Hughes Sacked

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Hughes Sacked

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:40 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:For all those up in arms about the manner of the sacking would it be so harsh if it were Hiddink or Mourinho flying in next week to take over? of course it seems a bit brutal, it is, but the game has changed so much I'm suprised it took them so long to give Hughes the elbow. Its his team, his signings, his tactics, and today, everytime Sunderland lobbed a ball into the box you feared a fuck up. I dont know why we are so fragile at the back but other teams, (and Stoke are the typical blood and thunder type, so thats another hard game) have taken note of this. Because the league is more competitive this year, with the usual front runners dropping points, our inabilty to kill teams off is all the more frustrating. A few players have to question there own performance, and I hope they are but the buck stops with the manager and after a huge amount of money invested City, in all fairness, are another bad run of results away from mid table. Hughes will bounce back, hes a decent manager but its so open this year to risk falling away is unthinkable.
The stakes have been raised now, and if Mancini doesnt cut it, he'll go too. He'll go and they'll keep going until it clicks and we are up there. Its harsh but there you go.
I am now going to send Mark Hughes one of my wifes lovely mince pies and a nice juicy satsuma.

I don't get it? Would they rather they had sat on their hands then sacked him last Thursday morning and then started a six week search for a replacement while putting Douglas Higginbottom in charge as caretaker?

er, yes and no....but if your agreeing with me, definately yes and no

I was agreeing with you. People are angry because the club behaved professionally and ensured we weren't managerless for several important games. Quite funny given our history.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Blue Blood » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:43 am

simon12 wrote:I wonder if Chris Neild is reading lot.

I think Chris and many many others within the city hierarchy are probably having a good read tonight. Including our players.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby simon12 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:48 am

ashton287 wrote:
blootoof wrote:
ashton287 wrote:
simon12 wrote:
ashton287 wrote:Are we about to get a decent manager that the players can actually respect, that might make the subs that can win us a game, that can put out a team to keep a lead and get 3 poiints instead of 1

OOOOHHH IM ALL TINGLY WITH EXCITEMENT

No one`s given you an answer yet, so I will...No we`ve got Mancici. I`m very underwhelmed. I will support him but fuck me, what`s he won to respect? Serie A by default. JM made HIS team better.

YOU ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION THERE DICK HEAD he's won more then hughes ever has

Chill out mate, this aint Bluemoon ;)

Not read all the posts but heard the appointment (contract) of Mancini rested on how he does from now til the end of the season. Any truth in this?

I answered your question I didn`t ask one DICKHEAD are you twelve is it past your bedtime.

never been on bluemoon in my life and i just didnt appreciate the sarcasm and they said that might be the case but its come out that his contract is until 2013 but im sure there's stipulations regarding minimum expectations, so if he mess's up like hughes they wont have trouble getting rid of him either
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby ashton287 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:52 am

extremist wrote:
ashton287 wrote:
Nick wrote:
blootoof wrote:
Nick wrote:Could someone PM me the details of this Platini business to keep me up to speed ?

Yes.

Fuckoff you Munich cunt.

LOL oh theres some internet warrior / wankers on this forum at the moment. Munich cunt? Why??? Because I think hughes has been shat on and was unlucky? Im hardly his biggest fan and didnt want him in the first play you fucking retard.

you dont need a PM i'll fill you in now

platini is a twat with a little baby dick

i hope that cleared things up for you lol, if not let me know what else you want to know and ill post it

No mate you got that spot on lmao

this is what the frogspunk said http://www.4sportsake.com/blog199h/inde ... tryid=2696 .

i enjoyed the kaka issue being brought up, a deal that didnt go through but real actually paying 80 mil for a player then 60 for another basically paying more for 2 players then we did for 5/6 and the money WEE spent was ridiculous and WEE ruined football, his problem is the CL being dominated by english teams. but it's like he said himself the PL is too powerful in itself and that scares him and threatens his authority so he's looking for an excuse. i think this is technically known as "little man syndrome"
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby ashton287 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:04 am

No one`s given you an answer yet, so I will...No we`ve got Mancici. I`m very underwhelmed. I will support him but fuck me, what`s he won to respect? Serie A by default. JM made HIS team better.[/quote]

YOU ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION THERE DICK HEAD he's won more then hughes ever has[/quote][/quote][/quote]

the question mark makes it a question, i know this was a rhetorical question as you already answered it but so was mine and you answered it with a sarcy ass reply so i took offence. No point trying to have an argument about it, if you'r really mad though come see me at the stoke game we'll have a pint and discuss the fact that your a dickhead eh

haha only jokin pal chill out
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:10 am

ashton287 wrote:No one`s given you an answer yet, so I will...No we`ve got Mancici. I`m very underwhelmed. I will support him but fuck me, what`s he won to respect? Serie A by default. JM made HIS team better.

YOU ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION THERE DICK HEAD he's won more then hughes ever has[/quote][/quote][/quote]

the question mark makes it a question, i know this was a rhetorical question as you already answered it but so was mine and you answered it with a sarcy ass reply so i took offence. No point trying to have an argument about it, if you'r really mad though come see me at the stoke game we'll have a pint and discuss the fact that your a dickhead eh

haha only jokin pal chill out[/quote]

Mark Hughes leaves and STILL he divides us. Better than eastenders this, so real, so gritty, like real life
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:41 am

Just got in from having a top day (non City related) out and really cannot believe it.
I've never been in either camp but I can't help but think certain players had something to do with this decision. Ade's been looking like he can't be arsed in recent weeks, Robinho obviously hasn't been happy at all, Petrov's made it clear he's pissed off to the nines. I just think if they have gone behind the managers back it's sly as fuck. And who can trust what Cook has to say in the future?? Him and the chairman have been rambling on all season about how much they love Hughes, think he's the one to take us forward.

I don't think the players have got anyone else to blame but themselves. It's alright some of them coming out now saying they don't agree with the decision, but maybe they should have pulled their fuckin fingers out their arses sooner then!!

Whether the new manager can take us forward, I don't know. It would have been nice to see if Hughes could have finished what he started, maybe by winning us our first piece of silverwear for years.

Today is the only day in my life I've been ashamed to be a City fan.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby dazby » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:48 am

The board have finally flexed their muscles. Good for them. I think the fact that it happenned after a win shows it's not a knee jerk reaction.

Leslie, you have been brilliant at signing players but tactics have proved to be your achilles heel. Even at the end of the match today the players showed their complete ineptitude in finishing the match appropriately. Just too naive.

Robbie Manc, welcome. You should clearly be able to see where we are lacking and I expect some clean sheets in the next few matches. That would be ace.

The manager is dead, long live the manager.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:55 am

dazby wrote:The board have finally flexed their muscles. Good for them. I think the fact that it happenned after a win shows it's not a knee jerk reaction.

Leslie, you have been brilliant at signing players but tactics have proved to be your achilles heel. Even at the end of the match today the players showed their complete ineptitude in finishing the match appropriately. Just too naive.

Robbie Manc, welcome. You should clearly be able to see where we are lacking and I expect some clean sheets in the next few matches. That would be ace.

The manager is dead, long live the manager.

This
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:50 am

Horrible way to do it but credit to Hughes for being professional until the end.

I really thought our owners were different. In some ways i'm glad to see our owners can be ruthless in the quest for success but on the other hand, people seem to love stats so much and nobody can question that we we're top 6 and doing great in a cup.

The owners say it was because of the results, when that cannot be the case, the results have made us top 6 and how can you argue with that for the first season as a team?

I think he was sacked because of form. A dip in the defenses form that lasted far too long. Form is however temporary and i'm frustrated that he wasn't give til the end of the season to rectify it.

Toure, Bridge, Richards, Lescott have got him sacked. There is only so much you can train, you can't kick every ball for them.
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:43 am

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Horrible way to do it but credit to Hughes for being professional until the end.

I really thought our owners were different. In some ways i'm glad to see our owners can be ruthless in the quest for success but on the other hand, people seem to love stats so much and nobody can question that we we're top 6 and doing great in a cup.

The owners say it was because of the results, when that cannot be the case, the results have made us top 6 and how can you argue with that for the first season as a team?

I think he was sacked because of form. A dip in the defenses form that lasted far too long. Form is however temporary and i'm frustrated that he wasn't give til the end of the season to rectify it.

Toure, Bridge, Richards, Lescott have got him sacked. There is only so much you can train, you can't kick every ball for them.

Although ultimately, yes, I think its form and an ill advised lack of patience that has cost him his job. I think the bizarre manner in which this all went down is due to something else. As I wrote in the other thread, this all seems a little too chaotic and poorly timed to be something that's all gone according to plan. I'd say in all honesty, this is a PR disaster. The 58% against the move and feeling totally ashamed of the club in the Hughes poll goes to support that. If this is something they planned and executed correctly then Cooke or whoever was involved in the planning of this needs replacing, because this is total amateur hour. The story leaking the morning of the game to GMR and then on Sky Sports during the match? What a reckless and pointless display of disrespect! A 'players revolt' post game, covered in the national newspapers the next day. Its all appallingly bad.

Did Hughes discover he was about to be replaced and jumped before he was pushed? Looks a little like that to me.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby s1ty m » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:00 am

He was appointed by a previos ownership and adug did well to give him 18 months and 224.5 million (224.5!). yet his side regularly appears not to play for him, draw every bloody game, can't beat hull or burnley at home, give displays like the spurs monster and we should feel sorry for hughes. he's shit at tactics and is not a good manager. his record stands for itself. We played well about 5 times in his 18 months and he cannot motivate top players, apparently. thank christ he's gone, we were looking at 6th at best, imo.

mancini? absolutely no idea about him. i wanted the likes of hiddink, wneger or mourinho. we'll see, but if the italians know 1 thing it's defending. this s=city defence is among the worst i have ever seen in blue shirts, pro rata, pound for pound, division for division, if you get me. week after week the set piece defending gets worse. actually worse. glad his usless coaches are going too.

up the blues.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby trueblue64 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:16 am

I really can't understand all the negative press, If I was paid say £1m a year given £200m to make the best I.T infastructure for a company and I failed then I wold be fired. Is it because

a. He was an ex Rag.
b. English.
c. They just fucking hate us.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Chinners » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:27 am

b. English??????
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby colonel_muck » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:03 pm

don't think i've anything new to add, but want to give my opinion none the less. i would like to have seen mark at least be given the opportunity of the carling cup semi, which he guided us to. although i was quite angry yesterday when the news came filtering through, i have calmed down now, and don't think we had improved even nearly enough under hughes with all the money spent. what i will say is that i have always been more a fan of the game than anything else, so i have enjoyed the hughes era immensely. Very rarely did i come away thinking i'd wasted my money. and although it almost certainly wouldn't have been his intention, this season reminisces of the keegan days, which were also brilliant. i don't know much about mancini, but i have always maintained i would hate to see us win ANYTHING at the cost of entertaining football, and the very fact that he made his name in italy makes me apprehensive. of course i will get behind the manager as i always do, but i hope the football is nearly half as entertaining as it was under sparky.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dazby » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:11 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Horrible way to do it but credit to Hughes for being professional until the end.

Mark, good players defending badly is generally a sign of disorganisation. It's something many here have whinged about for a long time. When you are organised you defend well. Leslie just didn't organise the defence well enough.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby frannylee » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:45 pm

According to Micky Quinn on talk sport, MH knew he was going weeks ago

Quinn and MH had dinner together two or three weeks ago and Hughes knew then that Mourinho and Hiddink had been approached about the City Managers job

Mancini appears to be a third or fourth choice appointment which makes me concerned over what the club are doing / thinking (I know only yesterday I said tough choices need to be made in business, but 24hrs of thinking has made me look at the situation from anumber of different angles)

If the current manager has achieved pre-season objectives i.e. 6th place, cup semi-final etc, then why get rid if you cant get your first choice replacement ??
It's not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have.
frannylee
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Have a guess ??!!

Postby Original Dub » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:58 pm

frannylee wrote:According to Micky Quinn on talk sport, MH knew he was going weeks ago

Quinn and MH had dinner together two or three weeks ago and Hughes knew then that Mourinho and Hiddink had been approached about the City Managers job

Mancini appears to be a third or fourth choice appointment which makes me concerned over what the club are doing / thinking (I know only yesterday I said tough choices need to be made in business, but 24hrs of thinking has made me look at the situation from anumber of different angles)

If the current manager has achieved pre-season objectives i.e. 6th place, cup semi-final etc, then why get rid if you cant get your first choice replacement ??

That is the strange thing about it all, but obviously the target changed to top four because of Liverpool's situation and it is the best opportunity to break into it. Khaldoon believes Mancini can get us there this season and obviously thought hughes couldn't.

If he's right, it was a great move and nobody will give a bollox!
Original Dub

Postby viking the Odd » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:58 pm

frannylee wrote:According to Micky Quinn on talk sport, MH knew he was going weeks ago

I still cannot work out why sack Hughes to bring in 4th choice,does look our owners are panicking,that's crazy, I would understand and accept a top proven manager,but really this is crazy, unaceptable, really unacceptable. People saying our owners have to be ruthless to get where we want to go, sure, theres ruthless,and just stupidity,and I think the owners have let us know where they are coming from, headless chickens, I guess a bit like our defence.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:00 pm

viking the Odd wrote:

I still cannot work out why sack Hughes to bring in 4th choice,does look our owners are panicking,that's crazy, I would understand and accept a top proven manager,but really this is crazy, unaceptable, really unacceptable. People saying our owners have to be ruthless to get where we want to go, sure, theres ruthless,and just stupidity,and I think the owners have let us know where they are coming from, headless chickens, I guess a bit like our defence.

You don't know he was 4th choice at all! One of a number they may have spoken to, why wouldn't they? But we know from reports that Khaldoon met Mancini several weeks ago, the fact that they checked around for other candidates and narrowed theirshort list down toan appointment shows cool headedness notpanic!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum