Barry Reveals City anger

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Barry Reveals City anger

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:04 pm

The players had a good mind to be shouting at each other and discussing the game. Yes we all know that game is finished now so we dont want to go into to much debate about it but we need a strong performance tommorow to put things right once more and sound out to other teams that we are contenders for a top 4 place to!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 55,00.html

Gareth Barry has revealed a number of Manchester City stars clashed with each other in the aftermath of their defeat to Tottenham.

City slumped to their second defeat of the season after a below-par showing in the 3-0 reverse at White Hart Lane.

The defeat saw City slip down to eighth spot in the table to increase the pressure on Mark Hughes' position at Eastlands.

Barry admitted the players were unhappy with the manner of the defeat and that there some strong views exchanged in the dressing room after the game.

"There was a lot of hurt players in there and the lads were really at each other's throats," said Barry.

"It's not just the defeat, it's the way we've lost - we've lost a lot of pride. A few words were said in the dressing room and we want to put things right."

Barry insists there was nothing malicious in the dressing room disagreements and has called on City to bounce back against Sunderland this weekend.

Response-

"It's important how we react to this, the best teams bounce back straight away and we've got to try and do that," added Barry.

"We are determined to put that right. We want three points - nothing else is good enough. One of the reasons we were so disappointed with the defeat against Spurs was because they are one of the teams who are challenging us to be in the top four.

"It was a more disappointed dressing room because of the way we've lost. But there was nothing malicious, we are desperate to put things right."
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Barry Reveals City anger

Postby failsworthblue » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:13 pm

He has not been arsed for the last few games and his either protecting himself for the World Cup or injured.

Ther slowest midfielder in the Prem.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Vhero » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:14 pm

Hughes says its good players fighting each other as its what helped us win our Chelsea match however Spurs are completely the opposite they are all best mates over there and you could see the difference on the field. Another reason why Hughes is fucking clueless he needs to solve this ASAP. I am not turning this into a Hughes out debate I'm just saying this is a managers problem and HE needs to solve it.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby john68 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:33 pm

I would much rather the City players be angry about the events at White hart lane than simply accept the defeat benignly. We read the report from Stevie ireland about the jokey reaction to the 1-8 defeat at Boro.

It is a part of the game that is quite normal for sides with a wish to win and shows to some extent that they are taking responsibility for the loss.

It's easy to be pleasant after a good win...I don't suppose there was much debate after the Chelsea win
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Return to The Maine Football forum