Who Should Be Dropped For Saturday?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Who Should Be Dropped For Saturday?

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:23 pm

I do think Barry and Adebayor should be rested but I highly doubt Hughes will go thru with it.

Personally I would like to see us line up like this.

-----------------------Given----------------------
Micah---------Kolo---------Ned-----------Sylvy
---------------Ireland------Kompany------------
Weiss----------------Tevez--------------Petrov
------------------------RSC------------------------

Maybe not our strongest line up but with Petrov and Weiss on the wings RSC should receive good ball in the box. Sunderland have a few injuries in their defence so if we get balls into the box we should be able to win a few for a change. Thankfully Sunderland dont have anyone with real pace on the right so Sylvy should be OK.
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby dazby » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:05 am

de Jong is suspended. Vinnie or Zabba in.
It's in December so it must be Santa time. Let Ade get hungry on the bench for a match.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Nick » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:50 am

sick of this robbie has 2/3 men on him bollocks. He was free for most of the spurs game and did fuck all after the first 15 mins.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Slim » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:56 am

Wonderwall wrote:
King Kev wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Stay with me.... it might be a little experimental

GK - Given OK should not be replaced

RB - Richards OK should not be replaced
CB - Kompany moves into the back four to replace Sylvinho but takes Neds position
CB - Toure OK but needs a kick up the arse
LB - Onuoha OK but Moves to LB to give us a bit more pace

RM - SWP will hopefully return
AM - Ireland OK I have seen glimpses of the old superman and think he will be back to form soon
DM - De Jong OK should not be replaced
LM - Bellamy comes back in and will be eager to get his teeth into anyone who dares take the ball off him

AM/ST - Robinho - I know tevez has been doing well but I want to see if Robbie has any desire at all
ST - Santa Cruz - looked ok and lively for the first time in a blue shirt, maybe this would be the kick up Ade's arse that is needed

Bench of

Taylor
Sylvinho
Zabba
Barry
Weiss
Adebayor
Tevez

At the end of the day, they should all be good enough to warrant starts.

I think you might be alone in thinking that Tevez should be dropped.

I did struggle with that one, but as we are at home and thats the only place that robbie knows where to play football, I opted for him.

If Shaun isn't fit, maybe we could put the right footed Robinho on the right wing and quit fucking about pandering to his desire to drift inside.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:18 am

Given
Richards - Toure - Ned - Sylvinho
SWP (Weiss) - Kompany - Ireland - Petrov
Tevez
RSC

for me, lots of changes from the embarrassing fucknuts that ran out at Spurs...it's time to let Petrov have a match. At the expense of Robinho. Additionally, i'd play Komany CM for De Jong cover as he's out. I'd leave the back four alone. If they can't sort it we need to know where they stand right fuclin now. Only way to find out is to watch them play together. i also would put on RSC to start instead of Ade. If SWP isn't fit i'd play Weiss as well. We'd get width and crossing ability for RSC and Tevez. Bench: Robinho, Ade, Taylor, Gaz Baz, Bellamy, Zabs. (Weiss)

Fuck knows if we could actually play a 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2...but these are the players i'd tuck into whatever fuclin formation Mr Fancypants is getting us to attempt to allegedly play this weekend.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby mancitymark » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:49 am

While Mark Hughes is here , you can pick any players you want , its the coaching and tactics that are wrong , good players do not become shit overnight unless they cannot understand or are not capable of playing a system they are not comfortable with.

Adebayor played under Venger
Gareth Barry under Martin Oneil
Lescott under Moyes
Tevez under Baconface
Bridge under Mourinho

I could go on and on ....... Elano and Robinho look like world beaters playing for Brazil , yet shit for us ....

All better managers than the tosser we have and it shows.
mancitymark
Robinho's Step Over

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:32 am

Wonderwall wrote:Stay with me.... it might be a little experimental

GK - Given OK should not be replaced

RB - Richards OK should not be replaced
CB - Kompany moves into the back four to replace Sylvinho but takes Neds position
CB - Toure OK but needs a kick up the arse
LB - Onuoha OK but Moves to LB to give us a bit more pace

RM - SWP will hopefully return
AM - Ireland OK I have seen glimpses of the old superman and think he will be back to form soon
DM - De Jong OK should not be replaced
LM - Bellamy comes back in and will be eager to get his teeth into anyone who dares take the ball off him

AM/ST - Robinho - I know tevez has been doing well but I want to see if Robbie has any desire at all
ST - Santa Cruz - looked ok and lively for the first time in a blue shirt, maybe this would be the kick up Ade's arse that is needed

Bench of

Taylor
Sylvinho
Zabba
Barry
Weiss
Adebayor
Tevez

At the end of the day, they should all be good enough to warrant starts.
I mostly agree with you although I admit Kompany as CB scares me a bit. I can't decide about Robinho, I see your point to move him to a position more suitable to him and see what he does there, but I also think Tevez is on fire lately (bar the Spurs game but he had no support and he can't do anything alone, still he did try to create something) and so I'd be reluctant to drop him.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby dick dastardley » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:55 am

dropped (from a great height) Ade lazy get!!, robinho the hype that isnt!!, barry looks goosed!!,

come in- swp or weiss to provide right side ammo, petrov left side ammo, bellamy best player this season!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby xavi6 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:42 pm

-----------------------------------Given------------------------------------------

Richards-------------Kompany------------------Onuoha--------------Sylvinho

---------------------------------Zabaleta-----------------------------------------

Bellamy------------------------Ireland-----------------------------------Petrov

----------------------------------Tevez-------------------------------------------

--------------------------------Santa Cruz---------------------------------------

Subs: Taylor, Weiss, Toure, Robinho, Adebayor, Barry, Benjani

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Nick » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Couldnt find a TEAM FOR SATURDAY thread so I;ll post in here.

Difficult one as Nigel is suspended. Now against shittyer teams (sunderland have looked class when I have seen them) we have tended to drop nigel in favour of:

Barry, Ireland SWP/tevez.

But people seem to favour dropping barry. If this was the case kompany would need to play DM, therefore would not play in the defence. I dont see MH dropping barry, but im sure he will change SOMETHING from wednesday. The question is, how fit are SWP and bellamy? because if there not fit. were fucked. Maybe go with:

Given
Micah Toure Ned Silvinho
Barry
Ireland
Tevez
SWP/Weiss RSC Petrov/Bellamy
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby sky_blue_stew » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:22 pm

Ade and Robinho definitely have something to prove before they get back into the starting XI. Doug's next training report might shed some light on their efforts there, but frankly, they need to be outshining the others.
sky_blue_stew
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum