Who Should Be Dropped For Saturday?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who Should Be Dropped For Saturday?

Postby King Kev » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:39 pm

Should the likes of Barry, Robinho, Toure and Adebayor be dropped now or should they be given one last chance to pull their fingers out and show that they are worthy of the shirt?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Who Should Be Dropped For Saturday?

Postby Florida Blue » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:44 pm

Hughes!!!

Seriously, I think it is time for Barry to take a rest, or possible slot at left back if Sylvinho is not the answer.

Maybe Ade needs a sit, and maybe it is time to give RSC a shot (nothing else is working very well).

Lastly, maybe Petrov or Weiss over Robinho.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby shawzy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:50 pm

Like FB mentioned..Id put Barry in at left back (if his groin aint playing up) Get SWP back IF fit..If not Weiss needs a start to bring balance back on the right flank.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:56 pm

shawzy wrote:Like FB mentioned..Id put Barry in at left back (if his groin aint playing up) Get SWP back IF fit..If not Weiss needs a start to bring balance back on the right flank.

I think youre right about Gareth at LB and Martin in on the left and Robbie more central.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby King Kev » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:04 pm

Personally I think that Barry needs to be dropped. If he can't do the job he was bought for then there's no point playing him at LB. He needs to be dropped until whatever is affecting his game is sorted out. Garrido can cover at LB.

Robinho and Adebayor need a hefty kick up their arses and should be told that if they don't sort themselves out they will be dropped regardless of their price-tags.

Toure I can't work out. Wasn't he a member of the Arsenal Invincibles? I am sure he is a very good player but have seen very little to back up this belief since he joined us.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:10 pm

Stay with me.... it might be a little experimental

GK - Given OK should not be replaced

RB - Richards OK should not be replaced
CB - Kompany moves into the back four to replace Sylvinho but takes Neds position
CB - Toure OK but needs a kick up the arse
LB - Onuoha OK but Moves to LB to give us a bit more pace

RM - SWP will hopefully return
AM - Ireland OK I have seen glimpses of the old superman and think he will be back to form soon
DM - De Jong OK should not be replaced
LM - Bellamy comes back in and will be eager to get his teeth into anyone who dares take the ball off him

AM/ST - Robinho - I know tevez has been doing well but I want to see if Robbie has any desire at all
ST - Santa Cruz - looked ok and lively for the first time in a blue shirt, maybe this would be the kick up Ade's arse that is needed

Bench of

Taylor
Sylvinho
Zabba
Barry
Weiss
Adebayor
Tevez

At the end of the day, they should all be good enough to warrant starts.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:12 pm

King Kev wrote:Personally I think that Barry needs to be dropped. If he can't do the job he was bought for then there's no point playing him at LB. He needs to be dropped until whatever is affecting his game is sorted out. Garrido can cover at LB.

Robinho and Adebayor need a hefty kick up their arses and should be told that if they don't sort themselves out they will be dropped regardless of their price-tags.

Toure I can't work out. Wasn't he a member of the Arsenal Invincibles? I am sure he is a very good player but have seen very little to back up this belief since he joined us.

I dont think Barry was as bad as people make out yesteday and against Chelski I thought he was very good.So in those two recent games I think he is begining to get back to his early season form and dropping him now unless he is seriously injured would be a mistake.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby mr_nool » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:13 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Stay with me.... it might be a little experimental

CB - Kompany moves into the back four to replace Sylvinho but takes Neds position

AM - Ireland OK I have seen glimpses of the old superman and think he will be back to form soon
LM - Bellamy comes back in and will be eager to get his teeth into anyone who dares take the ball off him

AM/ST - Robinho - I know tevez has been doing well but I want to see if Robbie has any desire at all
ST - Santa Cruz - looked ok and lively for the first time in a blue shirt, maybe this would be the kick up Ade's arse that is needed

Bench of

Taylor
Sylvinho
Zabba
Barry
Weiss
Adebayor
Tevez

i like that but would go with tevez instead of robinho. would like to see tevez rather as a second striker than an attacking midileder, i.e. a 4-4-2.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby King Kev » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:16 pm

Bench of

Taylor
Sylvinho
Zabba
Barry
Weiss
Adebayor
Tevez

I think you might be alone in thinking that Tevez should be dropped.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:18 pm

King Kev wrote:

Bench of

Taylor
Sylvinho
Zabba
Barry
Weiss
Adebayor
Tevez

I think you might be alone in thinking that Tevez should be dropped.

I did struggle with that one, but as we are at home and thats the only place that robbie knows where to play football, I opted for him.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:32 pm

For me we should start with

Given

Richards
Toure
Onuoha
Sylvinho

Ireland
Kompany
SWP

Bellamy
RSC
Tevez

Droping Robinho, Barry and Adebayor

de Jong is obviously suspended.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby simon12 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:40 pm

What about....

CB - Kompany moves into the back four to replace Sylvinho
CB - Onuoha
LB - Barry needs to sort his head out

LM - Bellamy comes back in and will be eager to get his teeth into anyone who dares take the ball off him and he twats bentenberg

AM/ST - Tevez- OK should not be replaced

Bench
Taylor
Weiss - you`ll get a shot trust me
Toure - pull your finger out
Robbie - the same
Ade - the same
Petrov - I really want to give you a chance mate so bulk up
Syl - the games faster over here so sharpen up but I do like you (not in a gay way)
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby kinkylola » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:02 pm

unfair criticism of robbie, I think ... also the same one that uneducated rag fans love to throw out. When have we ever had a solid away performance since robbie has been at the club? if you can name more than 1 I'll be surprised ... naming 3 is near impossible.

in the first 10 minutes of that game, robbie and tevez and everyone looked up for it and robbie's passing especially looked good. After that he fell out of the game ... but so did everyone on our team with the exception of ... NO ONE.

everyone wants to persecute robbie for not doing anything on away days, but there isn't anyone on our team that steps it up on away day, and robbie takes the brunt because he's supposed to be our ace. How can robbie do anything when he's double teamed and everyone around him is gash? I support every player on MCFC, and equally, I do not make excuses for any players. But to say that robbie individually was poor last game is too harsh, imo, he had no one to play with ... no one did, we looked disjointed for 80 minutes of that game.

the thing i'm most surprised about his how petrov can't even get a look in. especially now when it seems the thing we lack most is width, which has been emphasized by swp's absense. Robbie is not a winger, he will not stay out wide, he drifts all over. I would go with a lineup of:

given
richards onuoha toure sylvinho
weiss dejong ireland petrov (dejong suspended? ok kompany then)
rsc tevez

the bench picks itself.

I stick with sylvinho at LB because ... well we don't have any other options 1 ... and 2 everyone saw him get torched by lennon, no doubt, would bridge have faired better? I actually like the way that sylvinho plays LB, I like his intelligence and positioning, and I dont think anyone would select him as a speed option at this point in his career. We just were not equipped to deal with lennon's pace. Had bridge been in there his better pace may have helped a bit ... but how much really? Sunderland do not have lennon, and so sylvinho's advantages will be better on display.

Ade is looking lazy/unmotivated and It won't do him harm to sit him for a game. He seems to do best when facing massive criticism/adversity ... so give him something to think about. RSC, for his part, put in a good shift at the end of the game and I would like to see him given a run out. could swap weiss for bellamy if you want more experience/graft on the wing ... but I would not drop tevez at this stage for anything. I want to put robbie in the team but right now we have to come out with a different look because we are becoming very predictable ... and i think that might be as much a part of our current woes as any other single factor.

oh and dejong (kompo) sitting back, ireland pushing up into amc role, obviously. diamond 442 style.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:04 pm

The fucking lot of them!!!
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:05 pm

Fuck that,same team as Spurs.

Let them redeem themselves and let Sylvinho show he is the nuts. ;-)
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:07 pm

I would go for a 4-4-2.given in goal obviously no question.the defence is a difficult one.i will go for richards at right back as hes been regaining his form and playing him in the centre could halt is recent progress.the centre pairing of toure and kompany and zab on the left.in midfield i would have de jong dm and ireland am.on the right flank weiss and left bellamy.tevez and ade upfront.i really do believe hughes needs to set an example to the players that they are not deserving of a place after recent showings.the players who need a good shaking in my opinion are firstly barry.where has he been since the draw against villa,a shadow of the player we saw in the opening 6 games.should have been dropped a long time ago and its been weak of hughes not to.robinho still looks unfit and said as much himself in an interview before the game a few late cameos will do for now.nedum and sylvinho surely need to be dropped on last nights showing alone they were both garbage.i went for zab at left purely because none of the other defenders deserve it.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby simon12 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:25 pm

kinkylola wrote:unfair criticism of robbie, I think ... also the same one that uneducated rag fans love to throw out. When have we ever had a solid away performance since robbie has been at the club? if you can name more than 1 I'll be surprised ... naming 3 is near impossible.

in the first 10 minutes of that game, robbie and tevez and everyone looked up for it and robbie's passing especially looked good. After that he fell out of the game ... but so did everyone on our team with the exception of ... NO ONE.

everyone wants to persecute robbie for not doing anything on away days, but there isn't anyone on our team that steps it up on away day, and robbie takes the brunt because he's supposed to be our ace. How can robbie do anything when he's double teamed and everyone around him is gash? I support every player on MCFC, and equally, I do not make excuses for any players. But to say that robbie individually was poor last game is too harsh, imo, he had no one to play with ... no one did, we looked disjointed for 80 minutes of that game.

the thing i'm most surprised about his how petrov can't even get a look in. especially now when it seems the thing we lack most is width, which has been emphasized by swp's absense. Robbie is not a winger, he will not stay out wide, he drifts all over. I would go with a lineup of:
I`m not being down on Robbie however you look to your stars when THE TEAM is not performing, to show that little bit of magic to spur and drive THE TEAM on. He`s not the only STAR at the club but at the moment they`re all Tommy Cooper and I`d rather the magic be more Derren Brown
given
rsc tevez

the bench picks itself.

I stick with sylvinho at LB because ... well we don't have any other options 1 ... and 2 everyone saw him get torched by lennon, no doubt, would bridge have faired better? I actually like the way that sylvinho plays LB, I like his intelligence and positioning, and I dont think anyone would select him as a speed option at this point in his career. We just were not equipped to deal with lennon's pace. Had bridge been in there his better pace may have helped a bit ... but how much really? Sunderland do not have lennon, and so sylvinho's advantages will be better on display.

Ade is looking lazy/unmotivated and It won't do him harm to sit him for a game. He seems to do best when facing massive criticism/adversity ... so give him something to think about. RSC, for his part, put in a good shift at the end of the game and I would like to see him given a run out. could swap weiss for bellamy if you want more experience/graft on the wing ... but I would not drop tevez at this stage for anything. I want to put robbie in the team but right now we have to come out with a different look because we are becoming very predictable ... and i think that might be as much a part of our current woes as any other single factor.

oh and dejong (kompo) sitting back, ireland pushing up into amc role, obviously. diamond 442 style.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Nige » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:37 pm

Ade needs dropping. Seriously I could have fucking strangled Hughes for leaving him on last night. If he wasn't nailed to the floor for headers he was crowding out space that Tevez and Robbie had made for themselves.

Shay
Micah Toure Ned Sylv

Weiss or SWP Ireland Vinnie Bellers
Robbie
Tevez

Robbie or Tevez to be replaced by RSC who seemed 100% better last night. Bit soon for a prem start though.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby kinkylola » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:41 pm

simon12 wrote:
kinkylola wrote:unfair criticism of robbie, I think ... also the same one that uneducated rag fans love to throw out. When have we ever had a solid away performance since robbie has been at the club? if you can name more than 1 I'll be surprised ... naming 3 is near impossible.

I`m not being down on Robbie however you look to your stars when THE TEAM is not performing, to show that little bit of magic to spur and drive THE TEAM on. He`s not the only STAR at the club but at the moment they`re all Tommy Cooper and I`d rather the magic be more Derren Brown
given
rsc tevez

the bench picks itself.

mate I almost missed your addition there and got really confused for a second ... using bold or italics could help a little next time.

but you're right ... you do look to your stars ... but at the same time, robinho is not a one man army. And when our team shuts down, the first thing that the oppo do is look to limit robbie's time on the ball and that should tell you something. they actively work to control robinho ... especially when the rest of the team have no ideas, because he's the only one that will. If oppo teams didn't do this I guarantee you robinho would be running riot. When that DOES happen however ... you look for your team to step up and support your stars.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby feedthegreek » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:41 pm

id put garrido left back
rishards alongside toure
zabba right back
we need vlad on the right wing
and give rsc a chance up front,
adebeyor doesnt even jump for balls in the air now ffs.
i would,nt put kompany anywhere near the 1st team yet is confidence must be low
after bolton where he had a nightmare.
and what were missing at the back is someone who can head a ball to safety.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum