here and today I think was just a taste, neither goal was brilliant but as I said to my mates after the first goal, the one player who wouldn't have been there to meet the tap in would be Adebayor....twice in one game, just what we needed.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Thought he was great. I'll admit a few weeks ago I was on his case. I did think he'd come good but I thought it woudl take alot longer!

After wednesday it was clear he must start today and did. Maybe hughes had the balls to drop ade and robby when he knew he was going.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:52 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:I thought he was really good today, looked more match sharp, as I said he would be. Good feet, intelligent movement, goals, and he even got stuck in when necessary. Adebayor take note.

Don't want this to be a told you so thread necessarily, but are all the people who were so quick to chide him still thinking he's not up to it?

Well said mate. He won me over today. And not because of his goals but because he played so well otherwise as well.
Suddenly I'm not that worried anymore about Ade leaving to African Cup..
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Slim wrote:I thought he was very good today, I have been waiting for him to shut up certain elements around here and today I think was just a taste, neither goal was brilliant but as I said to my mates after the first goal, the one player who wouldn't have been there to meet the tap in would be Adebayor....twice in one game, just what we needed.

Thing is Slim, those are the same elements who were apaplectic about signing Bellamy, and have been against Hughes just cos he is an ex united player from day 1 without even giving him a chance.

I am beginning to think they know fuck all about football!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby King Kev » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:00 pm

I seem to remember predicting that Santa would come good at Christmas, how good am I?!

Seriously though, he did well today, was in the right place at the right time for the goals and worked hard when we didn't have posession.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:01 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
Slim wrote:I thought he was very good today, I have been waiting for him to shut up certain elements around here and today I think was just a taste, neither goal was brilliant but as I said to my mates after the first goal, the one player who wouldn't have been there to meet the tap in would be Adebayor....twice in one game, just what we needed.

Thing is Slim, those are the same elements who were apaplectic about signing Bellamy, and have been against Hughes just cos he is an ex U***d player from day 1 without even giving him a chance.

Mate, I was against signing a 30 year speedster with dodgy knees, and certainly for...12 or 14 million? I have since said I was wrong, everyone gets to misfire once in a while, otherwise where would be the fun?

And again, how brilliant was Bellers today? I thought he was MotM but was outvoted 2 to 1.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:03 pm

Slim wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:

Thing is Slim, those are the same elements who were apaplectic about signing Bellamy, and have been against Hughes just cos he is an ex U***d player from day 1 without even giving him a chance.

And again, how brilliant was Bellers today? I thought he was MotM but was outvoted 2 to 1.

Absolute quality. Led from the front.

I wonder what his reaction to the new manager will be like. I'd put money on a foreign manager going with Robbie ahead of bellamy.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Redna » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:03 pm

He was one of our best players today. He will fire some powder in to that sore Adebauyr arse.
What will happen from now is as uncertain as the world climate refering to the debacle in Copenhagen.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Goataldo » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:05 pm

King Kev wrote:I seem to remember predicting that Santa would come good at Christmas, how good am I?!

Seriously though, he did well today, was in the right place at the right time for the goals and worked hard when we didn't have posession.

Exactly, can't ask for much more than that eh?

Btw can anyone tell me why my Mancini out thread got locked? Was only a playful reaction to someone asking the question of when the first one would be.

Talk about not having a sense of humour. Jesus. Maybe I should be banned, have my fingers removed, and sent to the Gulag.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Blue Blood » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:09 pm

Always had faith in santa being a good signing since day 1.

Great to see him finally showing what he's about.

Well done RSC, keep it up!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Slim » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:09 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
Slim wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:

Absolute quality. Led from the front.

I wonder what his reaction to the new manager will be like. I'd put money on a foreign manager going with Robbie ahead of bellamy.

I honestly believed that Hughes had lost Robinho a while back, he was less of the enigmatic brilliant trickster and looked to be treading water most of the time.

However RSC(cause it's his thread) should ABSOLUTELY be given a start against Stoke and hopefully many more. All you can ask of a striker in that formation was to be in the right place at the right time, Shaun Goater was a legend at that very thing and if RSC continues to make the right movement then he deserves a place in the lineup no matter what players are in line for what spots.

I have been a happy clapper for Roque every time he has come on, glad to cheer more today than sympathetic groans.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby irblinx » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Fair play to the lad, he was outstanding, robbed of the MoTM for my money
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:28 pm

I thought he was absolutely outstanding today. My joint MOM with Bellers. Wanted him to get his hatrick. Finally we had someone winning the ball in the air up top. He held it up well. Brought others into the game and his interplay with Tevez, Bellamy, Ireland and SWP was top class. Looking like a 17m striker to me today.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:28 pm

Hmmmmmmm,I think the shit RSC got was a piss poor showing on some fans.

You really need to get a heart.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby 13021J » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:57 pm

RSC was absolute immense today, he won/held up the ball so much and was such a nuisance to the Mackem defence, Ade needs to take note. Ironically this performance came on Hughes' last day in charge, but I certainly hope he starts the next game, it was close for MOTM between Bellers and RSC.

A lot of people on this site wrote off RSC far too soon. I hope they are willing to eat humble pie after his MATCH WINNING performance today.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:05 pm

he was fantastic today, and he can actually win headers!

he did more in this one game than ade has done in two months.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:11 pm

RSC has not been fit until very recently and although back in the squad for a little while only made sub appearances where he mostly looked crap. Truth is he he has serious quality as a striker and with that extra match fitness to add to the base fitness( pain free now for the first time in a year!) he would prove it given chances.
Although the 2 goals were tap ins it's all about being in the right place at the right time which isn't Ade's greatest quality.Add the quality of his hold up play and general involvement he was quality today and will be in the future.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:24 pm

Give me a break, any normal striker would put 'tap ins' in the net. He was average in a bloody awful team that conceded three goals at home again !

He did nothing more than basics. Leave it out, he is not the new Messaiah, now go away.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby 13021J » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:47 pm

zuricity wrote:Give me a break, any normal striker would put 'tap ins' in the net. He was average in a bloody awful team that conceded three goals at home again !

He did nothing more than basics. Leave it out, he is not the new Messaiah, now go away.

You obviously didn't see the game on Wednesday OR the game today. Compare and contrast the two performances of Ade and RSC and I think you will find that RSC not only gives a shit but has good quality.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Tevez

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum