Yaya - 'I want to see what City will do'.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Yaya - 'I want to see what City will do'.

Postby Esky » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:12 am

http://goal.com/en/news/8/main/2009/12/17/1693442/its-my-dream-to-one-day-play-with-my-manchester-city-star

It's My Dream To One Day Play With My Manchester City Star Brother Kolo - Barcelona's Yaya Toure
The Ivorian midfielder is one of the unsung talents of the Barcelona team. And he has been speaking exclusively to goal.com's Ashish Sharma about a potential link-up with his brother.

Meeting and speaking to Yaya Toure is a bit like having a chat with a gentle giant. This tall and powerful 26-year-old central midfielder speaks in one of the softest voices you could imagine.

The sheer power of Toure was amply illustrated in a memorable monet during Barcelona's all-conquering treble season. Receiving the ball in midfield, he stopped and looked about as he considered his options. All the while two opponents were trying to tackle him. Toure simply juggled the ball between his feet as they pestered him feverishly, and in a flash, with his mind made up, he suddenly powered through the pair oif them and fed the ball out to Lionel Messi. It was as though he was playing against kids in the park.

And here in Abu Dhabi in the build up to the Club World Club final the Ivorian is basking in the glory of it all. So is there more pressure on against Estudientes because they are so close to clinching six trophies in a single year?

"Yes, it does add pressure when you think about what it means. It's quite unbelievable, but at the moment it's five trophies and so I prefer to wait until Saturday to think about the sixth."

When considering the way the Catalans played against Atlante one begins to believe that there is something quite unique going on with this club. This cycle of domination that they have is one which seems destined to last for some time. Toure agrees with that sentiment.

"Yes I think so. Last year we played very tough football and this year it has continued. Barca can do this for many years. The formation they have works and when you see players like Bojan and Pedro coming through from the ages of 16 and 17 then this is very positive for the future of the club."

And it seems that Yaya was destined for a career at the Camp Nou. He recalls a conversation he had with his brother Kolo when he was just a young boy.

"I was 11 years old and I saw a game between Barcelona and Madrid. Ronaldo was at Barca then and was running from midfield scoring goals. And i said to my brother: 'Kolo, one day I will play for Barcelona'. And now it's incredible. All my family and my brother and all the people who know me say it's incredible that you said that all those years ago and now it's become a reality."

Yaya Toure may well be at the best club in the world, but the more you talk to him, the more he comes across as a player who who is contemplating a move. The Ivorian is constantly being linked with a move to England. It began with Arsenal, and now it's Manchester City, where his brother Kolo is currently plying his trade. So how does he respond to those rumours?

"I am very happy because these are big teams. Arsenal I have a lot of respect for. The project of Manchester City is very nice. They have some big players. Adebayor, Tevez, my brother is also there and he has a lot of ambition. Right now I am quiet about that because I want to see what they will do. For me the most important thing is to play every day because I need to play, because I am a young player. I am not old."

And this is the reason why Yaya moving on is not so difficult to imagine. He could walk into most top sides in Europe, but at a club that boasts the likes of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets and Keita, he accepts that he has to bide his team and take whatever chances come his way. And this season a combination of injuries and the form of midfield pairing Busquets and Keita has restricted his first team appearances. It's clearly a big frustration.

I offer him a choice: You can have every single game for a top side that is not Barcelona, or you can play every so often for the best team in the world?

"Yeah, well sure, if you play every match for one team, I mean 100 per cent of the games, it's very important for you as a player. I am a strong person and physically strong as well, so I feel very complete. I can play 25 or 30 games but when I only have five or ten games to play then I am not so happy about that. We have a squad of 25 in which 11 play and the rest don't, and you can't show you are unhappy because when you get angry then you don't show respect for your team-mates...."

Yaya is tempting me too much with his words. I have to ask the question... "Honestly Yaya... Do you want to play with your brother Kolo at Manchester City?" The enigmatic midfielder throws back his head and laughs heartily.

"Yes, I have said this a lot of times before, that it's my dream that one day I want to play in the same team with my brother, but which team and where?" He smiles again. "For me, in my life the most important is God, and after that my family. And my brother is so important to me. He tells me that he wants to play with me. He's not happy for me and my situation right now and he talks to me about that. What I tell him everyday is that I want to play for the best team. Barcelona is very nice and the best team, but we don't know about tomorrow."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it has the board divided given that we already have De Jong/Barry/Kompany/(Johnson) in the squad but there's no doubting that he is one of the best in the world in the position. Being rotated alongside Keita and Busquets isn't exactly something to be ashamed of either.

Sorry if posted previously but it's amazing how 12 months can change a player's tune.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Re: Yaya - 'I want to see what City will do'.

Postby ashton287 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:43 am

it's amazing how barca not wanting him anymore can change a players tune dont you mean i think it would be another signing that given the players we have for the position would be a waste of money and thee is definately more need for diffrent positions ie DEFENDERS FOR CHRISTS SAKE WE NEEEEEEED DEFENDERS THAT CAN DEFEND and after that we need to strengthen the sides cos we looked dier without shauny and hughes isnt gonna play weiss if he wouldnt play him at 2-0 down
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:07 pm

The sheer power of Toure was amply illustrated in a memorable monet during Barcelona's all-conquering treble season. Receiving the ball in midfield, he stopped and looked about as he considered his options. All the while two opponents were trying to tackle him. Toure simply juggled the ball between his feet as they pestered him feverishly, and in a flash, with his mind made up, he suddenly powered through the pair oif them and fed the ball out to Lionel Messi. It was as though he was playing against kids in the park.

See i was saying he played in the middle of the park against the rags And made them look like little kids a few weeks ago. No one believed me!

Thats why i want him in a city shirt in january as we have no dominant prescence in the middle of the park , De jong is good but too small for high balls. are midfiels is too weak if we only play barry , ireland and de jong there.

We either need to go back to 4- 5 - 1 or we get YAYA in and play 4-4-2
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Vhero » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:47 pm

Shame he cannot play CB :(
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Original Dub » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:34 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:

See i was saying he played in the middle of the park against the rags And made them look like little kids a few weeks ago. No one believed me!
Thats why i want him in a city shirt in january as we have no dominant prescence in the middle of the park , De jong is good but too small for high balls. are midfiels is too weak if we only play barry , ireland and de jong there.

Yaya Toure played in defence in the champion's league final. That is a fact mate. I can't believe you're still trying to tell us he bossed the midfield!!
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:35 pm

Vhero wrote:Shame he cannot play CB :(

Oh FOR FUCK SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original Dub

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:55 pm

Yaya is a quality player and could change our team for the better. Him and De Jong in defensive midfield and Barry maybe left back or Yaya centre half.

I am not sure.
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby edge275 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:06 pm

I'd love to have Yaya here.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:10 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:I am not sure.

Leslie?
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby cdncityfan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:12 pm

Very good player, but aren't you irritated at hearing commentaries like "I will wait an see what City will do"?
If you like the project, want to play with your brother and play regularly, then pressure Barcelona to sell you to CITY!!! Far too often, you see star players whine and complain that they want to play regularly in the Champions League in trying to exit their clubs or reject moves because the interested club is not in Europe already. I realize one player does not a team make, but attitudes like this remind me too much of trying to piggy-back on the success already earned by a club, rather than making a positive contribution. Yaya Toure would make a great addition to City's midfield, the question is does he actually want to play for City, or simply want a chunk of the success we will eventually earn with OR without him. I hope it is the former and not the latter, because the rumour of him joining us just does not seem to go away.
Manchester City FC: the class of the Premier League!
cdncityfan
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Rangers / City
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Goataldo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:36 pm

THere's a story currently circulating that they may well play together - at Barca! Haha.

I think he did play at CB in teh CLF, but he didn't half come out well with the the ball and carry on up the pitch to his preferred area at times, and he looked immense dominating the rags. I thikn he's mint from what I've seen of him, he has everything a footballer needs, perhaps apart from keeping yer gob shut. But I've not seen anywhere near enough of him to judge whether or no he'd sort us out teamwise - I thikn I'll make a New Year resolution to watch more Spanish football.
Can you have too many brilliant players? Probably yes...Rodney Marsh, Tino Asprilla....

Must admit though, despite my general cynicism towards gutter press guff, if he did say he'd wait and see, it is a bit much. IT's like; 'Oh will you now, we're ever so grateful and will try to be worthy.'

Anyway I've just adjusted my Rambling setting to 'OFF', but it doesn't always work.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:

Yaya Toure played in defence in the champion's league final. That is a fact mate. I can't believe you're still trying to tell us he bossed the midfield!!

haha

I know i know

but this quote from the original; post made me think again.

Receiving the ball in midfield, he stopped and looked about as he considered his options. All the while two opponents were trying to tackle him. Toure simply juggled the ball between his feet as they pestered him feverishly, and in a flash, with his mind made up, he suddenly powered through the pair oif them and fed the ball out to Lionel Messi. It was as though he was playing against kids in the park.

So i cant be that much of a daft cunt as these people saw him boss the midfied too and if he played center back and bossed the midfield in the championsleague final surely a player we must get.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ScapeGoat » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:32 pm

Yaya - 'I want to see what City will do'

So do we, Yaya, so do we.
ScapeGoat
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Slim » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:37 pm

Original Dub wrote:

HAHAHAHA, it's like riding a broken bicycle, apparently you keep forgetting our lad Vhero is good for streams...END OF.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:41 pm

edge275 wrote:I'd love to have Yaya here.

Same here and I think our squad are crying out for a player of his calibre at the back atm, fuck Upson and Parker go and get the real deal Les!!!
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:49 pm

Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

HAHAHAHA, it's like riding a broken bicycle, apparently you keep forgetting our lad Vhero is good for streams...END OF.

And that some people don't understand sarcasm on here either eh? I said it as people don't shut up about the fact we have enough DM right now thats why i said it. I realize now I may have used the wrong smiley to get my point across lol.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Return to The Maine Football forum