Gus Hiddinks Agent Claims City Are Sounding Him Out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Gus Hiddinks Agent Claims City Are Sounding Him Out

Postby Vhero » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:49 pm

gilford wrote:
Vhero wrote:The fact he has been contacted shows we are already looking for a replacement though so it shows our owners have finally lost faith in Hughes. This probably means he won't have anything to spend in January no doubt and they are probably hoping to replace him before then.

We can only dream this is true.............

Indeed but we can see now eh?? Time to move on to.. Oh I dunno.... Mourinho?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:59 pm

gilford wrote:
Vhero wrote:The fact he has been contacted shows we are already looking for a replacement though so it shows our owners have finally lost faith in Hughes. This probably means he won't have anything to spend in January no doubt and they are probably hoping to replace him before then.

The fact a manager with limited success who was fired from his previous job a month ago's agent claims something is more likely to mean that he's sniffing out another oligarch's pay cheque, before going back to the Netherlands to win 3 more Amstel/Queen Beatrice Shields to remind us he can still win stuff 20-odd years after his only European trophy.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Socrates » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:04 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
gilford wrote:

The fact a manager with limited success who was fired from his previous job a month ago's agent claims something is more likely to mean that he's sniffing out another oligarch's pay cheque, before going back to the Netherlands to win 3 more Amstel/Queen Beatrice Shields to remind us he can still win stuff 20-odd years after his only European trophy.

Can you provide a link to when that happened. Won't hold my breath as you made it up...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:22 pm

I heard that Roman had put a 'Hit' out on him if he went anywhere near us! I know who I choose to believe ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:57 pm

No need for Hughes to get sacked just yet or anything. Lets see where we are come the middle of January or a bit later. With sky sports news going on about a new manager for city when Hughes hasnt even been sacked will only disrupt the team if it drags on.
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:03 pm

Socrates wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
gilford wrote:

Can you provide a link to when that happened. Won't hold my breath as you made it up...

What? About his agent saying he's been contacted? Seems like everyone else seems to accept it.

If Hiddink is hired to replace Hughes, I, for one, would be bitterly, bitterly disappointed. From what I've seen so far, they have tried to put across the impression that they are dynasty builders. His recruitment would spit in the face of that. As I have said before, he has had limited success, and is only in the frame due to his high-profile appointments for international teams during major tournaments (well, except 2010, as he couldn't get Russia to beat Slovenia over 2 legs).

In fact, I'd honestly prefer to have Keegan back.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby cdncityfan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:41 pm

I honestly do not think Guus Hiddink really wants to manage long-term in the Premier League. After his time with PSV Eindhoven, he has made a very successful career out of managing national teams and the failure to qualify for the World Cup is AT WORST a minor blemish on a stellar record. If you take Russia's world cup qualifying run as a whole and factor in the poor form most of Russia's strikers (apart from Arshavin) were having around the time of the match with Slovenia, you can easily see the quality of what Hiddink was doing with a team that is player-for-player at the same level as Ukraine or Poland.
If Hiddink wanted to continue in the Premier League, he had a marvelous opportunity to do so with Chelsea. He had already revitalized the team in the league, won the FA Cup and came within several dubious refereeing decisions of the Champions League final against the eventual winners of the competition. That he turned down the chance makes me think that he honestly enjoys being a national team boss and being away from the constant pressure of being a manager at a rich club in the Premiership. It would be worse at City than it was at Chelsea!
However, if he would come, I would welcome him with open arms. We would then have a manager who brings a wealth of experience, especially in Europe, and knowledge of strategy and tactics, all of which Mark Hughes, for all his merits, has a lot to learn to reach Hiddink's level.
Manchester City FC: the class of the Premier League!
cdncityfan
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Rangers / City
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Socrates » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:37 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Socrates wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
gilford wrote:

What? About his agent saying he's been contacted? Seems like everyone else seems to accept it.

If Hiddink is hired to replace Hughes, I, for one, would be bitterly, bitterly disappointed. From what I've seen so far, they have tried to put across the impression that they are dynasty builders. His recruitment would spit in the face of that. As I have said before, he has had limited success, and is only in the frame due to his high-profile appointments for international teams during major tournaments (well, except 2010, as he couldn't get Russia to beat Slovenia over 2 legs).

In fact, I'd honestly prefer to have Keegan back.

no, the bit in bold - when precisely was Hiddink sacked?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby viking the Odd » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:25 pm

I think all is happening is Mr Hiddink is after a better contract with the Ruskies, so he get's his agent to come out with some crap,with MCFC's blessing,to kill two birds with one stone. i.e. put pressure on Mr Hughes, and Mr Hiddink to feel wanted,after failing to do his job.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby King Kev » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:33 pm

I am pretty sure that Hiddink still has a contract with Chelsea (as some sort of advisor) in which case there is not a hope in hell of Abramovic allowing him to come to us.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:35 pm

King Kev wrote:I am pretty sure that Hiddink still has a contract with Chelsea (as some sort of advisor) in which case there is not a hope in hell of Abramovic allowing him to come to us.

Given a choice, would you choose a guy on the wrong side of 60 to kickstart this 'project'? Mancini is and always has been the choice for me, young enough to see it through and proven record AS A MANAGER.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:40 pm

Slim wrote:
King Kev wrote:I am pretty sure that Hiddink still has a contract with Chelsea (as some sort of advisor) in which case there is not a hope in hell of Abramovic allowing him to come to us.

Given a choice, would you choose a guy on the wrong side of 60 to kickstart this 'project'? Mancini is and always has been the choice for me, young enough to see it through and proven record AS A MANAGER.

My honest (and rather boring) answer to that question is that I don't know who is the best man for the job. I just want somebody with a proven record as a manager and a winning mentality.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:11 am

Slim wrote:

No you wouldnt, but if he is always seen as a stepping stone, then it would make sense

He has the job to achieve certain things, like CL qualification next yr, and maybe the campaign the year after. Reasonably he can be expected to do that.

Like many have said, we need a manager to take us on to the next level - and if we cant get the likes of Jose now, then you hire someone for 2 yrs to take us up to that level

Even if we dont change Hughes now, I feel it inevitable that he will be replaced with a top manager eventually even if he does get to the champs league because he simply does not have the same situation that fergie had at united early doors where years of failure in europe were tolerated because of nationality laws. We can buy the best on the world, fegies never had that option, which makes his achievements all the more remarkable -the scottish cunt
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum